Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worth swapping Corbeau FX1's for Sparcos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 03:48 PM
jranaudo
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Worth swapping Corbeau FX1's for Sparcos?

I am wondering if its worth swapping my current seats for the sparcos. The really only cons on the Corbeau's are that the shoulder strap hole can hardly fit the buckle. The pro's of the sparco are likely better quality, normal holes and at least previously been FIA certified.

I would have to sell my two seats and hardbar rails in turn. The price on the sparcos are $800 for the two with hardbar rails to I likely would be taking a lose of a few hundred.

Any opinions?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:46 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jranaudo
I am wondering if its worth swapping my current seats for the sparcos. The really only cons on the Corbeau's are that the shoulder strap hole can hardly fit the buckle. The pro's of the sparco are likely better quality, normal holes and at least previously been FIA certified.

I would have to sell my two seats and hardbar rails in turn. The price on the sparcos are $800 for the two with hardbar rails to I likely would be taking a lose of a few hundred.

Any opinions?

Thanks!
I did this swap years ago. I found the Sparco's to be MUCH more comfortable than the Corbeau's. It's a lot of money but at the time I thought it was worth it.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:26 AM
Matt_27
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If you go Sparco you should get a fiberglass seat, the steel frame ones are not comfortable and heavy. NRG makes cheaper fiberglass seats but no FIA cert. I think they would still be an overall safety improvement over the floppy Corbeaus.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:25 PM
johnny c
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

i switched from corbau clubmans, to FX1... to a sparco pro ADV.
the corbaus kept making my *** go numb after 20 min. after 45 min it really hurt. i love my ADV best seat I've ever owned.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:48 AM
V3tt3l
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jranaudo

Any opinions?

Thanks!
Hi!

If you decide to replace the corbeau's i'd be interested in one.

Get notified of new replies

To Worth swapping Corbeau FX1's for Sparcos?

Quick Reply: Worth swapping Corbeau FX1's for Sparcos?