Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor rebuild with LSX-376-B8

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 07:10 PM
dfootdoc
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor rebuild with LSX-376-B8

To ALL,
I'm interested in experiences with LG Motorsports. I'm replacing my engine (LS6 C-5) with another. LG mentions that an LSX-376-B8 with their G6X3 cam and CC of the heads and with stock LS3 intake manifold should make 500 RW HP. I want a reliable track/street car with bullitt proof motor.
I race at most of the north texas tracks,COTA, and Hallett in Oklahoma.
NO dragracing...all road race stuff. I want to keep the AC and due to only doing 6 events/year and track time < 1 hr/session, they do not say I need a dry sump..

The car pulls > 1 g in turns, so MSR Cresson with its long left hander is a concern for oil starvation.

Another option by a local "speed shop" is for LS3 block 418 (stroker) with custom cam,wiseco pistons stock LS6 intake manifold, CC stock LS6 heads, and makes ~500 at the wheels - I've heard of piston wobble and stuff. LG says that is MUCH less reliable track motor.

comments please!!
or call 405-664-2953 - I'd love some input from anyone who's done this.

the car is not a race car...street legal, lots of upgrades, I run sticky tires and it has LG's GT2 coilovers/swaybars, but still has AC and want to keep it street-able.

Quick Reply: Motor rebuild with LSX-376-B8