Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now Available - Vulcan 2-piece Motor Mounts from AMT Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:31 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
Do you have to remove the engine cradle and redo your alignment and all that to get these in, or can you kind of cheating wiggle them in there?
If you buy the lower the ones is there any downside for Street use, does it mess up the alignment of your exhaust system or anything else? It would seem to me it would provide some handling benefits to lower that weight down.
You shouldn't have to lower the cradle to install the mounts. If you want to PM me your email I can send you the installation instructions. I would say in the worst case scenario if you have longtube headers they will likely need to be removed to install the mounts. Alternatively you could drop the cradle but then as you said you need to worry about your alignment if you're not running a camber kit. So our instructions have you jack up the motor to gain necessary clearance, rather than dropping the cradle.

Lowering the engine 3/8" of an inch won't screw up the alignment of the motor to the tranny and diff in back (yay torque tube). The lower the motor the lower CG and thats always a good thing. That said buy the lower mounts only if you're sure you have necessary clearance. Engine damper, leaf spring, and oil pan are the places you might have clearance issues. Honestly if it's a street car the lower mounts are overkill. I run the lower mounts on my car to make room for a FAST 102 intake manifold. I also have a dry sump and our race mounts are narrower to make room for dry sump lines. But again I would only recommend the lower mounts if you need them and you're aware of your clearances.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Bumping this thread to say we've just got another 25 sets or so back in stock. They're hot sellers! Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

https://amtmotorsport.com/products/c...n-motor-mounts
Old 03-09-2018, 12:04 PM
cseaman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

3 months after I bought them I finally got to have them installed in conjunction with headers and some other maintenance stuff last week. I REALLY, really like them. My car is a street car only, but the increased directness in the car is so great. There absolutely is increased NVH and significant vibration at idle and taking off from a stop, but that was expected. Would definitely recommend.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the feedback Chris. Glad you like them! If you'd be so kind as to leave that review in the website I'd really appreciate it.

https://amtmotorsport.com/collections/c5-corvette/products/corvette-vulcan-motor-mounts
Old 03-12-2018, 04:17 PM
MR Turco
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Installing these along with delrin bushings. Figured might as well dive in with higher NVH levels. Very excited to get these beauties in.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:58 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

as for the lower versions, i'm looking to run a 3/8" plenum spacer on my supercharger, so lower mounts would be required for necessary hood & windshield cowl clearance. how tight is it on the oil pan, suspension, headers, & balancer? i'm also looking at maybe running an 8rib accessory drive with a 10% OD crank.

Quick Reply: Now Available - Vulcan 2-piece Motor Mounts from AMT Motorsport