Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Old Today, 08:57 AM
BKorsaire
CF Senior Member

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

Yes, I'm surprised by this cement element on the edge of the circuit (Charlie, can you see it from up there?), it could have been more serious for Ricci.
Old Today, 09:03 AM
VetteDrmr
CF Senior Member

Two sharks are cruising along in the Med:

Shark #1: Hey, do you smell that?
Shark #2: Hmm, smells like blood. Not real fresh, but maybe tasty.

Shark #1: Hang on a minute; aren't we close to Maranello? I know that smell, it's F1!

Oops, sorry, I didn't mean "sharks", but Italian press reporters!

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...s_weak_Vettel/
Old Today, 09:21 AM
pjazz
CF Senior Member

I just would of liked to see Max killing himself trying to catch Hamilton. In addition to Leclerc sweating Vettel then being told to back off.
Old Today, 09:29 AM
BKorsaire
CF Senior Member

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

Yes, the Italian shark is ferocious because it is always hungry. Only the 1st race and we already feel the crisis smoldering in the Temple, Binotto and V4 are in the first line and even in the lines of this press without concession. They need to surge in less than 2 weeks , good luck
Old Today, 11:31 AM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by BKorsaire View Post
The point awarded to the best lap seems to me to be the major information of this 1st GP. The new regulations will undoubtedly bring a particular animation at the end of the race, a change in the behaviour of the pilots and teams.

Bottas showed the way, despite the reticence of a the Wolf who was making amends after the race for his pilot's disobedience. By pride, Bobo went looking for this point, 1st message to his detractors before the famous and not very elegant f*ck you heard on the radio for a Finn.

At Ferrari, we are looking at a rejection that will have to be reviewed, because the Merco team also had a point. The others, whether they express it or not, will come to it.

Tactically, this will require finishing the race with the most efficient tyres and, if possible, in the middle of a period of efficiency. It is therefore the whole strategy that must be reviewed since keeping a set of tires almost new and considering a stop at the end of the race while allowing yourself a clear lap will become a race in the race.
I don' think this Fast Lap point is going to last.
Sometime real soon drivers are going to throw their race away chasing this single point and then the team managers will pressure the FIA to remove it.
It's a nice idea on paper, but...

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr View Post

Also, that reminded me of Riccardo's day. #1: I can't believe FIA allowed that kind of ditch right up to the racing surface.

#2: I'm amazed that it didn't rip the entire right front corner off his car.

Have a good one,
Mike
I don't know how the FIA missed that...what a disappointment for DR at his home race!

Originally Posted by pjazz View Post
I just would of liked to see Max killing himself trying to catch Hamilton.
I think Max really was trying to get to Hamilton.
If there is ONE driver who will throw caution to the wind to make a pass, it's Max.
In addition to Leclerc sweating Vettel then being told to back off.
Leclerc's time at Ferrari will come; no sense in upsetting the mood at Maranello this early.
Old Today, 11:47 AM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Old Today, 01:06 PM
mattastick
CF Senior Member

I guess I'll eat my words about Vettel being on pole. Ferrari was nowhere to be found this weekend. The midfield battle is extremely tight, and will continue to be throughout the year, I'm sure. Overall, a pretty good race for Australia, where nobody is ever able to pass no matter the rules. One of my biggest take-aways was 7th-11th running within 5 seconds or whatever for an extended period of time. That shows the new aero rules are working pretty well. Keep in mind, nobody is ever able to pass at Albert Park, no matter what the rules are, so this is a huge improvement. In years past, the cars could run that close for 1-2 laps, then they'd fall way off as the tires were burnt up. Now they can do it for 20+ laps. That's a huge improvement. I can't help but thinking now the teams will have underestimated their cooling needs, now that the cars can run closer for longer, and all the teams have tightened up their packaging significantly. Hopefully we don't see tons of blown engines as the season progresses.

My fiance and I finished up the Netflix documentary on Saturday, about an hour before qualifying. We both really enjoyed it, and my fiance now has some very strong opinions on about half of the grid, which makes watching the races that much more fun for me. I think my favorite part was when Ricci announced he was moving to Renault, and they had Cyril and Christian sitting next to each other in the press conferences. Some people may have seen that before, but the background of it was hilarious. We both hope they're continuing to film for this season, as it would be awesome to watch a yearly version of this.
Old Today, 01:19 PM
sunsalem
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mattastick View Post
My fiance and I finished up the Netflix documentary on Saturday, about an hour before qualifying. We both really enjoyed it, and my fiance now has some very strong opinions on about half of the grid, which makes watching the races that much more fun for me. I think my favorite part was when Ricci announced he was moving to Renault, and they had Cyril and Christian sitting next to each other in the press conferences. Some people may have seen that before, but the background of it was hilarious. We both hope they're continuing to film for this season, as it would be awesome to watch a yearly version of this.
Glad you and yours enjoyed it.

Hopefully, we will get another season of the series, and maybe Ferrari & MB's participation?
Old Today, 01:24 PM
BKorsaire
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mattastick View Post
...That's a huge improvement. I can't help but thinking now the teams will have underestimated their cooling needs, now that the cars can run closer for longer, and all the teams have tightened up their packaging significantly. Hopefully we don't see tons of blown engines as the season progresses...
I confirm that Féfé has brought a larger engine hood to Melbourne and that if you read one of my previous posts, the Féfé staff asked V4 to switch to Strat Safe... we don't know exactly why because Féfé didn't communicate on this subject but why not a cooling issue or others, there are a lot of small problems at Féfé, we saw that in the Feb tests. Here also, set up problem, V4 said he didn't trust the car. Maybe it will be better in Bahrain, and the new diva is Italian...

Last edited by BKorsaire; Today at 01:45 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F1 Chat Thread

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: