Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Summit Success and SCCA Fun with the Ridetech C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:22 PM
0amanda@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Super Summit Success and SCCA Fun with the Ridetech C5Z

After logging a total of 41 hours over the weekend with the Ridetech C5Z, I can call this past weekend both successful and exhausting!

Leaving from the Ridetech facility in Jasper, Indiana early Friday morning, I made the long trip up to Norwalk, Ohio for the 2015 Super Summit at Summit Motorsports Park. After seven hours of interstate cruising, by the time I arrived in Norwalk early Friday afternoon, it was already time for the autocrossing to begin. Even being a Friday, there were several cars lined up and ready to find their way around the track. About 2 hours into the event, a strong storm approached. This storm turned into a super cell and tore apart several booths, including taking down about 1/3 of the Summit manufacturers' tent, and leaving several inches of standing water, shutting most booths down for the remainder of the evening. The autocross pad reopened for about an hour after drying out, but few cars remained.

Saturday came and it was time to do it all over again. With sunny weather and a nice breeze, about 80 cars came out for the autocross. There were several seasoned drivers, as well as first timers all out to enjoy a day of cone chasing. Loaded up with famous Norwalk ice cream, drivers got faster and faster as they pushed each other and their cars harder and harder. The RideTech C5Z spent most of the day in first place, but was pushed to 2nd by 3 hundredths of a second towards the end of the day. After an end of the day shootout the RideTech C5Z and I remained in 2nd place.

Tom McBride's Ridetech Coilover equipped C3 Corvette and the Ridetech C5Z

Once arriving home from Norwalk at midnight Saturday, the madness began all over again Sunday morning as my Dad and I made our way to a local Southern Indiana Region SCCA event at the Mid American Air Center in Lawrenceville, Illinois. My Dad and I always make it a point to go to these events together where have a reputation of fierce father/daughter competition. For this particular event we codrive the RideTech C5Z. Dad has his own personal C5Z and has looking at some possible changes to make his car more competitive at the track. It only took one session of runs for him to be amazed by the difference that the adjustable RideTech HQ Smooth Body Shocks, RideTech Delrin Bushings, and RideTech Muscle Bar make compared to his stock C5Z. This, as well as the fact that I got to beat my Dad (an 8 year SCCA Veteran) on the track, and a weekend member win, made for another successful day at the track and was the icing on the cake for an amazing (and exhausting) weekend.

Quick Reply: Super Summit Success and SCCA Fun with the Ridetech C5Z