Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:27 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Then we would be grinching about "why don't they build their OWN PUs?" "I'm so sick of Verstappen winning" ...
Good point.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:20 PM
mattastick
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't remember this getting posted. It's the tire choices for Australia. Renault with 10 sets of the softest tires, and Hulk only 1 set of the mediums (which would seem to be the race tire of choice). That seems not ideal, but who knows. Maybe they know something about their car on the C4 that we don't? RPFI and Williams with 8 sets of softest.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,268 Likes on 790 Posts

Williams has such a cash flow problem that it can't pay the ticket plane to Melbourne for Paddy Lowe !

OFFICIAL: Lowe is low, FIRED. "Paddy is taking a leave of absence from the business for personal reasons," Williams' statement said.

The press conference to announce the meeting led by Claire without Lowe was already significant, especially when she added that it will be necessary to find the responsibilities. This is a very bad time for a team in agony, Lowe after Rob Smedley, it smells like the end unless the billionaires ''Ruskofs'' and other Mazepin or Sirotkin or Latifi takes the opportunity to jump on the animal !
Another one that worries me a lot is Kubi....

Who's gonna want to go to Williams' house? Or rather who will be the next to leave ? Williams is so Low !

What about Claire ? She has nothing to blame herself for, she's the daughter of his father....
Old 03-07-2019, 02:53 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,268 Likes on 790 Posts

Le nightmare continues for ***** , juste one week before Melbourne, FIA informed Williams earlier this week that it would have to change the suspension of its FW42 if it wanted to compete in the first GP of the season. I note FIA words 'if it wanted to compete in the first GP...'' , Perhaps Williams doesn't want any more, ***** is tired, Lowe, Smedley, the designer...a lot of retirement.

And what is thinking Sir Franck ?...
Old 03-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 734 Likes on 544 Posts

Does Williams even have the cash to revise their suspension?
They might think about a 'Go Fund Me' page...
Although I think they've already been working that scam in Russia.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:31 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

It's the same ol' story: to compete in F1, you better have a bank with you.
The following users liked this post:
nickTsandman (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 04:20 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Old 03-07-2019, 08:50 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Its very bittersweet for me.

I hate Paddy with a passion bcause he is a lying douchebag..

however, I love Williams as a team and would love to see Claire removed from the team and sent into a forced retirement.

I truly hope they find the right sponsor/investor to come in and take over the team and steer it in the right direction.

Did I mention that Paddy Low is a self entitled ***** and hope he gets demoted to Formula E??

Last edited by D K; 03-07-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:00 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by D K
Its very bittersweet for me.

I hate Paddy with a passion bcause he is a lying douchebag..

however, I love Williams as a team and would love to see Claire removed from the team and sent into a forced retirement.

I truly hope they find the right sponsor/investor to come in and take over the team and steer it in the right direction.

Did I mention that Paddy Low is a self entitled ***** and hope he gets demoted to Formula E??
It's been my observation, EVERYONE in F1 lies.
Whenever big $$$ is involved in anything, liars and cheats come out of the woodwork.
It's the Way of the World (this year of our Lord, 2019).

Williams has been on death's door for a long time
It's kinda amazing it has lasted this long...
Old 03-08-2019, 11:29 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

FIA trying to make the sport better?

"The Council approved the launch of a series of tenders within the context of the ongoing development of the 2021 Technical Regulations," they read.

Just last month, the FIA invited tenders for a standard gearbox cassette which would be used by all teams from 2021 to 2024, and while no specifics are mentioned in the WMSC's brief statement it is clear that F1 is seeking to standardise more parts.

All this, of course, is part of the drive to reduce costs and level out the playing field, but, as some will argue, does standardisation compromises the very DNA of F1

"We need to close the differential between the cars in terms of overall performance," said the sport's technical boss, Ross Brawn at the official screening of the Netflix documentary of the 2018 season.

"We have divisions, one and two at the moment, and we need to stop that," he continued. "We need much closer gaps between the teams and cost control will be part of that. The regulations evolving will be part of that.

"We are moving a number of elements on the car which don't engage the fans," he said. "Technology should be exciting and fascinating for the fans. That's not things like a lighter fire extinguisher.

"Every team wants to build its own fire extinguisher because it thinks it can make it a bit lighter than someone else's," he continued. "No-one is interested in that. That's just a simple example, everyone should run the same fire extinguisher. But if you've got the money to put into the fire extinguisher, you can probably make one a bit lighter than someone else, and where the teams have the resources, and the money, and the budget, they can do those things.

"Then they get just a fraction of a second advantage here, and a fraction there, before you know it, they're a second ahead, and the competition is poor," he insisted, this from a man who pushed the envelope to its very limit - and then some - constantly treading that very fine line between the legal and the not so legal in his quest for that little bit extra pace and performance, that edge.

"So we have to have cars which are close to each other, and then, when they're close to each other we have to have them behave in a way that they can race each other.

"There is a massive difference already. With the current cars, once you are two car lengths behind you lose 50 per cent of performance.

"The car we have under development is a huge improvement on that, huge," he said of the work being carried out by his technical team.

"It's a commercial approach and a technical approach that will bring a better F1 and so we're doing both in parallel. Everyone would like to see it happening more quickly or more visibly, but when it's done it will be done correctly."
Old 03-08-2019, 11:48 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Haas isn't going to make the same mistake twice:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...asons_shocker/
Something so simple ended up costing the team millions last year.
I'll be pulling for them to give Renault and Alfa Romeo a battle for 4th this year.

More from Ross Brawn:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...m_must_change/
Completely agree....SOMETHING has to be done.

A dumb idea: a point for Fastest Lap:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...rule_for_2019/
I wonder how many crashes or other problems on-track this will cause...
Old 03-08-2019, 06:16 PM
D K
Pro

I think the point for fastest lap is a good idea.

I would also give 2 points for the fastest qualifier and one point for each of the practice sessions.

Why?

it would promote teams going all out more often.
When teams go all out - maybem ensues.

We want mayhem!
Old 03-09-2019, 12:53 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Mayhem = safety cars, yellow and red flags...none are good IMO.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:28 AM
D K
Pro

I dont know...

Brazil in the rain when Max was taking people tomschool...
Old 03-09-2019, 12:06 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Review of new Netflix F1 series:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...pture_Netflix/
I'll be starting this over the weekend.

Marko predicting at least 5 wins for RB this season:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6..._for_Red_Bull/
At least he has the talking part done....
Old 03-09-2019, 12:15 PM
D K
Pro

Originally Posted by sunsalem
At least he has the talking part done....
this is why I hate him.

He talks so much ****.
Everyrhing is sooooooo perfect right now. Honda is God and Renault are the devil. 🙄🙄

At least other tem bosses/principals are more likeable and not so pompous
Old 03-09-2019, 05:13 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Marko isn't known for being a sweetheart-of-a-guy...

Get notified of new replies

To F1 Chat Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:32 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Watched a couple episodes of the Netflix F1 series.

High quality dig into last season and the personalities.
The 4K and the audio is excellent.

Sadly, MB and Ferrari's absence in the making of this series is obvious.
It's good to know they aren't really interested in promoting the sport...just controlling it.
Liberty needs to get those peckerwoods in line with an ultimatum or simply write off the buyout as a bad investment and move on.
The worse that can happen is MB will become a powerunit supplier again.
And Ferrari can't leave F1 even if their management would like to...the Tifosi won't allow it.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:32 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
Haas isn't going to make the same mistake twice:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...asons_shocker/
Something so simple ended up costing the team millions last year.
I'll be pulling for them to give Renault and Alfa Romeo a battle for 4th this year.
Amazing quote in that article (paraphrased): "we'll practice 10-12 pit stops a day".

Are you kidding me? We stopped by Hendricks Motorsports 2 years ago, and they were practicing probably 12 pit stops per hour.

One more week!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 03-10-2019, 11:45 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Amazing quote in that article (paraphrased): "we'll practice 10-12 pit stops a day".
Yeah, that was a little bit of an eye-raiser.
Coincidentally, the first episode of the NF series focuses on what happened with that kerfuffle last season...including the phone call from Steiner to Haas afterwards.

Search this Thread