Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monoball Control Arm Bushing Kit from AMT Motorsport Now Available!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default Monoball Control Arm Bushing Kit from AMT Motorsport Now Available!

Now Available - C5/C6 Monoball Controll Arm Bushing Kit from AMT Motorpsort

AMT Motorsport is proud to introduce our Monoball Control Arm Bushing kit for C5 and C6 Corvettes (non-Z06/ZR1). This kit replaces the stock rubber bushings in all 16 locations of your control arms with precision-machined aluminum housings, stainless steel ears, and the best spherical bearings in the business - the Radial RWT-10.

If you're searching for the elusive "go-kart" handling characteristics for your race car, spherical bearings are perhaps the first suspension upgrade you should consider. The factory rubber bushings are extremely gushy in order to reduce noise, vibration, and harshness from a street car. They also cost almost nothing to produce and to install. Factory rubber bushings are more than adequate for 99% of cars that live their lives on the street. However they "numb" the driver from feeling the track. The soft rubber dulls every movement of the suspension and turn of the steering wheel. The rubber deteriorates over time and on a serious track car will start to extrude itself from the control arms. This will destroy your alignment and your tires in a matter of minutes on track.

Spherical bearings eliminate all of the shortcomings of rubber on a track-focused vehicle. The car will feel razor sharp on the track as the car will react immediately to your driving inputs. The car no longer has to wait for the stock rubber to compress while changing direction. Tires last longer and perform better with proper alignment settings since the camber value does not change due to deflection of rubber bushings. The trade off for all the increased performance of spherical bearings is of course cost and harshness. You will feel every surface imperfection in the track, which means you will feel every pothole and frost heave on the street. Good shocks will smooth out some harshness on the street, but this is not a modification we recommend for a street-only car. Some people love having spherical bearings on their commuter car, but it's not something that we at AMT would enjoy.

The price of this kit includes all service of your control arms. All you need to do is remove your control arms and send them to us. We'll press out all your rotten old bushings. We'll glass bead blast all the rubber, oil, grease, and grime from your control arms so they look brand new. We'll re-machine every bore in your factory control arms with our custom boring fixtures and boring heads, ensuring that your kit is installed with perfect accuracy. We machine our bearing housings from 6061-T6 aluminum. The ears are made from 303SS and the upper control arm trunions are made from hardened 17-4PH stainless steel. All of these parts are machined to within a .0005" tolerance to ensure that everything fits together perfectly and performs with rock solid precision. Price includes shipping back to your location. Turnaround time from the time we receive your control arms is about 2 weeks.

Lastly, we do what no other bushing manufacture dares to do - All machined parts are guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle. Bearings are guaranteed for 5 years for the original owner. If a bearing needs replacement within 5 years we'll happily send you a bearing and snap ring at no cost, or you can send the control arm back to us for free removal and installation. We stand behind what we sell and believe that by using the best components available that your bearings will have an extremely long service life.

Pricing for the kit is $2500. For a limited time we will include the return shipping back to your location.

Follow THIS LINK to order from our website.

If anyone has any questions at all please let me know and I'll answer all that I can. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 03-09-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Popular Reply

07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

I am on the road at the moment and can't type up a professional and factual comparison between the two kits. I will certainly do that tomorrow, and the purpose of that will not be to be to disparage anyone's product. There are many differences although perhaps not obvious.

Lou I have never had your Monoball parts in my possession so I can't quite fathom how you can call it a copy. I've never said that your parts are inferior or lack quality. We developed this kit 2 years ago, did our own design, made her own CAD files, and did our own testing. People have been putting bearings in control arms far longer than you have. There are only so many ways to attach those to the car. I do it my way and you do it your way.

Lou I admire the company you have built and can only hope to one day be as fractionally successful as you have been. If I could sell as many of these kits in a year as you probably do in a month I would be very happy indeed. But your response to a tiny company making a similar product to your own feels rather like Goliath going after David. There are lots of guys making the same parts as everybody else - no reason that anyone should have a monopoly on any of it.

As for our camber kits, we are in the process of filing for a patent application for that design. After paying for a patent search it appears that our intellectual property is indeed patentable. If there is some design element of your monoball kit that is indeed patented and you feel that I've ripped off, please let me know and we can work something else out. That said I expect someone to come up with a similar design to ours. Maybe a patent will protect me and maybe it won't. But I realize that competition makes the world go round and in the end there's nothing I can really do about that.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:46 AM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

What kind of camber is achievable with a monoball setup like this with your camber kit installed as well?
Old 07-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Should be an easy -3 in the front and -2.5 in the back. That's where I'm at and none of the camber plates are on T1. But again, those numbers are never gospel because it all depends on car setup. But you should at least expect to be in that range.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:50 AM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the quick response. Now time to get funds together.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by chetly
Thanks for the quick response. Now time to get funds together.
Funds are always my problem too. We'll be here when you need us!
Old 07-11-2017, 07:37 PM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

In for c6 z06 ones when they're ready.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:00 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Thats a really good price! Guys should jump on this. I have sphericals from a different vendor and love them - well worth the money.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

That is a beautiful looking kit.

Any truth to the rumors of seat rails from AMT?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Olitho
That is a beautiful looking kit.

Any truth to the rumors of seat rails from AMT?
Was making the final version today before I left Oli! I'll send you guys pics tomorrow but I think we're good to go.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:37 PM
carefulnow
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Any description on how these differ from LG's?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by carefulnow
I'll PM you on that one.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:37 PM
gunshp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will you ever make these for C3s? Lots of those cars racing vintage.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by gunshp
Will you ever make these for C3s? Lots of those cars racing vintage.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​No plans, sorry about that. I believe Dan at Van Steel has some nice delrin parts for the C3 crowd.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:48 PM
7007vette
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would you mind PMing me on how these differ from LG's? I would also like information on the seat mounting brackets.
Thanks
Old 07-18-2017, 02:00 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by 7007vette
Would you mind PMing me on how these differ from LG's? I would also like information on the seat mounting brackets.
Thanks
Looks like they don't differ at all

Often imitated never duplicated

I'm actually getting sick and tired of the people in this industry

You've been a member for one year?

which product will you copy next?

I will admit that the Puff Daddy (Pfadt) kit would rattle and need replacing in just a few track days, BUT NOT OURS!

Lou gigliotti
LG Motorsports
972-429-1963

Exploded View of LG Spherical bearing kit.

Prior to bearing assembly on LG Spherical bearing kit.

LG Spherical bearings carried our World Challenge cars to plenty of World Challenge victories!!

Sears point world challenge win photo

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-18-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:32 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by carefulnow

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
I'll PM you on that one.
Post it up, I would be interested in hearing it other than the Scotch bright finish for the picture.

LG

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-18-2017 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:05 AM
LG Motorsports

Just wonder how you would feel if we came up with a copy of your camber kit ??

????

Get notified of new replies

To Monoball Control Arm Bushing Kit from AMT Motorsport Now Available!

Old 07-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Lou.....grow the **** up. You are supposed to be a professional in the performance industry and yet you carry on like a child when someone tries to improve on an existing product.

Mark had the courtesy to not to say anything negative about you product in the forum but you still had to stomp your feet and pout. Many of us here are business owners and we ALL have to deal with competition. I've been in business for 23 years and don't have one adversarial relationship with a competitor. We fight it out like gentlemen until someone gets the job and then shake hands and wish best of luck before focusing our attention on the next one.
The following 3 users liked this post by Hi Volts Z06:
383 (07-24-2017), Olitho (07-18-2017), SouthernSon (07-19-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 10:31 AM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Well this just gave me a reason to never put an LG product on my car. EVER. Way to de-rail a thread by being a total *******.
The following users liked this post:
383 (07-24-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

I am on the road at the moment and can't type up a professional and factual comparison between the two kits. I will certainly do that tomorrow, and the purpose of that will not be to be to disparage anyone's product. There are many differences although perhaps not obvious.

Lou I have never had your Monoball parts in my possession so I can't quite fathom how you can call it a copy. I've never said that your parts are inferior or lack quality. We developed this kit 2 years ago, did our own design, made her own CAD files, and did our own testing. People have been putting bearings in control arms far longer than you have. There are only so many ways to attach those to the car. I do it my way and you do it your way.

Lou I admire the company you have built and can only hope to one day be as fractionally successful as you have been. If I could sell as many of these kits in a year as you probably do in a month I would be very happy indeed. But your response to a tiny company making a similar product to your own feels rather like Goliath going after David. There are lots of guys making the same parts as everybody else - no reason that anyone should have a monopoly on any of it.

As for our camber kits, we are in the process of filing for a patent application for that design. After paying for a patent search it appears that our intellectual property is indeed patentable. If there is some design element of your monoball kit that is indeed patented and you feel that I've ripped off, please let me know and we can work something else out. That said I expect someone to come up with a similar design to ours. Maybe a patent will protect me and maybe it won't. But I realize that competition makes the world go round and in the end there's nothing I can really do about that.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 07-18-2017 at 10:49 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Mark@AMT Motorsport:
383 (07-24-2017), 64drvr (07-18-2017), Bad_AX (07-18-2017), mountainbiker2 (07-18-2017), Olitho (07-18-2017), SouthernSon (07-19-2017), ygto1 (07-18-2017) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Monoball Control Arm Bushing Kit from AMT Motorsport Now Available!