Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need advise on which tires would be the best for my z06 (z07 upgrade).

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 05:25 PM
SidVicious
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need advise on which tires would be the best for my z06 (z07 upgrade).

I was running Nitto Nt01's on my last vette and was actually very happy with them compared to the stock/factory option run flats that it came with. Ive been an offroader dor 23 years and now Im getting into road racing. This is my second vette I bought a new stringray 9 months ago and absolutely fell in love with the car so I just traded it in and bought a new Z07. The stock tires are horrible and even at 80-100 when I get on it they completely break free even in a straight line. Im not interested in point and shoot I want a tire specifically for dry road course maximum grip. I am completely new to this forum and would greatly appreciate any help from you guys. Price is of no concern to me, safety takes precedence. I would like to point out that I am not looking for tires that are only good for a single weekend. More along the lines of something that I can get about 8-10k miles on with the absolute softest compound that I can only have to deal with once a year. I also do not care if they are dot approved. This vehicle will be used for as much daily driving as practical which usually ends up in a couple of high speed races a week when I run into others out and about that want to play.

Thank you so much for any feedback you guys can offer. I really need help with making an informed decision to limit the potential for learning the hard way at the expense of my wallet and possibly an accident.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:44 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by SidVicious
I was running Nitto Nt01's on my last vette and was actually very happy with them compared to the stock/factory option run flats that it came with. Ive been an offroader dor 23 years and now Im getting into road racing. This is my second vette I bought a new stringray 9 months ago and absolutely fell in love with the car so I just traded it in and bought a new Z07. The stock tires are horrible and even at 80-100 when I get on it they completely break free even in a straight line. Im not interested in point and shoot I want a tire specifically for dry road course maximum grip. I am completely new to this forum and would greatly appreciate any help from you guys. Price is of no concern to me, safety takes precedence. I would like to point out that I am not looking for tires that are only good for a single weekend. More along the lines of something that I can get about 8-10k miles on with the absolute softest compound that I can only have to deal with once a year. I also do not care if they are dot approved. This vehicle will be used for as much daily driving as practical which usually ends up in a couple of high speed races a week when I run into others out and about that want to play.

Thank you so much for any feedback you guys can offer. I really need help with making an informed decision to limit the potential for learning the hard way at the expense of my wallet and possibly an accident.
Are the current tires cup2 ?

And what driving mode are you using when you say at 80-100 the tires let loose ?

Quick Reply: I need advise on which tires would be the best for my z06 (z07 upgrade).