Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Scr11
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Z06 Rotors

I just installed a new set of OEM iron rotors on my C7 Z06. The heat cracks were plentiful and nearly reaching the edge of the rotors. I'm going to enhance the brake duct cooling to try to improve the airflow, but I wonder if I should try another brand of rotor? I'm using Hawk 70's up front but also have a new pair of Cobalt pads sitting on the shelf that I will use next after a few more days at Road Atlanta.

Are there better (longer lasting) rotor options out there than stock right now?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I don't believe there are any aftermarket rotor only options. If you want to upgrade I'd look at the AP Racing kit.

As far as cooling is concerned the only kit I know of currently is the LG brake duct kit. I'll sell you my used one cheap if you want one.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:36 AM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Scr11
I just installed a new set of OEM iron rotors on my C7 Z06. The heat cracks were plentiful and nearly reaching the edge of the rotors. I'm going to enhance the brake duct cooling to try to improve the airflow, but I wonder if I should try another brand of rotor? I'm using Hawk 70's up front but also have a new pair of Cobalt pads sitting on the shelf that I will use next after a few more days at Road Atlanta.

Are there better (longer lasting) rotor options out there than stock right now?

Thanks!
In 3 to 4 weeks Girodisc will have rotors ready to ship. Someone is testing the prototype set for them now.
I was told DTC 70 have the most aggressive bite but also destroy rotors. Many recommend DS1.11. I am trying to get used to the DS1.11.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:03 AM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 362 Likes on 284 Posts

http://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-items...nt+Rotor+Rings

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...kes-front.html

Last edited by KNSBrakes; 06-17-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Ali_Z06
In 3 to 4 weeks Girodisc will have rotors ready to ship. Someone is testing the prototype set for them now.
I was told DTC 70 have the most aggressive bite but also destroy rotors. Many recommend DS1.11. I am trying to get used to the DS1.11.
That is true about the DTC70. You may want to consider using Carbotech XP20 front with XP12 in the rear.

The latest iteration of the highly successful XP™ series of compounds. XP20™ is a step up from the highly successful XP16™ compound. With an extremely aggressive initial bite, linear torque curve and excellent fade resistance the XP20™ is another major step in progression of the highly successful XP™ series line of compounds from Carbotech™. XP20™ has a temperature range of 275°F to 2000°F+ (135°C to 1093°C+). Carbotech™ XP20™ maintains our tradition of having the outstanding release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech™ compounds so successful. Carbotech™ XP20™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Another highly successful XP™ series compound with an excellent initial bite, torque and fade resistance over and above the XP10™ compound. XP12™ has temperature range of 250°F to 1850°F+ (121°C to 1010°C+). The XP12™ has that excellent Carbotech™ release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech™ compounds so successful. The XP12™ is more rotor aggressive than XP10™, but compared to the competition the XP12™ is still very rotor friendly. XP12™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 Rotors

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 Rotors