Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting rear sway bar neutral

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 11:35 PM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Setting rear sway bar neutral

Ok so I figured this might be the best place to ask even though my car is for drag race. I have a 1986 z51 car and read it was a good idea to set the rear sway bar neutral for equal traction(front removed). Also read it was a good idea to set it with the same weight in the drivers seat and that's what I did.

So when I set it I noticed something kinda odd. I made my own adjustable end link for the pass side out of a male & female rod ends. Then put some weight in the car and had a friend sit in it to make it the same as my weight. Before he sat in it I set it so the bolt would slide in/out easy. When he sat down the bolt was out and I was under the car to see what it would do. The sway bar end raised some(maybe 1/2 inch or more) and then I extended the link to fit. I had to extend all but the last few threads and prob should of one or two thread more but I wanted a min of 3-4 threads(diameter of threaded end). The bolt then fit snug.

Here is the question, when my friend got out I left the bolt in and now the bolt slides in/out easy w/o any weight even tho it was extended about a 1/2 inch. Slides in/out easy before, weight and sway bar moves & bolt doesn't fit so I adjust, then w/o weight it still slides in/out easy??????? Did the bar reposition?
Old 08-09-2015, 02:27 PM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Just read another thread and maybe it's moving and needs collars to keep it centered.

Quick Reply: Setting rear sway bar neutral