Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unofficial 2015 LeMans Coverage Complaint Thread - NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 03:19 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Unofficial 2015 LeMans Coverage Complaint Thread - NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Forgive me if this is also being discussed in the "Official Race Thread", but I've started this one is for those who don't want to risk spoilers before they have a chance to catch up with their DVRs. Again, NO SPOILERS HERE, PLEASE!

So, here's my opening rant...

What idiot(s) managed to put together the weakest schedule in years? It's bad enough that we American WEC fans get little or no respect from so called "mainstream" sports media the rest of the year, but it escapes me how anyone could think the World's greatest sporting event (as determined by National Geographic, no less) shouldn't deserve a better portion of attention. Who cares about the early rounds of the Women's World Cup, especially here in the USA? (Besides, I seriously doubt 800,000,000 will be tuning in around the globe for that this weekend, no matter how much FIFA beats its overinflated chest.) And, referring those of us try to catch 100% of what coverage is available to other sources during non-broadcast hours is useless, as I imagine I'm not the only one who must resort to recording the race and watching (no, savoring) it over the course of the next few days. And, while we're at it, give us all 12 hours of Sebring!!!

OK, I feel a little better now.

Next?
Old 06-13-2015, 04:47 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Couldn't agree more. I just got in from working on my 69 Camaro project and wanted to sit down for awhile and watch LeMans. I guess the Camaro will get a couple more hours of work done on it and then the race will be on TV. Just not into women's soccer...or men's.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:51 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

To add insult to injury, even tho the commentators themselves mention that you can watch continuing coverage between broadcast air times over on Fox Sports Go, YOU CAN'T. Garbage app. What a bunch of morons!
Old 06-13-2015, 05:57 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,969 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSkunkWorks
To add insult to injury, even tho the commentators themselves mention that you can watch continuing coverage between broadcast air times over on Fox Sports Go, YOU CAN'T. Garbage app. What a bunch of morons!
I had no trouble with the android and ios apps. The windows app did not have the race for some reason, but from windows you can fuse a browser and watch the "overnight cam". No reason why you can't stream in somehow.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:37 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,400 Likes on 1,016 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Every year I get my quality Radio LeMans time in because Fox f's up the coverage somehow or another.

These companies start up 15 channels and yet won't put the race on just one and leave it.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by vader86
Every year I get my quality Radio LeMans time in because Fox f's up the coverage somehow or another.

These companies start up 15 channels and yet won't put the race on just one and leave it.
Sadly I'm sure it is all contractual related BS. The WEC/24 app is worth the 10-$15. It's cross platform too. Got my WEC website membership from the PC streaming to the Projector in my basement theater.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:44 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The woman's world cup annoys me but the thing that kills me is NASCAR recaps! For like 2 hours none the less! And my satalite bill is already $80 a month. If I want fox sports 2 that jumps to $130 a month! Just leave it on one frickin channel. Fox1 was made from the speed channel anyway. They know there are racing fans trying to watch and why do we need the sports show that goes over football! We get that crap 9 months out of the year. I'll say it. I HATE FOOTBALL! I hate it I hate it I hate it. It is tediously boring to me. I can see its allure but stop shoving it down my throat! I want to see the race! It is only the biggest sports car race in the world each year. I love america and our ridiculous hobbies and toys but if there is one thing (not getting political) that irks me the most, it is the lack of interest in sports car racing. I just don't get it. It has everything america is about and we have two companies in it now! Ford and Chevy! Doing well too! The only thing NASCAR has over us is that spectators can see the entire field all race. We have braking, multiple classes, more than 4 turns, active cautions, pit stops that are not purely the result of a caution, the machine and driver are important not just luck and more strategy while waiting for full course caution. We still have the big wrecks, passing, exciting racing. Better yet, we see the cars on the street! Not just tube chassis. The term "stock car" infuriates me.

OK little off topic but valid none the less.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:49 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

It is being broadcast live on Fox Sports Go website... 3 different views available. It is free as long as you have a login to your cable provider. I have Time Warner Cable.

I have been watching for the past 12hours with no interruptions
Old 06-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Racer1x
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vader86

Speed channel was a lot worse. lol
Old 06-13-2015, 11:05 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

FTR, I'm perfectly fine with any sportscar racing fan who wishes to post similar frustrations, whether about this race specifically or in general. Just so happens Le Mans is the one sports event by which I mark time from year to year. No, not Indy or Daytona, not the Super Bowl or NBA Finals, and certainly not anything to do with soccer. How's the saying go... 500 channels and nothing to watch?

OK, time to catch back up with my DVR.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:09 PM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dapopa9
It is being broadcast live on Fox Sports Go website... 3 different views available. It is free as long as you have a login to your cable provider. I have Time Warner Cable.

I have been watching for the past 12hours with no interruptions

I have no ideal how. I have both the android and PC app, and haven't been able to select anything other than what's being aired on their primary channels. Maybe there are limitations due to my particular provider (DirecTV). In any event, I have to take the race in over a few days, so I can't follow it thru chronologically with live streaming even if I had the time or stamina to do it straight thru.

Last edited by TheSkunkWorks; 06-13-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:22 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheSkunkWorks
I have no ideal how. I have both the android and PC app, and haven't been able to select anything other than what's being aired on their primary channels. Maybe there are limitations due to my particular provider (DirecTV). In any event, I have to take the race in over a few days, so I can't follow it thru chronologically with live streaming even if I had the time or stamina to do it straight thru.
Here is the site I'm watching it on in a Chrome browser...no app download needed: http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/
Old 06-13-2015, 11:23 PM
vader86
Team Owner

My Fox Sports Go isn't allowing me to see it at all now that its supposed to be on FS2, yet the soccer game isn't over so its not on there either, and can't get the overnight feed on the vette page.

This is atrocious coverage.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 PM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Working here on Time Warner still. Here is what it looks like:

Maybe they change what is online based on what your cable provider is
Old 06-13-2015, 11:35 PM
vader86
Team Owner

They are doing that.

If you are signed in online, then you cannot watch the feed except during the hours its not listed for you. When I signed out and refreshed the page it came back up and works.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Sucked, the worst coverage that I recall in several years.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:29 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
Sucked, the worst coverage that I recall in several years.

and know good way to complain

Get notified of new replies

To Unofficial 2015 LeMans Coverage Complaint Thread - NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Old 06-14-2015, 06:53 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Unofficial 2015 LeMans Coverage Complaint Thread - NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

The other annoying thing about the coverage was the way the decided to "name" the various broadcasts which screws up finding it on the DVR. Some they just called "auto racing" and then some they called 24 hours lemans based on if it was on fs1 or fs2. My DVR missed a portion of last nights race because of this stupid naming convention.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:32 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75
The other annoying thing about the coverage was the way the decided to "name" the various broadcasts which screws up finding it on the DVR. Some they just called "auto racing" and then some they called 24 hours lemans based on if it was on fs1 or fs2. My DVR missed a portion of last nights race because of this stupid naming convention.

ATTUverse are total idiots on par with the best (of idiots). Scheduled recording is a complete crap shoot. Often it's recorded under "No info available".

grrrrr
Old 06-14-2015, 08:00 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

Fox coverage was the worst!!!!

Quick Reply: Unofficial 2015 LeMans Coverage Complaint Thread - NO SPOILERS PLEASE!