Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just back from COTA/BIG thanks to LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just back from COTA/BIG thanks to LG Motorsports

Hi all. Just got back from COTA after 1 day of driving in the green class.

Wanted to give some bigtime props to LG Motorsports for my experience with them.

I have a 2007 zo6 heavily modified and sent it up to Anthony and the guys at LG in Dallas for G2 shocks, end links, drop spindles, and alignment. Also asked him to change the oil, check for valve lash (solid roller), and some other small stuff. Dropped it off last Monday and they worked on it through the week, only taking Thursday off for Thanksgiving. I picked it up at store close on Friday and trailered down to Austin for Saturday's driving school.

Cannot say enough about my overall experience with this shop. Workmanship is excellent, delivered the car on time, and customer service is over the top. Anthony rolled out the red carpet for me and made me feel like a valued customer. He and the rest of the crew know their stuff and obviously have the racing experience to back it up.

I even got to meet Lou briefly and he was kind and took the time to visit with me at store close on a Friday evening. I am very impressed and highly recommend LG to anyone with a vette that is interested in going faster with products that have been extensively tested and proven to work.

By the way the car is an absolute animal with 700 rwhp and would easily reach mid 170's on back straight at COTA with the right driver. However despite all the power the car is well-planted, predictable, and not twitchy like a stock zo6 would be. Everything works better. The car transitions faster, brakes more responsively, and the has more grip.

Highly recommended! Thank you!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:34 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

John,

Great to have you at the shop this week and that is one BEAST of a car you have there! It was a pleasure and happy we could get you setup on the best suspension parts for your Corvette.

Again, thank you from all of us here at LG!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:39 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

You are making me jealous!

I love COTA but so far it is a track we have not won a race on.

maybe this year.

Glad you had a good time. Racing is the last clean wholesome fun left in America!

I have been addicted to the adrenalin flow for years.

Let us know if we can do anything else for you. AND you are correct about the great staff we have at LG Motorsports. Anthony and all the guys are the BEST!!

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports

We Race.....You win!!

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 11-30-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Z

Hi all. Just got back from COTA after 1 day of driving in the green class.

Wanted to give some bigtime props to LG Motorsports for my experience with them.

I have a 2007 zo6 heavily modified and sent it up to Anthony and the guys at LG in Dallas for G2 shocks, end links, drop spindles, and alignment. Also asked him to change the oil, check for valve lash (solid roller), and some other small stuff. Dropped it off last Monday and they worked on it through the week, only taking Thursday off for Thanksgiving. I picked it up at store close on Friday and trailered down to Austin for Saturday's driving school.

Cannot say enough about my overall experience with this shop. Workmanship is excellent, delivered the car on time, and customer service is over the top. Anthony rolled out the red carpet for me and made me feel like a valued customer. He and the rest of the crew know their stuff and obviously have the racing experience to back it up.

I even got to meet Lou briefly and he was kind and took the time to visit with me at store close on a Friday evening. I am very impressed and highly recommend LG to anyone with a vette that is interested in going faster with products that have been extensively tested and proven to work.

By the way the car is an absolute animal with 700 rwhp and would easily reach mid 170's on back straight at COTA with the right driver. However despite all the power the car is well-planted, predictable, and not twitchy like a stock zo6 would be. Everything works better. The car transitions faster, brakes more responsively, and the has more grip.

Highly recommended! Thank you!
Sounds like a great time!
What were your lap times?
Old 12-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll be down at COTA this weekend. Been thinking about possibly swapping over to LG shocks and bars.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:14 AM
Captain Z
Racer

Originally Posted by Operations
Sounds like a great time!
What were your lap times?
Track was wet. First time at COTA. Inexperienced driver. On R888's my best hot lap was 2:38

It was definitely a fun time!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Captain Z
Racer

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
I'll be down at COTA this weekend. Been thinking about possibly swapping over to LG shocks and bars.
What are you currently running for suspension?
Old 12-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Z
What are you currently running for suspension?
Pfadt feather lights and sways
Old 12-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Captain Z
Racer

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
Pfadt feather lights and sways
Don't know anything about Phadt other than what I've heard. Never tried them before.

LG certainly will stand behind their products in the event something breaks
Old 12-12-2015, 02:30 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Meant to throw these pics up the other day!

The following users liked this post:
Captain Z (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 01:11 AM
Captain Z
Racer

looks good. Thank you for posting

Get notified of new replies

To Just back from COTA/BIG thanks to LG Motorsports

Quick Reply: Just back from COTA/BIG thanks to LG Motorsports