Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Lapping at Toronto Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:07 AM
nsogiba
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 233 Posts
Default Open Lapping at Toronto Motorsports Park

Anyone semi-local to this track? I'm headed there tomorrow (4/14/17) afternoon to run some casual open laps and test out my new rotor/pad setup. Pretty laid back track.

https://torontomotorsportspark.com/e...lapping3-2017/
Old 04-14-2017, 12:50 AM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nsogiba
Anyone semi-local to this track? I'm headed there tomorrow (4/14/17) afternoon to run some casual open laps and test out my new rotor/pad setup. Pretty laid back track.

https://torontomotorsportspark.com/e...lapping3-2017/
Thats a real good price to get on that track , even for 5pm till 8pm .
it's more of a high speed track not a lot of real sharp turns , if you think its laid back , go faster especially through corner 2 and let me know what you think . It used to be one of the most dangerous tracks but they have added a lot of run off pavement to help save cars from parking on top of tire walls.
Have fun !

Paul
Old 04-14-2017, 01:02 AM
stuiephoto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LHZAWD
Thats a real good price to get on that track , even for 5pm till 8pm .
it's more of a high speed track not a lot of real sharp turns , if you think its laid back , go faster especially through corner 2 and let me know what you think . It used to be one of the most dangerous tracks but they have added a lot of run off pavement to help save cars from parking on top of tire walls.
Have fun !

Paul
Are you talking about the same track? Tmp is pretty tight imho and all of the runoff is grass. They haven't made any changes there since I started running 4 years ago.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:06 AM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Originally Posted by stuiephoto
Are you talking about the same track? Tmp is pretty tight imho and all of the runoff is grass. They haven't made any changes there since I started running 4 years ago.
just realized i though it said Mosport not the same at all .
I go down to Cuyuga often on week nights , its not bad for practice- check out Sasha anus 370 z video for some good track video from there
Old 04-14-2017, 01:11 AM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Originally Posted by LHZAWD
just realized i though it said Mosport not the same at all .
I go down to Cuyuga often on week nights , its not bad for practice- check out Sasha anus 370 z video for some good track video from there
I had my talon at a 1:17.2 for cscs events back in 2013 running against "voltron "subaru at 1;11
last fall i got this old carbed vette down to 1:19.00 on a cold evening so i still have a lot of practise to do
Have fun !
Old 04-17-2017, 01:41 PM
nsogiba
Drifting

Had a great time Friday. LOTS of guys from Toronto in upscale AMG/M cars, lots of tank slappers for them. Bit more traffic than I would have liked but a good experience nonetheless. Met a couple nice guys (E46M and 944T), always nice to meet fellow enthusiasts. I got a kick out of the newer 911 trying to out run me and going off into the grass.

I was able to try out my new brake combination (new Centric Rotors, Power Stop "Track Day" pads, Motul 600 fluid) and was very pleased with the performance. No more fade and overheating brakes. Traction is now the bigger issue. I ran a 1:28ish last year on junk street pads and boiling fluid, with the old gears. Still have to analyze my footage to see if my times improved.

Will be going back on a Friday sometime in the next month or so, will post up before I go.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 AM
nsogiba
Drifting

Hey guys, thinking about heading up to TMP on May 26th for their evening lapping session.

Get notified of new replies

To Open Lapping at Toronto Motorsports Park

Quick Reply: Open Lapping at Toronto Motorsports Park