Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 02:03 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 369 Likes on 316 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

I was in T12 for the 1st COTA USGP and loved the seats. We were able to see the DRS passes set and much of the track into T15. We also lucked into top row seats. If I went back, I would pass on T15 for T12 seats.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:54 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,276 Likes on 794 Posts

You can see the shape of the old circuit, it was fabulous in the forest.

FP3 : rain
For Q, FIA said no additionnal intermediate and blue tyre (for the rain, green and blue) allowed. 60% tisk of rain for 3pm, Q.

very few actions on the track

Last edited by BKorsaire; 07-21-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:58 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

Qualif

Rumours send Ocon in Renault's bucket with agreement of Merco, He's a MB pilot. That has sense : the 2 enterprises are partners in the industrial world.

Q1
dry track now

Hamilton pushing is W09 on the track, trying to reach his box, incredible...coup de théâtre, he will start 14th, if no penalty for changing the gearbox, he is crying on the right front wheel, collapsed on his knees, du jamais vu. Lost of hydraulic

He is distraught

Hamilton was already ill this morning, he almost did participate in FP3. His engineer asked him not to keep pushing the W09 so as not to damage the gearbox. Hamilton took off on a vibrator, is that the cause of the hydraulic problem ? same issue, leak hydraulic, happened to Bottas on one track this year.

Q2
Session stopped, Ericsson carried gravels on the track
A new perf for Leclerc in Q3, but Mon Dieu, where is Mc ? Where is Ron ?

Q3
New track record V4.
I think since 2 weeks that V4 will be the next WDC, too much mistakes for MB

Last edited by BKorsaire; 07-21-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:31 AM
C6_Racer_X
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 321 Posts

So the car will start 14th at best. And for some reason, the car drove around for half a lap or more after the team told Louis to stop. If he damaged the gearbox or the engine driving without hydraulic pressure, it could push him further back with grid penalties.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:16 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Racer, why write in bold and insist on "the car" ? It's a set, right ?

The Mercedes engineers, who recovered the car, have just proved Hamilton right : the hydraulic failure occurred before T1 and is therefore not a consequence of the passage on the vibrators. Without power steering, he went further on the vibrators and his car bounced chaotically off the track. So far, it looks like the box hasn't been damaged.

The off track is a consequence not a cause but the lack of RELIABILITY becomes more and more serious for Mercedes and on the birthplace of the emblematic manufacturer Daimler, it's a shame for them : Doctor Zetsche and the Council shall have angry whiskers !

Other new important : Sergio Marchionne is very ill and is not recovering from shoulder surgery. This Saturday at FCA headquarters is held a succession meeting, Ferrari will of course be impacted. That makes the headlines here and especially in Italy !

Last edited by BKorsaire; 07-21-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:54 PM
C6_Racer_X
Safety Car

With Hamilton, if anything goes wrong, it's always "the car" or "the team" that let him down. I guess maybe this time it really was. But sometimes it's his own poor driving performance that results in his less than winning finish (cough Silverstone cough). Even then, he blames other people or other things (the car, the team, competitors).

Before you tell me he had an amazing drive from last place back to the podium at Silverstone, let me point out that Hamilton drove from the pole position to last place on the first lap. First and foremost, his driving at the start put him in last place. He started well ahead of Bottas who was in an identical car, on identical tires. If he had started as good as Bottas, and been as far ahead of Bottas at turn 3 as he was at the start, Raikonen couldn't have run into him. At worst, Raikonen would have hit Bottas instead, or Raikonen would have locked the brakes and slid wide at turn 3 and might have collected someone behind him.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:18 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by BKorsaire

Other new important : Sergio Marchionne is very ill and is not recovering from shoulder surgery. This Saturday at FCA headquarters is held a succession meeting, Ferrari will of course be impacted. That makes the headlines here and especially in Italy !
Salut Richard this is terrible news - I don't know if he's going to make it. I was trying to figure out why Arrivabene looked so glum today, now I know.
The following users liked this post:
BKorsaire (07-24-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 01:29 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,395 Likes on 748 Posts

He is distraught
I think it at least as likely he was trying his best not to throw up while on the world feed...

C6Rx,

Interesting thought on Silverstone: It's Hamilton's fault that he and Raikonnen came together at the start, but it would have been Raikonnen's fault if he'd run into Bottas instead...

Hmmm... I get you don't like the guy, but that's stretching it a bit.

Gonna be out of I-net touch for most of the next week; I'll check in when I can.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 07-21-2018, 02:17 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bcmarly
Salut Richard this is terrible news - I don't know if he's going to make it. I was trying to figure out why Arrivabene looked so glum today, now I know.
Salut Bobby, très heureux de te lire !*
It's official, Mike Manley CEO of Jeep, future CEO of FCA and for Ferrari it will be John Elkann, grandson of Gianni Agnelli. Bobby, do you know what's happening to McLaren? It's amazing, this down to hell.

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
...Gonna be out of I-net touch for most of the next week; I'll check in when I can.

Have a good one,
Mike
I wish you all the best Mike !
Old 07-22-2018, 01:13 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Old 07-22-2018, 02:15 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Sergio Marchionne is very ill and is not recovering from shoulder surgery.
I doubt he would be replaced because of something like that.
My guess is it's a much more serious health issue.
Originally Posted by C6_Racer_X
With Hamilton, if anything goes wrong, it's always "the car" or "the team" that let him down. I guess maybe this time it really was. But sometimes it's his own poor driving performance that results in his less than winning finish (cough Silverstone cough). Even then, he blames other people or other things (the car, the team, competitors).

Before you tell me he had an amazing drive from last place back to the podium at Silverstone, let me point out that Hamilton drove from the pole position to last place on the first lap. First and foremost, his driving at the start put him in last place. He started well ahead of Bottas who was in an identical car, on identical tires. If he had started as good as Bottas, and been as far ahead of Bottas at turn 3 as he was at the start, Raikonen couldn't have run into him. At worst, Raikonen would have hit Bottas instead, or Raikonen would have locked the brakes and slid wide at turn 3 and might have collected someone behind him.
LH has always had Prima Donna tendencies...

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
I think it at least as likely he was trying his best not to throw up while on the world feed...
I thought Martin Brundle said he was having problems with his back?
Gonna be out of I-net touch for most of the next week; I'll check in when I can.
Good...you're needed around here.

Salut Bobby, très heureux de te lire !*
*Bobby, do you know what's happening to McLaren?
McLaren's fortunes have been all over the map.
It all started with Ron Dennis' decision to break away from MB's powerunits.
Now it appears the F1's team spirit is in the toilet too.
The only direction left to the team is UP...it's really that bad (IMO).

The Good is they have a driver who is probably the best on the grid in getting the most out of the equipment.
Another positive is the company is making some GREAT street cars.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:32 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Like I said...a Prima Donna:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...at_Hockenheim/

And it gets worse:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...blasts_haters/

The mystery of Ferrari's power gains:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...stumps_rivals/

Geez, they make it sound like Sergio M. is dying:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...Sergios_state/
Old 07-22-2018, 07:09 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Toto Wolff confirms in Hockenheim that Esteban Ocon has chances to leave Force India, in the very uncertain future, for RSF1, Renault Sport F1 Team. Decision in 48 h.*

"Quid" of Carlos Sainz ? It could be loaned to McLaren or returned to Toro Rosso's bucket in place of Hartley. In the meantime...

OMG, new penalty for Gasly, STR/RBR/Honda have decided to change all the elements of Pierre's PU, he will be the real last on the grid after Ricci. I shall laugh well next year to see the manufacturers of drink ultra sweetened in can and promoting diabetes and obesity, drag the engine of Sakura, they better take a good dose of Sake right now.

Risk of storm and rain during the race 60 %, air temp 26 C/78 F

Hamilton in S for starting.Lost of power Ricci DNF. Blistering on the Féfé's, rain expected in 15 mn, it s 3pm58 now. Vettel, as usual, ''it's ridiculous'', want to pass Kimi by calling of the box on Kimi, lol, they said it to the poor Kimi...

Ham in U after 42 laps on S but the rubber were dead, can't expect the rain.

44 laps rain, hard.
VETTEL OUT SC lap 52. He is guilty himself, off track Ham ahead.

Winner #44, best lap 1 15 545, doublé (1 and 2). Points +18 +17 in championship. Incredible race, 2 coups de théâtre since saturday

Last edited by BKorsaire; 07-22-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Points +17 and no 18
Old 07-22-2018, 10:55 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

My opinion, Ferrari made a HUGE mistake in asking Kimi to let Seb pass who was crying, it was stupid, I hurt for the Finn. Kimi would have deprived the Silver Arrow of victory and perhaps pushed them to the fault. The man in the race is 44, the Master of the rain. Yesterday he cries, today he laughs. It shows real skill in the rain, it was U-shaped and the fastest during this raining period.

I think Herr Zetsche's whiskers are going up (I say the whiskers, nothing else ) but it's a terrible way for Ferrari to give an ultimate tribute to Signore Sergio Marchionne.

Kimi, it was a fight as in hell, the conditions were changing, and just after the race a huge rain ! I'm going to miss this man.

WDC Pilots

Hamilton is requested by stewards

Last edited by BKorsaire; 07-22-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:45 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

OFFIC

IAL : Hamilton is the winner of ''Grosser Preis von Deutschland'
just a reprimand.

Räikkönen complied when the Féfé staff asked him after Seb's tears to open the door, he asked that things be told to him clearly rather than with a cleverly disguised speech an obvious reality.

"We have some rules but it wasn't clear," Räikkönen justifies by returning to this famous radio conversation. Not very happy Raikko...

Last edited by BKorsaire; 07-22-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:58 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Seemed like another snoozer to me.
Not even the midfield could supply much interest today.
Rain would have really put some excitement into this one....oh well.
I dunno, maybe I'm beginning to lose interest in this sport...
Old 07-22-2018, 03:07 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Im sure Vettel is pushing this one

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/24...-investigation

Get notified of new replies

To F1 Chat Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 03:44 PM
C6_Racer_X
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ZO ZICK
Already settled.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...-investigation

Hamilton got a "reprimand".
Old 07-22-2018, 03:56 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

ZO ZICK, really no, V4 and Féfé were fair play. Whiting said that the investigation was not requested by the Scuderia but by the stewards and after the race to listen to the driver and staff because of the confusion at this time. Verbatim of Whiting. You can see in post #2113 the official FIA's document about this decision.

I think Ferrari had other problems this afternoon : talks with the drivers during the race, Raikko is not happy with the request of the staff, Seb is devastated by his accident and the boss Marchionne is very sick.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:47 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 735 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Seemed like another snoozer to me.
Not even the midfield could supply much interest today.
Rain would have really put some excitement into this one....oh well.
I dunno, maybe I'm beginning to lose interest in this sport...
I thought it was the best race of the season; so much drama; strategy; good and bad luck, and of course phenomenal driving. It was very exciting. The WDC is wide open again. You must be getting very jaded! lol

Bish