Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Giveaway - AMT Motorsport Front Upper Control Arm Stud Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default Free Giveaway - AMT Motorsport Front Upper Control Arm Stud Kit

Folks,

In an effort to get a little more buzz going about some of our new product offerings I'm going to start threads where AMT will give away a product to one absurdly lucky Corvette Forum member. All you need to do to enter the contest is post in this thread. Maybe you'd be so kind as to head to our Facebook and Instagram pages and give us a like and follow, but since I have no real way of tracking all that I won't require it. Winner will be picked at random November 7th.

AMT Motorsport Facebook Page

AMT Motorsport Instagram Page

Whether or not you actually have a need for this product or will use it on your car makes no difference to me. Use em', don't use em', sell them to someone who'll need them or put them under the Christmas Tree this year. What you do with them is up to you!

So, on to this weeks give away -

AMT Motorsport Front Upper Control Arm Stud Kit

AMT Motorsport is happy to announce the arrival of our next product - Front Upper Control Arm Studs for all C5 and C6 Corvettes

These studs replace the stock M10 bolts that attach the front upper control arm dogbones to the frame of the car. The kit includes 8 studs, nuts, washers, lockwashers, and Blue Loctite to set the studs in the frame of the car. All parts are grade 10.9 metric hardware and yellow chromate coated for corrosion resistance.

Pricing is not quite set after this give away promo but it will be something like $55 plus shipping or $45 if bought in conjunction with the soon to be released AMT Motorsport Camber Kit.

To place an order please e-mail Mark@amtmotorsport.com or PM me on Corvette Forum.

Benefits of using Studs

-Less wear and tear on frame of car
If you're using shims on your upper control arms to adjust camber, you're torquing and un-torquing your factory bolts eveytime you make an adjustment. This puts a lot of stress on the factory bolts (easy to replace) but more importantly the threads in the frame (not so easy to replace). By using permanently mounted studs there is no longer wear on the threaded frame inserts from constant use

-Much easier adjustment of camber shims
Biggest reason people run these studs is to be able to easily replace and adjust upper control arm shims for camber gain. Whether you're using the AMT Motorsport Camber Kit or anyone elses, upper shims are a popular way to adjust your camber. These studs make it a much easier process to manage.

-Do I Need This?
Realistically, only if you loosen or tighten your upper control arm bolts on some sort of regular basis. This kit doesn't make much sense for a bone stock car that never gets adjusted for camber for street and track settings. However if you are using any shims at all to adjust camber, then this kit makes sense for quick adjustment changes and less wear and tear on the car.

Please read below for more pictures and product details.

The studs are made from Grade 10.9 M10X1.5 metric bolts. These bolts are yellow chromate coated for corrosion resistance. We machine the bolt heads off in our Mazak CNC lathe and mill a 9/32 hex into the end of the stud for easy installation in the frame with a socket or box wrench. Blue Loctite is included with every kit. A few drops of Loctite should be applied onto the bottom 1/2'' of the stud and inserted into the frame. After 5 minutes the Loctite starts to harden and the rest of the install can be completed.

The studs themselves have 50mm of thread length, so they can be used with any dog bone thickness available (whether stock bushings, poly bushings, or thinner spherical bushing dog bones) and as many shims as are realistically needed.

All hardware is also 10.9 Grade yellow chromate coated. Nuts, lockwashers, and a heavy duty washer (not shown) are included to make installation secure on all sized dog bones.

As always thanks so much for looking and please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 11-02-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Posting in this thread!
Thanks for creating some good go fast parts for our old but still badass track cars!

Offseason is here, I'm ready for some upgrades
The following users liked this post:
Mark@AMT Motorsport (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Those are so pretty, it'd be a shame to hide them underneath the car.
Mark@AMT Motorsport (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Keeping track of names here to make my life easier.

1. Dan H
2. Scooter 70
3. el es tu
4. dhowdy
5. matt_27
6. Joshboody
7. Stevensa
8. Heavyzee
9. BigMonkey73
10. Whis9
11. Crznz06
12. Ludeaem
13. 383
14. Mordeth
15.chpmnsws6
16. phipps85
17. Rx7Rob
18. sg7025
19. BottleFed Vette
20. Alden
21. YYZ06
22. Froggy47
23. Rob Willis
24. dapopa9
25. Dirk Miller
26. miguel S
27. RevHard
28. 71Corv
29. zrtman1

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 11-07-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Dan H.
Posting in this thread!
Thanks for creating some good go fast parts for our old but still badass track cars!

Offseason is here, I'm ready for some upgrades
Thanks Dan! I'm actually sorta hoping we see a C5 track car explosion now that they're getting cheap enough to be dedicated track cars. Thinking it will become as ubiquitous as the E36 at track days, so there may be no better time than now to be developing new good stuff for this platform
Old 11-02-2016, 01:07 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Those studs look really nice! I cant wait to see the rest of your products roll out.

Mark@AMT Motorsport (11-04-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 01:15 PM
dhowdy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Posting. I liked your FB page, don't have an IG. I buggered the threads on one of the studs on my car recently so I actually do need them
Old 11-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Matt_27
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm in! Looking forward to the camber octagons release too...
Old 11-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Joshboody
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

awesome, I'm in!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:36 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Count me in! Already a fb follower, I don't use IG.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:14 PM
heavyzee
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

in - THX - allready spoke with you on FB a few times Z
Old 11-02-2016, 02:16 PM
BigMonkey73
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Pretty cool idea guys! I've had a mild track alignment once, and the tech mentioned he adjusted the shims...so this would be useful for me
Old 11-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Whis9
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Great idea, count me in!
Old 11-02-2016, 04:17 PM
crznZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Please include me, and help me get rid of the last four Pfadt pieces on my car. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
Folks,

In an effort to get a little more buzz going about some of our new product offerings I'm going to start threads where AMT will give away a product to one absurdly lucky Corvette Forum member. All you need to do to enter the contest is post in this thread. Maybe you'd be so kind as to head to our Facebook and Instagram pages and give us a like and follow, but since I have no real way of tracking all that I won't require it. Winner will be picked at random November 7th.

AMT Motorsport Facebook Page

AMT Motorsport Instagram Page

Whether or not you actually have a need for this product or will use it on your car makes no difference to me. Use em', don't use em', sell them to someone who'll need them or put them under the Christmas Tree this year. What you do with them is up to you!

So, on to this weeks give away -

AMT Motorsport Front Upper Control Arm Stud Kit

AMT Motorsport is happy to announce the arrival of our next product - Front Upper Control Arm Studs for all C5 and C6 Corvettes

These studs replace the stock M10 bolts that attach the front upper control arm dogbones to the frame of the car. The kit includes 8 studs, nuts, washers, lockwashers, and Blue Loctite to set the studs in the frame of the car. All parts are grade 10.9 metric hardware and yellow chromate coated for corrosion resistance.

Pricing is not quite set after this give away promo but it will be something like $55 plus shipping or $45 if bought in conjunction with the soon to be released AMT Motorsport Camber Kit.

To place an order please e-mail Mark@amtmotorsport.com or PM me on Corvette Forum.

Benefits of using Studs

-Less wear and tear on frame of car
If you're using shims on your upper control arms to adjust camber, you're torquing and un-torquing your factory bolts eveytime you make an adjustment. This puts a lot of stress on the factory bolts (easy to replace) but more importantly the threads in the frame (not so easy to replace). By using permanently mounted studs there is no longer wear on the threaded frame inserts from constant use

-Much easier adjustment of camber shims
Biggest reason people run these studs is to be able to easily replace and adjust upper control arm shims for camber gain. Whether you're using the AMT Motorsport Camber Kit or anyone elses, upper shims are a popular way to adjust your camber. These studs make it a much easier process to manage.

-Do I Need This?
Realistically, only if you loosen or tighten your upper control arm bolts on some sort of regular basis. This kit doesn't make much sense for a bone stock car that never gets adjusted for camber for street and track settings. However if you are using any shims at all to adjust camber, then this kit makes sense for quick adjustment changes and less wear and tear on the car.

Please read below for more pictures and product details.

The studs are made from Grade 10.9 M10X1.5 metric bolts. These bolts are yellow chromate coated for corrosion resistance. We machine the bolt heads off in our Mazak CNC lathe and mill a 9/32 hex into the end of the stud for easy installation in the frame with a socket or box wrench. Blue Loctite is included with every kit. A few drops of Loctite should be applied onto the bottom 1/2'' of the stud and inserted into the frame. After 5 minutes the Loctite starts to harden and the rest of the install can be completed.

The studs themselves have 50mm of thread length, so they can be used with any dog bone thickness available (whether stock bushings, poly bushings, or thinner spherical bushing dog bones) and as many shims as are realistically needed.

All hardware is also 10.9 Grade yellow chromate coated. Nuts, lockwashers, and a heavy duty washer (not shown) are included to make installation secure on all sized dog bones.

As always thanks so much for looking and please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
Old 11-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Ludeaem
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey why not. Always up for new product ideas that improve upon factory's short comings
Old 11-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

If I win ill pick them up with my C6Z and you can measure for some 2pc brake rotors
Old 11-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 383
If I win ill pick them up with my C6Z and you can measure for some 2pc brake rotors
Stop trying to sway the vote! I need to measure lots of stuff on your car!

Get notified of new replies

To Free Giveaway - AMT Motorsport Front Upper Control Arm Stud Kit

Old 11-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

In. I will end up buying them anyhow.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:11 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

In. My sets already on the way, but they'll be good to give to a customer when installing your hexentric bolt kit.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks great, nice work!!

Quick Reply: Free Giveaway - AMT Motorsport Front Upper Control Arm Stud Kit