Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCE Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 02:25 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Default TCE Brakes

The lowest prices on everything wilwood; Im not sure why anyone would pay more for the same kit from other vendors that arent even stocking the parts (and having to put their own money up). Heck a few of them (like on ebay) dont even have the correct product images - theyre still stuck using the old wilwood WA and superlite part pictures which makes me question how much effort theyre really putting into their business. Im not sure if I can just post the pricing as it might cause some conflict with other vendors, but the costs are substantially lower than anywhere else.

TCE is pretty much on top of all the latest stuff and can make what is not available - like specialized brackets for custom projects.

Theyll let you customize the kits you order so youre not stuck with useless parts like the bp10 street pads.

They have a very quick turnaround time on emails as well as shipping. Everything that they sent was shipped the same day. Even when i have had issues with incorrect parts they were on top of it sending prepaid shipping packaging immediately to get things rectified.

Overall my experience with them thus far has been good and I would have to recommend them to anyone looking into wilwood brakes.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:00 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Much appreciated.

In fairness I need to say that my shop stocks a huge supply of pads and 'service parts' for most Wilwood calipers as well as our own ss flex line kits etc. I do not however stock complete brake kits any longer. All full kits are drop shipped directly from Wilwood. (which may be the same for others also or from wholesalers like Summit or Atech etc) There was a time when I did stock much more in the product line including full blown kits. We moved away from this simply due to cost- inbound shipping, carrying and the dreaded color/rotor finish options. TCE simply cannot support all the options, sizes and costs related to all the items.

For those who don't know there are over 4700 line item parts in the Wilwood line. Of that 2050 line item "big brake kits" when you factor color and rotor options. It's nuts.

I will openly tell you readers that Wilwood is (again) quite behind on shipping many things. This is due in part to a huge expansion that had the company purchasing a building behind the current one and moving all of the warehouse to it as well as a large part of production. Meaning new air, waste, power, material handling etc. Plus a dozen or so Fadal mills and more. All the while trying to keep pace with an ever growing sales demand both here and abroad including OEM and Military contracts.

Like you the buyer I hate to wait for things that seemingly should be in stock. I get it. If you choose to shop elsewhere and pay more because it's on the shelf on ebay...I get tha too. However I will continue to help my customers get the best deals, service and experience I can offer them. Sometimes... Wilwood throws a bit of egg on my face tho.

Last edited by Todd TCE; 02-17-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Quick Reply: TCE Brakes