Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pricing LG Monoballs-Install included

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 07:41 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default New pricing LG Monoballs-Install included

Hi folks,
I would first want to apologize for interloping in a thread about
Monoballs.

It was a bad week where one of my dealers bragged about copying another one of our long standing LG Parts.

But I digress.

New Pricing for our LG Motorsports Spherical bearing kits, INSTALLED in your A arms PLUS LG pays one way shipping. $1795. complete. C5, C6 and C7 kits available now and in stock.
]

Race proven winners, World Challenge, Optima Challenge winners, Virginia City Hill climb winner, Long Beach Winner, Daytona Winner (Paul Revere 250)----25 World challenge wins.

WE RACE YOU WIN!!!

We are in our New LG Motorsports facility at 704 E Houston st Anna Tx, just north of the Dallas Metroplex. 55,000 sf of new state of the art race/street performance shop.

Give us a call
Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
974-429-1963

Two LG Motorsports buildings. total 55,000 Sf. just north of Dallas.

LG New Installation center, with 2 Chassis dyno

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-18-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:31 AM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi folks,
I would first want to apologize for interloping in a thread about
Monoballs.

It was a bad week where one of my dealers bragged about copying another one of our long standing LG Parts.

But I digress.

New Pricing for our LG Motorsports Spherical bearing kits, INSTALLED in your A arms PLUS LG pays one way shipping. $1795. complete. C5, C6 and C7 kits available now and in stock.
]

Race proven winners, World Challenge, Optima Challenge winners, Virginia City Hill climb winner, Long Beach Winner, Daytona Winner (Paul Revere 250)----25 World challenge wins.

WE RACE YOU WIN!!!

We are in our New LG Motorsports facility at 704 E Houston st Anna Tx, just north of the Dallas Metroplex. 55,000 sf of new state of the art race/street performance shop.

Give us a call
Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
974-429-1963

Two LG Motorsports buildings. total 55,000 Sf. just north of Dallas.

LG New Installation center, with 2 Chassis dyno

Awesone deal. Looks I'll need to get the car on Jacks and send in my arms.
The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (07-21-2017)
Old 07-21-2017, 10:48 AM
LG Motorsports

Send them .

New address:
704 E. Houston st
Anna tx 75407
Old 07-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Mugen1516
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Just curious but how long is this new pricing good for? Was thinking about doing this as a winter project. New pricing is very attractive. Also what are your typical turn around times?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:03 PM
SunnydayDILYSI
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Lou - These are clearly better than poly or delrin for performance. But also wondering about life span. Do these tend to last a couple seasons?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:38 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Mugen1516
Just curious but how long is this new pricing good for? Was thinking about doing this as a winter project. New pricing is very attractive. Also what are your typical turn around times?
We can turn them around in a couple of days from when they arrive at LGM. this offer will be good for a while. We have worked on our Machine shop to lower their price to me and thus, us to you.

thanks
Lou G
Old 07-21-2017, 09:43 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by SunnydayDILYSI
Lou - These are clearly better than poly or delrin for performance. But also wondering about life span. Do these tend to last a couple seasons?
A couple of seasons is easy.

we have been using these for a long time now on our race cars and shop cars. We have always used really good Teflon Lined Bearings, 6061 T6 aluminum sleeves as well.

we have not had any issues with our monoballs but we stand behind these like all our products for as long as you own the car and don't crash it.
(it happens )

thanks
Lou gigliotti
LGM

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-21-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:20 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by SunnydayDILYSI
I've had the LG Mono ***** on my C6Z track (I mean street ) car for 4 years and not one single issue. I drive the car hard, use curbs to rotate the car and generally beat the hell out of the car. I have not failed one yet.

Compare that to way back when I ran the Pfadt poly kits and had to replace them at least once per season.

Name:  IMG_7760_zpsjuqh3gen.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  128.9 KB
LG Motorsports (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 11:58 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Hey Lou, I'm not clear from the description exactly which bushings are included. Put another way, which control arms do I need to ship you. I assume this is all 4 corners, correct? Is it upper and lower control arm bushings or just upper?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:07 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Hey Lou, I'm not clear from the description exactly which bushings are included. Put another way, which control arms do I need to ship you. I assume this is all 4 corners, correct? Is it upper and lower control arm bushings or just upper?
Hi and yes, you are correct, All 4 corners, upper and lower.

We will send them back complete and ready to install within 2 days from arrival.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

Old 07-29-2017, 01:08 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
I've had the LG Mono ***** on my C6Z track (I mean street ) car for 4 years and not one single issue. I drive the car hard, use curbs to rotate the car and generally beat the hell out of the car. I have not failed one yet.

Compare that to way back when I ran the Pfadt poly kits and had to replace them at least once per season.

Attachment 48118354
http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Rich...h3gen.jpg.html

Rich, That is the PERFECT amount of curb!!

Thanks for using LG Parts. You should be proud of your accomplishments.

Lou G

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 07-29-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:53 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

We will send them back complete and ready to install within 2 days from arrival.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

Thanks Lou. Is it worth doing just uppers and do you offer that as an option? C7 UCAs are pretty cheap ($86 each) and much easier to swap out than the lowers. I'm thinking about just ordering a new set to have the monoballs installed so I can put the car back to stock when I eventually sell.

I figure there must be a ton of bind based on how hard it is to get the stock dog bones rotated up to install the bolts.

Last edited by Poor-sha; 07-31-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:21 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Thanks Lou. Is it worth doing just uppers and do you offer that as an option? C7 UCAs are pretty cheap ($86 each) and much easier to swap out than the lowers. I'm thinking about just ordering a new set to have the monoballs installed so I can put the car back to stock when I eventually sell.

I figure there must be a ton of bind based on how hard it is to get the stock dog bones rotated up to install the bolts.
Yes, we can do the uppers with a new A arm.

As far as the handling help, it is the lowers that take all the load. Accelerating and braking, the majority of the loads are taken by the lower A arm. On the Dyno, we have video of the tire moving forward in the wheel well no less than 2 inches. If you choose to do EITHER upper or Lower then choose Lower.

thanks

Lou G
Poor-sha (08-11-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 12:11 AM
jtswenson
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Rich...h3gen.jpg.html

Rich, That is the PERFECT amount of curb!!

Thanks for using LG Parts. You should be proud of your accomplishments.

Lou G
If only I had some of that Rich W. money! I gotta make due with poly, no drop spindles, and a general jalopy of a car. Still comin' for ya Richy boy!

P.S. Lou, if you want to loan me some sweet LG parts I promise I'll make you proud. My car will be at SEMA again this year hopefully showing Rich the way!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:14 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by jtswenson
If only I had some of that Rich W. money! I gotta make due with poly, no drop spindles, and a general jalopy of a car. Still comin' for ya Richy boy!

P.S. Lou, if you want to loan me some sweet LG parts I promise I'll make you proud. My car will be at SEMA again this year hopefully showing Rich the way!
Jalopy, my ***

Lou, I will vouch for Jeremy being very fast and a helluva driver. If you gave him a great deal on stuff, I'm sure he would make you proud at these events. We just don't want him getting too fast and maybe we could wait until after SEMA Haha

Last edited by RichieRichZ06; 08-04-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:17 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06

Attachment 48118354
I'm glad I came across this thread. Was planning to upgrade to these once I park the car for the winter upgrades. I asked Paul Curley to ask Rich if he was running these if he talk to him at LS Fest East. Got my answer already. I'll confirm address to send to once I pull the a-arms. Thanks for making some fine products
Old 09-05-2017, 09:26 PM
TAlli
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the product so far but be warned on tolerance issues when installing. I've spent several weekends trying to get them to fit and I have only a couple arms done and while this may be do to me being a DIY mechinic, there are serious tolerance issues to fit depending on your application. I have a C5Z so YMMV but mine has been a headache. I'm sure, once done, will be phenomenal, but for the time being I've done it in my home garage with "slow" success.

Customer service has been excellent but fit has been below average. Not bad mouthing just giving real world experience for the novice/pro that installation has been terrible.

Get notified of new replies

To New pricing LG Monoballs-Install included

Old 09-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by TAlli
Love the product so far but be warned on tolerance issues when installing. I've spent several weekends trying to get them to fit and I have only a couple arms done and while this may be do to me being a DIY mechinic, there are serious tolerance issues to fit depending on your application. I have a C5Z so YMMV but mine has been a headache. I'm sure, once done, will be phenomenal, but for the time being I've done it in my home garage with "slow" success.

Customer service has been excellent but fit has been below average. Not bad mouthing just giving real world experience for the novice/pro that installation has been terrible.

This is the reason why we require you send your arms to us for our Monoball kit. We machine the housings to fit the control arms so all bearings and bushings are installed perfectly. We then confirm fitment with actual cradles at our shop before we send them back. We just finished a full set and sent them to a customer in Tennessee and he said they all went back in his car perfectly. I'm not disparaging either - just know that these parts are really hard to offer with a One Size Fits All approach. Costs a bit more but I think the hours you save over trying to DIY the whole thing is worth it.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 09-05-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:06 AM
TAlli
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
This is the reason why we require you send your arms to us for our Monoball kit. We machine the housings to fit the control arms so all bearings and bushings are installed perfectly. We then confirm fitment with actual cradles at our shop before we send them back. We just finished a full set and sent them to a customer in Tennessee and he said they all went back in his car perfectly. I'm not disparaging either - just know that these parts are really hard to offer with a One Size Fits All approach. Costs a bit more but I think the hours you save over trying to DIY the whole thing is worth it.
Not intending on creating a back and forth between vendors. Mine were sent to LG for fitment, its the spacers that have tolerance issues to the cradles.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by TAlli
Not intending on creating a back and forth between vendors. Mine were sent to LG for fitment, its the spacers that have tolerance issues to the cradles.
No problem. So the ears aren't fitting in the spaces in the cradle? How much are they missing by? What are you doing to make them fit? You can bend those tabs in the cradle with a jacking screw if they're missing a little bit, but I wouldn't go nuts with it. How's the fit on the front and rear uppers?

Quick Reply: New pricing LG Monoballs-Install included