Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sign Our Petition - Support the NCM Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 02:55 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 548 Likes on 347 Posts

Default Sign Our Petition - Support the NCM Motorsports Park

Please take the time to click on link to sign the petition showing your support for the NCM Motorsports Park)
From the NCM:
Wow! We are so thankful for your support. Please take a moment and sign our petition!
We support the NCM Motorsports Park and want it to be successful as long as the neighbors’ ability to enjoy their homes and properties is not adversely affected. Therefore, we support the park’s request for an Amended Detailed Development Plan from the City-County Planning Commission to develop noise abatement structures to further protect neighbors. Moreover, we believe that the National Corvette Museum and NCM Motorsports Park are assets to the community as demonstrated by the $35 million in economic benefits they generate for the City of Bowling Green. We applaud their efforts to serve as a good corporate citizen and neighbor, and urge the favorable consideration of their application..........

http://www.supportncm.com/petition/
Old 02-26-2016, 10:17 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

signed and sent.
The following users liked this post:
cor123 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 11:00 PM
RIKKI Z-06
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 186 Posts

Done!
The following users liked this post:
cor123 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:33 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

For those that have not had the opportunity to visit this track you really should put it on your list this year. I have been there many times and am loving it more every time.

When it really gets fun: T2 - hold tight, full throttle to track out. Straight - full throttle into the braking zone for T5. T7 - drop down that hill at least 5mph more than your senses will accept. T8 - leave room on left in order to rotate the car into the apex with throttle over the blind trackout. T10 - full throttle into brake markers, hard brake. Must turn head way left to assume trackout perspective for TIGHT left well before turning wheel. T12- don't forget 'deception'! add throttle and hold it ALL THE WAY to brake markers of T15 (floating throttle until hard braking up hill for T16 if you dare). Don't forget T14 'table top' keeping wheel straight! Shift into 3rd before T17 brake markers so that you can get throttle up the hill - yes, it will hold! T19 - come to the right side before dropping into the sink hole - Don't push coming out (or you will go off track). T21 - mid to late apex fast - T22 mid to late apex faster - T23 Late Apex from left side of track with FULL throttle onto the straight! Congratulations! You just broke the 2:15 lap!
Old 02-27-2016, 12:09 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cor123

Please take the time to click on link to sign the petition showing your support for the NCM Motorsports Park)
From the NCM:
Wow! We are so thankful for your support. Please take a moment and sign our petition!
We support the NCM Motorsports Park and want it to be successful as long as the neighbors’ ability to enjoy their homes and properties is not adversely affected. Therefore, we support the park’s request for an Amended Detailed Development Plan from the City-County Planning Commission to develop noise abatement structures to further protect neighbors. Moreover, we believe that the National Corvette Museum and NCM Motorsports Park are assets to the community as demonstrated by the $35 million in economic benefits they generate for the City of Bowling Green. We applaud their efforts to serve as a good corporate citizen and neighbor, and urge the favorable consideration of their application..........

http://www.supportncm.com/petition/
That is garbage and anyone signing this is acting for a selfish reason and the hell with the neighborhood. Absolutely unbelievable.

Don't even try to rationalize this away or make a bag of excuses ...

I doubt that 99% of people who would sign this so called petition are aware of the fact, and most certainly do not care, that the NCM tried to screw the neighborhood or what has not been done that was originally promised much less what the impact is to the folks who live there.

The NCM under their stellar leadership and other peoples money, breached their agreement with the community in every regard and subsequently tried to jam it down their throats. Now they think their are on the high righteous road ... BS
Old 02-27-2016, 12:11 PM
jtmck
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
For those that have not had the opportunity to visit this track you really should put it on your list this year. I have been there many times and am loving it more every time.

When it really gets fun: T2 - hold tight, full throttle to track out. Straight - full throttle into the braking zone for T5. T7 - drop down that hill at least 5mph more than your senses will accept. T8 - leave room on left in order to rotate the car into the apex with throttle over the blind trackout. T10 - full throttle into brake markers, hard brake. Must turn head way left to assume trackout perspective for TIGHT left well before turning wheel. T12- don't forget 'deception'! add throttle and hold it ALL THE WAY to brake markers of T15 (floating throttle until hard braking up hill for T16 if you dare). Don't forget T14 'table top' keeping wheel straight! Shift into 3rd before T17 brake markers so that you can get throttle up the hill - yes, it will hold! T19 - come to the right side before dropping into the sink hole - Don't push coming out (or you will go off track). T21 - mid to late apex fast - T22 mid to late apex faster - T23 Late Apex from left side of track with FULL throttle onto the straight! Congratulations! You just broke the 2:15 lap!
Whoooo!!! My new goal!!!!
Old 02-27-2016, 12:18 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jtmck
Whoooo!!! My new goal!!!!
I thought I learned this from you!
Old 02-28-2016, 12:34 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by rbl
That is garbage and anyone signing this is acting for a selfish reason and the hell with the neighborhood. Absolutely unbelievable.

Don't even try to rationalize this away or make a bag of excuses ...

I doubt that 99% of people who would sign this so called petition are aware of the fact, and most certainly do not care, that the NCM tried to screw the neighborhood or what has not been done that was originally promised much less what the impact is to the folks who live there.

The NCM under their stellar leadership and other peoples money, breached their agreement with the community in every regard and subsequently tried to jam it down their throats. Now they think their are on the high righteous road ... BS
So I'm not going crazy (from this anyway).
Old 02-28-2016, 03:45 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

rbl, you never let an opportunity pass you bye to express a deep rooted bitterness toward the NCM MSP operation. I don't know what eats you up about this matter but it has persisted for a very long time. I have one question for you. Since you profess such a strong concern for the neighbors' (be they one, a couple or many) complaints, have you offered any ideas to the NCM on how to correct the 'perceived' problem? If so, what are your ideas?

Last edited by SouthernSon; 02-28-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:47 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

rbl, you never let an opportunity pass you bye to express a deep rooted bitterness toward the NCM MSP operation. I don't know what eats you up about this matter but it has persisted for a very long time. I have one question for you. Since you profess such a strong concern for the neighbors' (be they one, a couple or many) complaints, have you offered any ideas to the NCM on how to correct the 'perceived' problem? If so, what are your ideas?
Pretty sure he stated it very clearly above: NCM can follow through with their initial commitments or deal with this backlash.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:58 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
Pretty sure he stated it very clearly above: NCM can follow through with their initial commitments or deal with this backlash.
I think maybe you missed the essence of my question. The NCM is working to resolve any problem by building a very substantial berm. I don't know how long this has been in the works but I have been going to the MSP regularly since Sept. 2014 and the NCM has been working diligently to build a very substantial berm that I have witnessed each and every trip there. My question is more directly asking rbl has he put forward any ideas on how to mitigate the noise to the NCM staff or are his posts just simply a matter of whining over and over again?
Old 02-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

I think maybe you missed the essence of my question. The NCM is working to resolve any problem by building a very substantial berm. I don't know how long this has been in the works but I have been going to the MSP regularly since Sept. 2014 and the NCM has been working diligently to build a very substantial berm that I have witnessed each and every trip there. My question is more directly asking rbl has he put forward any ideas on how to mitigate the noise to the NCM staff or are his posts just simply a matter of whining over and over again?
It's my understanding that, all the issues NCM is so honorably addressing, were issues that were all lumped into the contract and that they were supposed to have been addressed before even opening the track.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:25 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Supercharged111
It's my understanding that, all the issues NCM is so honorably addressing, were issues that were all lumped into the contract and that they were supposed to have been addressed before even opening the track.
As I said earlier, I have been there many times since it opened and I see quite a bit of work in progress around the perimeter. As far as understandings, I have talked with several folks involved in the matter as well as quite a few drivers that aren't as well connected and have come to the conclusion that there are quite a few different versions of understandings. Therefore, I will go with what I see and not what I hear. As far as rbl, I wish he would just say what his gripe REALLY is. Nobody several hundred miles away can be eaten up this badly with angst over this issue alone.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:26 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

As I said earlier, I have been there many times since it opened and I see quite a bit of work in progress around the perimeter. As far as understandings, I have talked with several folks involved in the matter as well as quite a few drivers that aren't as well connected and have come to the conclusion that there are quite a few different versions of understandings. Therefore, I will go with what I see and not what I hear. As far as rbl, I wish he would just say what his gripe REALLY is. Nobody several hundred miles away can be eaten up this badly with angst over this issue alone.
I do agree that living several hundred miles away makes somebody pretty much an outside agitator. That also applies to signing a petition. Even though I have an interest in having the track running events I am not local to the area and don't deserve a say in the result.

Bill
Old 02-29-2016, 08:03 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I do agree that living several hundred miles away makes somebody pretty much an outside agitator. That also applies to signing a petition. Even though I have an interest in having the track running events I am not local to the area and don't deserve a say in the result.

Bill
Well put. Not only do those living next to the track have a right to their say, but so do those of us that have donated real monies to the MSP. I am glad to see the NCM has been actively engaged in trying to appease all involved. At least for the almost two years that I have seen work in progress.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:38 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This doesn't make any sense. Why would there be a petition to sign if the NCM was already awarded a permit to build a berm and they started it in Aug 2015 according to the NCM website;

http://www.motorsportspark.org/noise...uction-starts/

Furthermore, I doubt that the neighbors or any resident who pays taxes or has retired want the economy provided by CORVETTE to remove themselves from the area. CORVETTE is the main GDP of Bowling Green, KY.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:47 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by l98tpi
This doesn't make any sense. .....
I have been involved in aviation since 1969. I have owned and hangared aircraft at 3 different airports in 3 different states. I retired after a career with the FAA. You want to talk 'noise abatement'? How deep do you want to get? Seriously, there are more political backs to scratch and sooth at the city, county, state and federal levels that you really don't know whether you are coming or going. In this particular matter, all I know is what I see; there is work in progress and has been for a couple of years at least.

Get notified of new replies

To Sign Our Petition - Support the NCM Motorsports Park