Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6Z Front Sway Bar Movement

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 11:55 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by blackozvet
thanks for your sarcastic and superior comments. yes I do know about corner weighting and re setting sway bar connections. david farmer makes a comment about corner weighting and you praise him, I make a comment about corner weighting and Im some idiot with Alzheimer's who's stumbled into the wrong thread.

racin time has an issue with sway bar movement - I have given him a simple solution. you can give him the more complex solution and he can make a decision which route he goes.
Sorry you took it so bad, mine is also a simple solution. Such are the dangers of "internet conversations" I guess.

Sorry.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Racin Time
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been several months ago that I solve the problem. Here's a picture showing the fix. This allows room for the collars with out having to modify the cradle.
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
pielet97 (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 10:10 PM
pielet97
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Racin Time
It's been several months ago that I solve the problem. Here's a picture showing the fix. This allows room for the collars with out having to modify the cradle.
Where did you buy the parts?

thanks
Old 03-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Racin Time
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The parts consist of a pair of split shaft collars that match the sway bar diameter. The rest is made from tubing that is welded to the collars and then cut in half to match the split collars. My bar had about 2" of straight area on the inside of mounting area which was enough area for the collars to clear the cradle. To protect the mounting bushings from the tubing that will be pushing against them, purchase a couple of machine washers that will fit the bar diameter loosely. Cut each washer one time and carefully spread the washer apart to slip it around the bar and bent it back to it's original shape.

Quick Reply: C6Z Front Sway Bar Movement