Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula One - Japan - TV Times (US)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 12:02 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Formula One - Japan - TV Times (US)

Formula One - Japan - Schedule on NBC Sports Network

THINGS ARE DIFFERENT THIS WEEKEND SO HEADS UP

ALL SHOWINGS WILL BE ON NBC SPORTS NET

Practice is being shown ONE time.

Qualifying will be shown ONE time.

The Race will be shown ONE time.

The post-race show "F1 Extra" is shown immediately after the race
show whatever time that may be. So the simplest way to make sure you
record it is to simply added enough extra time to the race broadcast to
get (a) any extra time that was needed to record the entire race
including any delays, and (b) "F1 Extra".

I pull this info from from my Tivo's schedule. I have no guarantee that
it is correct but it usually is. I double check it with the NBC Sports
NET schedule, too.

NOTE: I am cobbling this together on my phone in a hotel in London, Enland. That includes researching the showings and their times. So be sure to double-check me AND check to see if there is more than one showing of Practice, Qualifying, and the Race. I have been unable to find any but things may have changed since I hunted for them. It just seems strange that they are only showing each just once.

------------------------------------------------------------------
ALL TIMES PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME !!!!! Eastern time in parens
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday September 24, 2015
-----------------------------------

10:00 PM - Practice 2 [LIVE] (1:00 AM Eastern Friday)

Friday September 25, 2015
-------------------------------

11:00 PM - Qualifying [LIVE] (2:00 AM Eastern Saturday)

Saturday September 26, 2015
-----------------------------------

9:30 PM - RACE [LIVE] (12:30 AM Eastern Sunday)

//////////
The following 4 users liked this post by Zoxxo:
Nowanker (09-23-2015), raff (09-25-2015), RX-Ben (09-24-2015), VetteDrmr (09-24-2015)
Old 09-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 734 Likes on 544 Posts

As always, thank you for assembling this info for us.
Now NBC just needs to do their part....
Old 09-23-2015, 01:20 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

How often do they have Sat race?

Old 09-23-2015, 07:16 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowanker
As always, thank you for assembling this info for us.
Now NBC just needs to do their part....
No kidding. Singapore I DVR'd the qualifying and find out Q3 got chopped.

Originally Posted by froggy47
How often do they have Sat race?

The way F1 sets things up free practices 1 & 2 are on Friday. Free practice 3 is Saturday morning and the race is on Sunday.

The only grand prix that is different is Monaco.

Now this being said the time zones play into the times we see things. For me it's way earlier than you folks watch things. For you guys it's the offset from Europe or the far East.............or you can watch the replay (if they have one).
Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by GZire
No kidding. Singapore I DVR'd the qualifying and find out Q3 got chopped.

The way F1 sets things up free practices 1 & 2 are on Friday. Free practice 3 is Saturday morning and the race is on Sunday.

The only grand prix that is different is Monaco.

Now this being said the time zones play into the times we see things. For me it's way earlier than you folks watch things. For you guys it's the offset from Europe or the far East.............or you can watch the replay (if they have one).

Their Sunday is our Sat, got it.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:53 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

As an fyi, you can watch these live or whenever you want (for ~3 or weeks after the event) on NBC Sports Live Extra (assuming you have a cooperating cable provider).
I think NBC has done an awesome job with their online portal as the ability to replay past events is incredibly useful.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:41 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
As an fyi, you can watch these live or whenever you want (for ~3 or weeks after the event) on NBC Sports Live Extra (assuming you have a cooperating cable provider).
I think NBC has done an awesome job with their online portal as the ability to replay past events is incredibly useful.
My SoCal ATTUVerse cable "service" does not appear to list that, lot's of "non english" rebroadcasts of Fresh Prince of Bel Air though.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:50 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Their Sunday is our Sat, got it.

Yeah this is about one of the only races I can watch at a decent time. Other than that if I want to watch live I'm up at something like 2 or 3 am.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:04 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2015, 05:11 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

Fairly straightforward race today, but Rossi's doing well keeping his car on the track and coming home. Any ideas what his future holds after this year?

Two weeks...

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 09-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Fairly straightforward race today, but Rossi's doing well keeping his car on the track and coming home. Any ideas what his future holds after this year?
[back from London - whew!]

I have no idea except that he's supposed to do 3 (I think) more races from them this season. Supposedly Merc is looking for provide them with power units next year which would be a nice boost for the team.

On another note, I ran across a couple of "latest news" and editorial pieces that make for reading both interesting:

http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/09/27/2...-in-australia/

and amusing ():

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/can-red-bull-quit.html

A Billion Euros to quit. Sometimes Bernie's machinations just have to make you smile.

Z//
Old 09-27-2015, 08:42 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

I wonder what would happen if Renault buys Lotus and Ferrari+Mercedes won't sell engines to RBR?

Good articles, thanks for sharing!

Welcome home, and have a good one!
Mike
Old 09-27-2015, 10:40 PM
froggy47
Race Director

I was hoping for a different podium just to keep it more interesting.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

I was hoping for a different podium just to keep it more interesting.

For decades it's been the nature of F1 for one team to dominate for a period of time. The nature of the beast. Despite all the hoo-haw about how driver X is "the greatest ever" and such nonsense, F1 is a TECHNICAL sport and it's the cars that are the true competitors. There's a reason that they say your real competition is your teammate - he's the only one with a (theoretically) equal car.

So, if one team/designer gets a trick figured out (or simply lucks into one and then has to figure out how it works after the fact ) then that team rises to to top for a bit. See Williams with the active cars. See Braun with the blown diffuser. See Ferrari (Schumacher days) with a bazillion dollars, their own (unlimited testing) track in their backyard, and, most importantly, bespoke tires made just for that car and made to Schumacher's liking. (History and people tend to forget these little, important details.) THAT is why Schumacher won so many races and set so many records. His record against Nico at Merc demonstrates pretty well where he talent really fell on the curve.

It's hard to tell how long Merc will carry the torch but it's unlikely to be for too much longer. Ferrari wants it badly and is the only other entity that (a) has the money and (b) makes the power unit. These new power units are so complex and so costly to develop, that they have effectively eliminated any possibility of a "non-denominational" manufacturer like Cosworth from providing a competitive motor to complete with the likes of Merc and Ferrari (and now, probably, Renault.) Red Bull's problem stems from this fact. Now it's not just the small TEAMS that can't compete, it's now manufacturers who might have been interested, too.

F1 has painted itself into a pretty tight corner with this madness.

Z//
Old 09-28-2015, 01:04 PM
froggy47
Race Director

What is the next best racing series (to watch on tv or computer) besides F1 in everyone's opinion? Assuming you think F1 is good.

I used to watch V8 Super Cars & thought that was pretty good, but I don't find it anymore.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:25 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Here is my ranking from watching a lot of races this year:

1 - IndyCar
2 - IMSA
3 - PWC
4 - WEC
5 - MotoGP (have only seen two races)
5 - F1
6 - NASCAR

I think you need a subscription to get the V8 SC series, like $40/year, which I don't have, but I'm pretty sure it would be near the top. DTM is also probably pretty good, but I haven't looked into how to view those. GP2 might be good too, not sure how to get them.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:19 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr

Two weeks...

Have a good one,
Mike

I think if he can get retained by Manor it might be fairly positive. I have a feeling that Manor might get a Mercedes powertrain with all the fuss going on with Red Bull (and by extension Toro Rosso). This is with Lotus getting purchased by Renault.

Figure that Red Bull (if they are still around) get the shaft, Ferrari powertrain goes to Toro Rosso and Haas. Ferrari, TR, Haas, & Sauber running Ferrari power.

Mercedes powers Mercedes, Williams, Force India, & Manor.

Lotus purchased and rebadged Renault running Renault power.

McLaren running Honda power.

Red Bull probably running a B spec (last year's engine from either Ferrari or Mercedes).

Get notified of new replies

To Formula One - Japan - TV Times (US)

Old 09-28-2015, 02:23 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
For decades it's been the nature of F1 for one team to dominate for a period of time. The nature of the beast. Despite all the hoo-haw about how driver X is "the greatest ever" and such nonsense, F1 is a TECHNICAL sport and it's the cars that are the true competitors. There's a reason that they say your real competition is your teammate - he's the only one with a (theoretically) equal car.

So, if one team/designer gets a trick figured out (or simply lucks into one and then has to figure out how it works after the fact ) then that team rises to to top for a bit. See Williams with the active cars. See Braun with the blown diffuser. See Ferrari (Schumacher days) with a bazillion dollars, their own (unlimited testing) track in their backyard, and, most importantly, bespoke tires made just for that car and made to Schumacher's liking. (History and people tend to forget these little, important details.) THAT is why Schumacher won so many races and set so many records. His record against Nico at Merc demonstrates pretty well where he talent really fell on the curve.

It's hard to tell how long Merc will carry the torch but it's unlikely to be for too much longer. Ferrari wants it badly and is the only other entity that (a) has the money and (b) makes the power unit. These new power units are so complex and so costly to develop, that they have effectively eliminated any possibility of a "non-denominational" manufacturer like Cosworth from providing a competitive motor to complete with the likes of Merc and Ferrari (and now, probably, Renault.) Red Bull's problem stems from this fact. Now it's not just the small TEAMS that can't compete, it's now manufacturers who might have been interested, too.

F1 has painted itself into a pretty tight corner with this madness.

Z//

I think we are already starting to see the powertrain dominance of Mercedes coming to an end.

I think the ICE of Ferrari and Mercedes are really close in terms of performance, but Mercedes' ERS system and packaging is still better.

I think the ICE of Honda is on par of Renault already, but they lag a lot in the ERS department. Both of these trail the Mercedes and Ferrari setups.

Probably by mid-season of next year I think the chassis will start to be much more the determining factor for Ferrari and Mercedes, certainly by the end of 2016.

By 2017 it's going to be aero that rules the day.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:38 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

I think if he can get retained by Manor it might be fairly positive. I have a feeling that Manor might get a Mercedes powertrain with all the fuss going on with Red Bull (and by extension Toro Rosso). This is with Lotus getting purchased by Renault.

Figure that Red Bull (if they are still around) get the shaft, Ferrari powertrain goes to Toro Rosso and Haas. Ferrari, TR, Haas, & Sauber running Ferrari power.

Mercedes powers Mercedes, Williams, Force India, & Manor.

Lotus purchased and rebadged Renault running Renault power.

McLaren running Honda power.

Red Bull probably running a B spec (last year's engine from either Ferrari or Mercedes).

It's confirmed. Manor to run the Mercedes powertrain next year due to the Renault buyout of Lotus.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:27 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

It's confirmed. Manor to run the Mercedes powertrain next year due to the Renault buyout of Lotus.
That will be Manor-Red Bull in 2016

Quick Reply: Formula One - Japan - TV Times (US)