Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Base, Radiator air scoop instead of Air Dam anyone ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 01:22 PM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Default C6 Base, Radiator air scoop instead of Air Dam anyone ?

Has anyone created your own or modified something to create an air scoop to aid in air flow to the radiator on the BASE C6 instead of using the air dam ?

I have a base C6 with APR front splitter (no undertray, so that the air still flows from the bottom of the car to the radiator) and LG World Challenge Hood.

I plan on removing the 2 side pieces of the air dam, since I've sealed off the OEM brake duct holes, and custom fabbed my own fog light brake ducting from my fog lights to cool the brakes with Quantum Motorsports spindle ducts.

Reasoning is:
- OEM air dam is a brick wall
- Some type of scoop would increase air flow to the radiator with rigid sides and bottom due to keeping the air pressure high into the radiator instead of letting the air pressure dissipate to the sides and under the air dam
- Air underneath the air dam flows under the car anyway, so that amount of air flow is basically unaffected by adding a scoop
- I would make the scoop smoothly curved or angled at 45 degrees, enclose the sides, and only have it protrude down towards the ground as much as the OEM air dam.

Quick Reply: C6 Base, Radiator air scoop instead of Air Dam anyone ?