Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me vette, wish me luck!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 02:08 PM
JVajdak23
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me vette, wish me luck!

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself and my new to me vette:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-/152088881939?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2369342b13%3Ag%3AduQAAOSwl-FXNSjS&item=152088881939&autorefresh=true
Hopefully you can see that still.

Picked that up last week. Car has had a storied life in Ohio as a TTA/TT3 car. I will continue doing HPDE's with it up in the Detroit area, starting in Grattan this saturday. Say hi if your there! First time in a RWD so go easy on me =)

The PS rack is leaking, big surprise. Planning on sending it in to Turn One, getting a T1 PS pump, and an ATI UD pulley while I have the rack out. Should be a fun time I only want to do this once! I have searched most of the threads on here and think I can do it on jack stands over a week or two. Any specific tips?
Old 05-28-2016, 04:01 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

The rack is no fun, doable, but no fun. It is the one thing that I always pay someone else to do. As far as Turn1, that is a good move. The ATI underdrive is also smart. The car will be good for a couple of years of hard track driving if it is in good shape now. Don't worry about too many upgrades until you start heating things up. You will then want to add coolers. For the tranny, I would go with the pump driven off the rear end. The electric pump is noisy and expensive to replace. After that, upgrade when you start breaking things. Then, go with your philosophy of do it right the first time.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:13 PM
JVajdak23
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
The rack is no fun, doable, but no fun. It is the one thing that I always pay someone else to do. As far as Turn1, that is a good move. The ATI underdrive is also smart. The car will be good for a couple of years of hard track driving if it is in good shape now. Don't worry about too many upgrades until you start heating things up. You will then want to add coolers. For the tranny, I would go with the pump driven off the rear end. The electric pump is noisy and expensive to replace. After that, upgrade when you start breaking things. Then, go with your philosophy of do it right the first time.
So I don't think I'll be doing any more upgrades, ever. This is what the car camewith. Stock powertrain;

Danny Popp/Joe Rook back-half cage ($4300)
RPM level V transmission ($4600)
Spec stage 1 clutch ($1250)
Vararam intake ($300)
LG G2 coilovers ($2400)
VBP polyurethane bushings
SKF wheel bearings ($1700)
Ron Davis radiator ($762)
Doug Rippie Motorsports transmission cooler ($650)
Doug Rippie Motorsports differential cooler ($650)
Danny Popp oil cooler
Danny Popp engine tune
Sparco Evo2 seats ($2200)
G-Force harnesses ($280)
Phoenix Performance tow hooks (removable, I keep them in the glove box)
Katech serpentine belt tensioner
Aluminum rails along the sides for jacking the car
transponder
pedal covers
skip shift eliminated
column lock eliminated
Stoptech two piece rotors ($675)
Hawk pads DT70 pads in front, DT60 in rear

Car repairs are never fun. Thankfully you guys are a helpful bunch and there are many threads on it along with froggy's videos. Saw that the balancer is starting to wobble a little so damper is going in for sure now with the rack.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:33 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Yeah, I think you have it covered. BTW, have Danny give you some pucks to put into the rack when rebuilt. It saves you wear and tear on the brake cooling ducts when running bigger tires. He made mine for me. You might ask him if the rack has them already. If so, call Turn One and tell them to reinstall them on the rebuild.

Get notified of new replies

To New to me vette, wish me luck!

Quick Reply: New to me vette, wish me luck!