Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hotchkis & PCA Autocross Race. 9/19-20/2015.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:30 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Hotchkis & PCA Autocross Race. 9/19-20/2015.

If you can have fun one day, why not two days? The Hotchkis event is always entertaining. Lots of very nice cars that are capable of winning a car show. Even mine. 2nd. overall.
Karen even came out and drove.
From a 30 second track to an 83 second track. PCA puts on the Big Daddy Autocross events. Your speeds may very, but 70 to 80 is not uncommon. This one was only 70. Those BFG's Rival S sure make noise. Need to fine tune the car and driver to make these work great. 3rd. overall.

Steve
Old 09-21-2015, 08:42 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Awesome laps Steve. And it was great to meet your better half, very nice lady!

I got to enjoy the driving experience just a little bit longer each lap than you at both events!

I bailed after my first 2 timed runs at PCA....I just couldn't get my car cooled down, so I figured I'd go home before I break something!

Looking forward to this weekend and hope I can jump in for a lap with you at some point during the day!

Again, awesome laps and thanks for posting.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:23 AM
JLZ06TR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice laps. Were these with the new koni shocks? if so how do they compare to the 2004 shocks?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:01 AM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Oh yeah, I meant to ask you: All said and done for the weekend, did you form any opinions? Rival S = RE71R?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:49 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
Awesome laps Steve. And it was great to meet your better half, very nice lady!

I bailed after my first 2 timed runs at PCA....I just couldn't get my car cooled down, so I figured I'd go home before I break something!

Looking forward to this weekend and hope I can jump in for a lap with you at some point during the day!
Thanks Randy. My car was a little hot too. Make sure you blow out your radiator. I have lots of Hay in my radiator, because of where I live. I have to blow it out every time I take it out.

Originally Posted by JLZ06TR
nice laps. Were these with the new koni shocks? if so how do they compare to the 2004 shocks?
Both days were with the new Koni's. There not leaking oil and they have plenty of travel, but that's about it. I have no impression right now. I made some adjustments three different times, but really didn't feel the car react different. Pretty much the same lap time too. This has been my experience before with adjustable shocks. I need more time on them.

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
Oh yeah, I meant to ask you: All said and done for the weekend, did you form any opinions? Rival S = RE71R?
Coming from Hoosiers and Bridgestone 71r tires, I felt like the BFG's had no grip. I couldn't hit my apexes. Seem to understeer right by them by a foot or more. The normal arc I would take to get to the apex just would not work. So basically just aim for the cone and you'll be closer to the apex. Hard to do. The car also had no grip on corner exit. I'm going to try more air pressure in the front, more toe out, and play with the shocks some more.

Steve

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 09-22-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hotchkis & PCA Autocross Race. 9/19-20/2015.

Quick Reply: Hotchkis & PCA Autocross Race. 9/19-20/2015.