Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 grand sport and Z06 Road Race cars. Are you using ABS??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 07:11 PM
John Pearson
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am just pulling the ABS fuse, brake bias is mechanical in the hydraulic system.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:48 PM
carefulnow
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by John Pearson
I am just pulling the ABS fuse, brake bias is mechanical in the hydraulic system.
Which year/model?
Old 06-25-2017, 01:57 AM
John Pearson
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

08z
Old 06-25-2017, 05:10 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
I suffered abs failure. I found out that absfixer eliminates the 'warming up' feature that pops up on the display sometimes. This 'self check' wears on the unit, if I understand correctly. In any case, my module no longer gives 'checking up or warming up' msg. I have been running the modded unit for 4 or 5 years now with good success.
Are you saying the the active handling warming up msg (c5z) also has to do with ABS?

I don't understand. I did not think abs needs any "warming up".

Not to argue, please explain.

Thought it had to do with steering position sensor.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:13 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
Are you saying the the active handling warming up msg (c5z) also has to do with ABS?

I don't understand. I did not think abs needs any "warming up".

Not to argue, please explain.

Thought it had to do with steering position sensor.
Froggy, it could be that they told me the self diagnostic mode was hard on the ABS module which may be different from the warm up. It has been a long time ago that I contacted them and had my module repaired. Perhaps Turn 1 may chime in and explain. In any case, something is modified to help with the survival of the module, IIRC. I have been at this stuff way too long and modified so much, changed so much, read so much and have forgotten or remember incorrectly so much that....(now what were we talking about?). Whatever it is, it certainly has been good. I have been been giving it a pretty good work out for several years.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:13 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernSon
Froggy, it could be that they told me the self diagnostic mode was hard on the ABS module which may be different from the warm up. It has been a long time ago that I contacted them and had my module repaired. Perhaps Turn 1 may chime in and explain. In any case, something is modified to help with the survival of the module, IIRC. I have been at this stuff way too long and modified so much, changed so much, read so much and have forgotten or remember incorrectly so much that....(now what were we talking about?). Whatever it is, it certainly has been good. I have been been giving it a pretty good work out for several years.
OK thanks, I always appreciate your posts.

Quick Reply: C6 grand sport and Z06 Road Race cars. Are you using ABS??