Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread - AMT Motorsport Camber Kit C5/C6

Old 11-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default Free GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread - AMT Motorsport Camber Kit C5/C6

Folks,

It's that time again. Another give away for one lucky Corvette Forum member, and this time the prize is greater - an AMT Motorsport Camber Kit for C5/C6 Corvettes (sorry - no C6Z or C7 at this time but we're working on it). I'll also throw in the Upper Control Arm Stud kit with this giveaway, so you get the whole kit and caboodle. Full retail for the above is $380.

Additionally, I've gotten lots of requests for this camber kit. I've told many of you that I would offer the first run of kits at a discount for CF members. So here is the announcement of that discount.

Retail price on the Camber Kit will be $335 plus s/h. In this thread only I'll reduce the price to $275 shipped. I'll also add the Upper Stud Kit for $45 if you'd like.

To enter the contest just post up in this thread. To enter the contest and get in on the pre-sale, make sure you use the word "PRE-SALE" somewhere in your post so I can set aside a kit for you. I'm not asking for money upfront just a commitment.

This thread will run until the production kits are ready to ship. Looks like the week after Thanksgiving at this point. I'll take as many pre-sales up to that point but limit at 20 total since that's all we made on this run!

Lastly, if I can get anything out this give away it would be to get some folks to sign up for the AMT Motorsport Blog. I'll cover the racing season as well as in depth product analysis. I don't bombard the thing but hopefully once a month will have something interesting to say. Just type your e-mail in on the right column, jump through some Captcha hoops, and voila.

http://blog.amtmotorsport.com/

So, on to this weeks give away -

AMT Motorsport Camber Kit for C5/C6 Corvette

AMT Motorsport Camber Kit for C5/C6 Corvette (steel frame only)

AMT Motorsport is proud to announce the arrival of our revolutionary camber kit for all steel frame C5 and C6 Corvettes. This kit allows adjustment of the lower control arms without having to switch out plates or even remove bolts from the control arms. To switch camber you simply loosen the bolts, rotate the plates one way or the other, re adjust toe and you're back on your way. This is especially beneficial for the rear of our cars since the upper control arms cannot be shimmed in the rear. The kit does include shims for the upper control arms if should you choose or prefer to set your camber and caster by way of shims.

The plates themselves are made from 6061-T6 aluminum. They are red anodized to protect against ugly oxidation, to look sexy, and to make the markings on the plates more legible. The markings indicate the amount of camber by way of a "volume" gauge for legibility under the car. "P" or "D" notes whether that plate goes on the passenger or driver side of the car and "Front" or "Back" indicates which way the plates should be facing when installed on the control arms. The two holes are marked "T" for track or "S" for street. The STREET hole has a focused adjustment in the -1 degree camber range with a max of about -1.5 degrees in the back and -2 degrees in the front. This hole will mostly be used by street cars who drive to the track on something like a 200 TW tire, adjust for the track, and adjust back to drive home. The TRACK hole allows for the maximum negative camber possible by pushing the control arm bolts all the way out for maximum negative camber. This hole will be used by race cars and track-mostly cars using R Comps, Hoosiers, or racing slicks. The adjustment range has a far larger spread than the "S" hole, but you can still set camber at street-sane levels for street driving as needed.

The plates are attached to the control arms with all grade 10.9 hardware and yellow chromate coated for corrosion resistance (bolt in picture is zinc plated, but production kits are yellow chromate). Bolts, washers, and lockwashers are included for strong and secure installation. The kit comes with 8, 1/32'' thick zinc plated shims and 16 1/16'' thick shims to adjust upper control arms as needed. 1/32'' shim removes camber by about .15-.2 degrees, 1/16'' shims are good for .3-.4 degrees.

Pros of the AMT Motorsport Camber Kit
-Easiest adjustment of lower control arms of any kit available
-Allows greater negative camber than factory eccentrics
-Octoganal shape locks into the cradle meaning the eccentrics can't slip and try to kill your *** like the factory units (see video below)
-Car will not go out of alignment from track use. Even if your stock eccentrics don't slip completely, they tend to move. This can change your alignment and destroy your tires and lap times.
-A must for racecars on sticky tires. I think your nuts if you're going fast on Hoosiers with factory eccentrics.

Cons
-Your alignment will cost more and your alignment guy might hate you. They're used to man handling the stock eccentrics with a quick twist of the wrench. These take time to get into place.
-These parts are precision made, but cars are not, so you may not be able to get your alignment perfect at all corners of the car. This is mostly a problem in the back as the front of the car can be fine tuned with shims. If you're OCD and it would kill you to have -2.5 on one side and -2.3 on the other, this kit may not be the solution to your alignment needs.
-Probably overkill for a street car on street tires. If you do 1 or 2 track days a year without sticky rubber, the stock eccentrics are fine. These would probably not be worth the hassle.

Video of stock eccentrics failing at Limerock Park

Thanks all for looking at the thread and playing along. Please contact me if you have any questions at all!

1. chpmnws6, PS
2. Dan H, PS
3. El Es Tu
4. Matt 27
5. Joshboody, PS
6. Brandon619, PS
7. Mordeth
8. Alden
9. Firebirdfan
10. Stevensa
11. DrikMiller
12. RevHard, PS
13. DHowdy
14. 54Fighting
15. Scooter70
16. 41Z06, PS w/studs
17. MountainBiker2
18. rmcmanus
19. Sperkins
20. HeavyZee
21. rxalot, PS
22. BEZ06
23. JBMaroon1
24. ibjamin, PS
25. baggerjohn
26. Suns_PSD
27. Trakout, PS
28. TheHeat
29. Phipp85
30. Froggy47
31. road pilot
32. JStan
33. zrtman1
34. rbl
35. Bossdog
36. Rob Willis
37. Voda1
38. Mugen1516

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 12-16-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:20 PM
chpmnsws6
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

1: chpmnsws6: PRE-SALE
The following users liked this post:
Mark@AMT Motorsport (11-21-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Giddy up!
Looking forward to winning this one!!!

In for the "PRE-SALE" if I don't win
Old 11-18-2016, 05:54 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

currently running the pfadt blocks but would love to try these out
Old 11-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Matt_27
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm in for the giveaway!
Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 PM
Joshboody
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

PRE-SALE... but feeling lucky!
Old 11-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

I'm in for the awesome "PRE-SALE"!

Last edited by Brandon619; 11-18-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Followed! Very interested in the C6Z kit once released.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:40 PM
Alden
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in.

Alden
Old 11-18-2016, 10:51 PM
firebirdfan
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

Interested. Let's see if I get lucky for the free set.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:02 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

In for the contest!!!
Old 11-18-2016, 11:43 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default pre-camber kit

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
Folks,

It's that time again. Another give away for one lucky Corvette Forum member, and this time the prize is greater - an AMT Motorsport Camber Kit for C5/C6 Corvettes (sorry - no C6Z or C7 at this time but we're working on it). I'll also throw in the Upper Control Arm Stud kit with this giveaway, so you get the whole kit and caboodle. Full retail for the above is $380.

Additionally, I've gotten lots of requests for this camber kit. I've told many of you that I would offer the first run of kits at a discount for CF members. So here is the announcement of that discount.

Retail price on the Camber Kit will be $335 plus s/h. In this thread only I'll reduce the price to $275 shipped. I'll also add the Upper Stud Kit for $45 if you'd like.

To enter the contest just post up in this thread. To enter the contest and get in on the pre-sale, make sure you use the word "PRE-SALE" somewhere in your post so I can set aside a kit for you. I'm not asking for money upfront just a commitment.

This thread will run until the production kits are ready to ship. Looks like the week after Thanksgiving at this point. I'll take as many pre-sales up to that point but limit at 20 total since that's all we made on this run!

Lastly, if I can get anything out this give away it would be to get some folks to sign up for the AMT Motorsport Blog. I'll cover the racing season as well as in depth product analysis. I don't bombard the thing but hopefully once a month will have something interesting to say. Just type your e-mail in on the right column, jump through some Captcha hoops, and voila.

http://blog.amtmotorsport.com/

So, on to this weeks give away -

AMT Motorsport Camber Kit for C5/C6 Corvette

AMT Motorsport Camber Kit for C5/C6 Corvette (steel frame only)

AMT Motorsport is proud to announce the arrival of our revolutionary camber kit for all steel frame C5 and C6 Corvettes. This kit allows adjustment of the lower control arms without having to switch out plates or even remove bolts from the control arms. To switch camber you simply loosen the bolts, rotate the plates one way or the other, re adjust toe and you're back on your way. This is especially beneficial for the rear of our cars since the upper control arms cannot be shimmed in the rear. The kit does include shims for the upper control arms if should you choose or prefer to set your camber and caster by way of shims.

The plates themselves are made from 6061-T6 aluminum. They are red anodized to protect against ugly oxidation, to look sexy, and to make the markings on the plates more legible. The markings indicate the amount of camber by way of a "volume" gauge for legibility under the car. "P" or "D" notes whether that plate goes on the passenger or driver side of the car and "Front" or "Back" indicates which way the plates should be facing when installed on the control arms. The two holes are marked "T" for track or "S" for street. The STREET hole has a focused adjustment in the -1 degree camber range with a max of about -1.5 degrees in the back and -2 degrees in the front. This hole will mostly be used by street cars who drive to the track on something like a 200 TW tire, adjust for the track, and adjust back to drive home. The TRACK hole allows for the maximum negative camber possible by pushing the control arm bolts all the way out for maximum negative camber. This hole will be used by race cars and track-mostly cars using R Comps, Hoosiers, or racing slicks. The adjustment range has a far larger spread than the "S" hole, but you can still set camber at street-sane levels for street driving as needed.

The plates are attached to the control arms with all grade 10.9 hardware and yellow chromate coated for corrosion resistance (bolt in picture is zinc plated, but production kits are yellow chromate). Bolts, washers, and lockwashers are included for strong and secure installation. The kit comes with 8, 1/32'' thick zinc plated shims and 16 1/16'' thick shims to adjust upper control arms as needed. 1/32'' shim removes camber by about .15-.2 degrees, 1/16'' shims are good for .3-.4 degrees.

Pros of the AMT Motorsport Camber Kit
-Easiest adjustment of lower control arms of any kit available
-Allows greater negative camber than factory eccentrics
-Octoganal shape locks into the cradle meaning the eccentrics can't slip and try to kill your *** like the factory units (see video below)
-Car will not go out of alignment from track use. Even if your stock eccentrics don't slip completely, they tend to move. This can change your alignment and destroy your tires and lap times.
-A must for racecars on sticky tires. I think your nuts if you're going fast on Hoosiers with factory eccentrics.

Cons
-Your alignment will cost more and your alignment guy might hate you. They're used to man handling the stock eccentrics with a quick twist of the wrench. These take time to get into place.
-These parts are precision made, but cars are not, so you may not be able to get your alignment perfect at all corners of the car. This is mostly a problem in the back as the front of the car can be fine tuned with shims. If you're OCD and it would kill you to have -2.5 on one side and -2.3 on the other, this kit may not be the solution to your alignment needs.
-Probably overkill for a street car on street tires. If you do 1 or 2 track days a year without sticky rubber, the stock eccentrics are fine. These would probably not be worth the hassle.

Video of stock eccentrics failing at Limerock Park
https://youtu.be/CJegqJHjvG8

Thanks all for looking at the thread and playing along. Please contact me if you have any questions at all!
Yup I'll want a camber kit and most likely a stud kit if I don't win.
dirk miller
Old 11-19-2016, 12:53 AM
REVHARD
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

lets see if I can win this one too!!!!!!!!

PRE-SALE
Old 11-19-2016, 02:01 AM
dhowdy
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

In again
Old 11-19-2016, 06:04 AM
54fighting
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

In again,thanks!
Old 11-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

These things are beautiful. Shame we have to hide them under the car.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:21 AM
41zo6
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In for the contest! On the fence for the pre-sale. I'm looking for the max camber the cradles will allow, not sure if i need the added adjustability.
Mark@AMT Motorsport (11-22-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Free GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread - AMT Motorsport Camber Kit C5/C6

Old 11-19-2016, 10:52 AM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

In for the contest! Thanks,
Old 11-19-2016, 11:37 AM
rmcmanus
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Feeling lucky!
Old 11-19-2016, 02:01 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Another benefit to this kit (other than all the obvious ones) is that caster adjustments are much easier with this type of design which will save folks a lot of money if paying an alignment guy by the hour. There's no other kit on the market that doesn't require the removal of at least one of the bolts to adjust caster.

Nice work Mark and AMT Motorsports!

Last edited by sperkins; 11-19-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Free GIVEAWAY/Pre-Sale Thread - AMT Motorsport Camber Kit C5/C6