Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody running dual Smartycams?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 10:45 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Anybody running dual Smartycams?

Is anyone running dual Smartycams with an Aim dash? I've looking for a place in Race Studio 3 to configure but can't seem to find a mechanism. I've got them set up on a Can bus expander and the primary (front facing) camera seems to be responding but the rear facing camera isn't.

Ultimately I'm looking for the ability to do picture in picture but I'm not sure that's possible in RS3.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:43 PM
tmtraylor
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
Is anyone running dual Smartycams with an Aim dash? I've looking for a place in Race Studio 3 to configure but can't seem to find a mechanism. I've got them set up on a Can bus expander and the primary (front facing) camera seems to be responding but the rear facing camera isn't.

Ultimately I'm looking for the ability to do picture in picture but I'm not sure that's possible in RS3.

Our Chumpcar has two cameras (front and rear facing). They both get the data feeds and display laptime, rpm, speed and etc., but I haven't seen a function to integrate the two video files within the AIM software.
The following users liked this post:
Hi Volts Z06 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

That's what I seem to be finding but that wouldn't be so horrible as long as the two cameras mimic each other. I imagine if you wanted to edit in trailing car video it would as easy as finding elapsed time since both should be synched.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:19 PM
tmtraylor
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
That's what I seem to be finding but that wouldn't be so horrible as long as the two cameras mimic each other. I imagine if you wanted to edit in trailing car video it would as easy as finding elapsed time since both should be synched.
I put together and publish the "gag/blooper/highlight reel" for our team to make fun of everybody and have been using free video software like Microsoft MovieMaker with the raw AIM video files. I just found the AIM RaceStudio software does keep track of the laps in it's video sections and makes it much easier to jump to a specific spot on the the other video file when I want to add in that camera's footage to the video. None of this is "seamless" ...or I'm ignorant...or both.

Last edited by tmtraylor; 04-18-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tmtraylor
I put together and publish the "gag/blooper/highlight reel" for our team to make fun of everybody and have been using free video software like Microsoft MovieMaker with the raw AIM video files. I just found the AIM RaceStudio software does keep track of the laps in it's video sections and makes it much easier to jump to a specific spot on the the other video file when I want to add in that camera's footage to the video. None of this is "seamless" ...or I'm ignorant...or both.
Sounds like I'll flounder around with it as well but as long as the data is there.... I think I can figure it out. Thanks again!
Old 04-18-2017, 05:02 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

If you still can't figure it out, you might want to ask over here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/data-acq...ng-and-de-233/

They are a number of high end users of AIM hardware on that forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody running dual Smartycams?

Quick Reply: Anybody running dual Smartycams?