Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has a MANTIC 7000 clutch

Old 03-13-2016, 08:41 PM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

Default who has a MANTIC 7000 clutch

Hey all info on this clutch is sorta slim lol I've pmed a couple people who have the clutch but havent really heard back so hopefully this generates a little more feedback. Basically I'm just wondering how it drives, how long you've had it/has it lasted etc.

As most of everyone here the clutch will be used mostly for race purposes. The clutch in the car now is a mcleod twin disk with a fidanza flywheel 9.5" and weighs 33lb. Its a very nice setup, revs quick smooth shifts, and also drives very nice when I need it too. Now I know the 7000 is going to give some stuff up in the drive-ability department but I'm looking for some feedback, lots of people here say it is actually quite driveable. I know that's a relative term but still some feedback is appreciated. I know how most light clutches drive and they really arent all the big of a deal to me but I have heard this is a little better since it uses a stell flywheel instead of a button

The car sees limited street time so I'm looking for something all out on the track but can still put around if I need it to. The 9000 is no improvement really over what i have now MOI wise so thats not an option at this point.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:47 AM
redbird555
Drifting

bump still looking for some info on this
Old 10-12-2016, 01:03 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the 9000 on my 500+rwhp dd/hpde car. The 9000 is much more driver friendly than the Spec 3+ I had before. I have about 4k mi on it and sadly, only 1 track day. But that will change over the next few weeks! I like it a lot.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:16 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,079 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Hey all info on this clutch is sorta slim lol I've pmed a couple people who have the clutch but havent really heard back so hopefully this generates a little more feedback. Basically I'm just wondering how it drives, how long you've had it/has it lasted etc.

As most of everyone here the clutch will be used mostly for race purposes. The clutch in the car now is a mcleod twin disk with a fidanza flywheel 9.5" and weighs 33lb. Its a very nice setup, revs quick smooth shifts, and also drives very nice when I need it too. Now I know the 7000 is going to give some stuff up in the drive-ability department but I'm looking for some feedback, lots of people here say it is actually quite driveable. I know that's a relative term but still some feedback is appreciated. I know how most light clutches drive and they really arent all the big of a deal to me but I have heard this is a little better since it uses a stell flywheel instead of a button

The car sees limited street time so I'm looking for something all out on the track but can still put around if I need it to. The 9000 is no improvement really over what i have now MOI wise so thats not an option at this point.

The 7000 can be driven on the street, I have driven many miles on the street tuning, but the MOI is much shorter. It sounds like that's what your looking for though.
Mantic being part of an OEM manufacturer, they feel the clutch is not street able, but I think it's still more drive able then several of the other aftermarket clutches.

I hope that helps, PM me if you would like pricing.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:21 AM
redbird555
Drifting

Awesome Doug I might be in touch next week just waiting to see how some things play out. I have heard how easy it is to burn up a clutch like this but in reality I haven't really found anyone who has done so with just street driving. Do you have a lot of miles on yours? How is t to modulate putting around. Obviously it won't like being slipped but still...
Old 10-13-2016, 11:27 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,079 Likes on 653 Posts

Awesome Doug I might be in touch next week just waiting to see how some things play out. I have heard how easy it is to burn up a clutch like this but in reality I haven't really found anyone who has done so with just street driving. Do you have a lot of miles on yours? How is t to modulate putting around. Obviously it won't like being slipped but still...

The car I was tuning was a customers, my car is track only and with young kids I'm actually just starting to get it ready for next year after a 5 year hibernation. So sadly even as Mantic's largest distributor, I have limited time driving the 7000. A few days really, but I was surprised with how it drove since Mantic made it sound like it was 100% track only, not street able at all.
I can make some calls to customers and see how many miles they have on it though.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:29 AM
redbird555
Drifting

I don't want to or you put Doug because I know it's a busy time but if you did that and posted the results I think it would help a lot of people who are on the edge about that type of clutch
Old 10-23-2016, 07:20 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I don't want to or you put Doug because I know it's a busy time but if you did that and posted the results I think it would help a lot of people who are on the edge about that type of clutch
I had the Mantic 9000 clutch on my track dedicated HPDE car and it was good but it wore out with heavy hard use on track. I had about 10 track days before needing to replace it. I now have a QuarterMaster Clutch. Costs slightly more but MUCH better. Very reliable. I abuse the **** out of my car at the track and never even a hiccup on my Quarter Master. My mechanic even sent the Mantic clutch to Quarter Master to see if they could rebuild it but it cannot be rebuilt. The QM one can be rebuilt but after about 20 more track days on the QM I have not needed anything more than bleeding my clutch.

Get notified of new replies

To who has a MANTIC 7000 clutch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who has a MANTIC 7000 clutch