Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 05:07 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,267 Likes on 789 Posts

I think the sanction was not heavier for V4 because at the same time, there was no investigation against Lewis with 2 faults in the same lap, no complaint from Williams (Merco engine...) and strangely enough neither from Féfé, nope from the stewards : the FIA probably balanced the facts with a damaged balance ! lol

Coming back to F1 stricto sensu, I was again surprised by this devil LH#44, he still appeared in Q3 when everyone saw V4, Räikkö or Bottas, this guy is formidable in the exercise of the pole.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:52 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
How is the Vettel penalty an FIA issue? Everyone has known from the time the portable scales have been used that you don't drive on to or off of them, you have to be pushed with the engine off so as not to damage them. Vettel screwed up, again, and frankly should have received much more than a paltry fine and slap on the wrist.

The only reason why he didn't get a penalty is because of his battle with MB for the championship...which is EXACTLY why LH won't get one for his totally obvious dumbshit move with Sirotkin and Kimi (on the SAME lap!).
What a crock.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:01 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

Race on dry track, air temp 26 ° C , rain possible with 37 % risk. How will be the strategic challenge of Féfé in yellow vs the red ? The straight line of starting until the 1st curve is not so long, 335 m.

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-11-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:47 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Rain expected at the end of the race or after.

Alert leak oil for Ham V, yesterday oil smoke already

They have nothing left to lose, the Ham V and V4, so the fight mano a mano will be ferocious in Senna's S... I hope really, no quarter !

Mercedes AMG WDC Constructors.

Amazing race, the Soda hypercaloric had an incredible rythm, Ham V won with tyres in agony, 51 laps on the M white !

I didn't believe in Merco's strategy with the white tyres, it took a little (bad) luck, the one the WDC's have in the battle against the other competitors

Max interrupted his ITW to push Ocon, a little violent, images of the F1 of the 70's...not very pretty in front of the whole world. V4 totally anonymous, an again Leclerc...

What you have to know, Ham V has had an engine problem in the middle of the race. The team didn't think he'd make it to the end

Last edited by BKorsaire; 11-11-2018 at 02:34 PM. Reason: The crash pics, the dramatic turning point of the race
Old 11-11-2018, 03:36 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Wow, this is going to get the Conspiracy Crowd going: MB driver punts RB off the track in order to secure the Constructor's Championship.
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...ut_Verstappen/

REALLY, Lewis?
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/660168/Hamilton_defends_Ocon_over_Verstappen_cr ash/

A little levity after a race like this:

Last edited by sunsalem; 11-11-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:07 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

I though the same thing about this ''touchette''/small collision and the conspiracy...

and Ham V was dancing samba with the pretty petites ladies on the podium. Hope at Yas Marina, nothing to win apart the race, we will have a very hot race with wheel against wheel.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:27 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by BKorsaire
I though the same thing about this ''touchette''/small collision and the conspiracy...
WTF Ocon thought he was doing is beyond me.
I doubt very much if it was Hamilton or Bottas E.O. would have fought like that.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:44 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

...and Räikkö ! It's the difference between pilots who know the season is long and that the target is the WDC : patience and be careful...

the white tyre is really bs, we saw it on Merco and Féfe, V4 was anywhere, he did 2 pits. Finally, the choice to mount the white was not the good strategy by ''la rossa''. Another time, I say I'm very impressed by Charles Leclerc, hope he will not under destructive pressure immediately at Ferrari.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:45 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
WTF Ocon thought he was doing is beyond me.
I doubt very much if it was Hamilton or Bottas E.O. would have fought like that.
Agreed it was a dumb move on Ocon’s part, but Max knew he was there, why in the hell didn’t he give him room or the damn position? Max had it in the bag but he is still so immature that he can’t see the big picture, so had to pinch Ocon even though Max had plenty of track open to him in the corner.

That NASCAR move in the pits is going to cost him; rightly so. Maybe a big grid penalty will knock some sense in to his young head.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:21 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

I agree. The talk between the 3 in the cool room
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqDY61FBaKn/

Light penalty for Crashtappen : 2 days of community service for the FIA
Old 11-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Ocon showed he was French after the race.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:04 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by BKorsaire
I'm very impressed by Charles Leclerc, hope he will not under destructive pressure immediately at Ferrari.
I too am very impressed with Leclerc.
For a rookie, he has made very few errors.

Can't wait to see what he can do next season.

Agreed it was a dumb move on Ocon’s part, but Max knew he was there, why in the hell didn’t he give him room or the damn position? Max had it in the bag but he is still so immature that he can’t see the big picture, so had to pinch Ocon even though Max had plenty of track open to him in the corner.
You have a good point.
OTOH, Max was half a car length ahead when they touched.
OTOH, there was no point in Ocon trying to unlap himself so late in the race.
OTOH, Max shouldn't have tried to race him.
OTOH....

Verstappen got away easy?
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6..._much_harsher/
Old 11-12-2018, 03:48 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

The emotion of this sudden turn of events lap 44 past, I watched several times the video, and it seems to me that Ocon is not 100% wrong, at the moment of the impact he has the 2 right tires beyond the kerb and Crashtappen has a boulevard on his left. Ham V summed it up well,''you had more to lose than him'' and that's why he's a multi WDC. The lap 44 fight (here...Ham V's number) is only the continuation of a series of track fights between Ocon and Crastappen in F3, so it's not the first time between them.

Among the Crashtappens, they are used to the punch, his father in particular ...a family story...not pretty...

I don't want to see this kind of behaviour in F1 worthy of the 70s where drivers used to get on their faces behind caravans. I just want some track fights and suspense.

Ham V received the instruction from his engineer ''Bonno'' to lower the power for reliability, there was a problem. V4 also had a problem due to a sensor that made the SF71 H very difficult to control.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:48 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,386 Likes on 742 Posts

It was almost like Max's pits didn't tell him that Ocon was coming, and it surprised him. Not saying that was the case, but if they DID tell him and he STILL responded how he did....

Mercedes certainly ran the race they needed to race (win the constructor's title); just kept Ferrari behind them (or at least split).

On to Abu Dhabi!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

The problem encountered the Hamilton engine is now known : from the 28/71laps, the exhaust begins to broke, there was an engine overheating, Ham V was asked to lower the power significantly in order to contain the heat but even at 980°C the heat was still too high, the team did not think they could rally the checkered flag. Ham was obliged to do more cost and lift, to accelerate gradually, that's why it was impossible for him to avoid the Crashtappen come back
The following users liked this post:
VetteDrmr (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 732 Likes on 542 Posts

That NASCAR move in the pits is going to cost him; rightly so. Maybe a big grid penalty will knock some sense in to his young head.
That sums it up pretty tidily.
And just when I was going to stop calling him 'Crashthappen'.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Didn't catch the post race WWF activity, but I can imagine. Was it sort of like a girl fight in junior high? Lots of scratching and hair pulling?
Old 11-12-2018, 12:49 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
It was almost like Max's pits didn't tell him that Ocon was coming, and it surprised him. Not saying that was the case, but if they DID tell him and he STILL responded how he did....
Whatever the case, I'm willing to bet Max will remember this lesson for a long time to come...

Get notified of new replies

To F1 Chat Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 01:13 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Ferrari reveals problem with SV's car:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...l_performance/
It seems like there has been a million and one problems with his car this year.
If ol' Sergio was still alive, no doubt heads would be rolling down the streets of Maranello.

Gasly ignores team orders:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...1_team_orders/
This isn't the first time Gasly has done this type of thing.
I suspect we will have a lot fireworks next year between the 2 RBs.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:15 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I dont think Ocon is going to Ferrari anytime soon ��
Old 11-12-2018, 01:18 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nowanker
That sums it up pretty tidily.
And just when I was going to stop calling him 'Crashthappen'.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Didn't catch the post race WWF activity, but I can imagine. Was it sort of like a girl fight in junior high? Lots of scratching and hair pulling?

James Allen's take on the Max vs. Ocon catfight:
https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2018/...meets-the-eye/

Last edited by sunsalem; 11-12-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Search this Thread