Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: AMT Motorsports Tow Hooks

Old 11-02-2017, 08:43 PM
brkntrxn
CF Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Review: AMT Motorsports Tow Hooks

(Mods, I hope this is ok to post. I am not affiliated with AMT nor paid for this review. My intent is to fully recommend a functional part made by a racer for other racers.)

AMT Motorsports Tow Hook Review:

I recently installed a set of custom-made tow hooks from AMT Motorsports. My needs were simple: dual attachment points from the rear of the car for towing and dyno'ing that do not require me to remove the rear diffuser. Mark accomplished this with a one-piece design made from 4340 steel that bolts (or welds) to the rear bumper beam of a C5 Corvette and fits through the OEM rear bumper cover without modification. They attach in the same holes as the OEM exhaust hangers. For my installation, I used Grade 8 bolts, lock washers, and nylon lock nuts and they performed flawlessly.

We recently towed almost 1500 miles round trip as well as a trip onto the dyno at the NASA East Coast Championships. The tow hooks still look perfect! On top of that, I did not have to remove my diffuser during the entire trip. A huge savings of time and effort.

Thank you for a quality product, AMT Motorsports!!! https://amtmotorsport.com/

-Kevin

Last edited by brkntrxn; 11-02-2017 at 08:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by brkntrxn:
fuggles (11-03-2017), [email protected] Motorsport (11-03-2017), Olitho (11-06-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 02:21 PM
fuggles
CF Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Sweet. I definitely need a set of those. Thanks for posting.
Good tow hooks for the C5 are surprisingly hard to find.
The following users liked this post:
Old 11-03-2017, 02:26 PM
[email protected] Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

Thanks for the shout out Kevin! Very glad they worked to plan.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by fuggles View Post
Sweet. I definitely need a set of those. Thanks for posting.
Good tow hooks for the C5 are surprisingly hard to find.
Send me a PM if you really want these things. I'll tell you right now these are way over kill but Kevin wanted overkill since he's using them for towing and for strapping to a dyno. Price is something like $400 each. I will be developing a billet aluminum version however which will be much more reasonably priced. It will also have an integrated camera mount feature, but this will be a tow hook just for towing your car off track if something bad happens, not for strapping down to your trailer.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Matt_27
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

In for an aluminum version. Do you think you'll do a front hook as well? I was about to get one from another company but if AMT is going to come out with one I will hold off!
Old 11-05-2017, 06:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Matt_27 View Post
In for an aluminum version. Do you think you'll do a front hook as well? I was about to get one from another company but if AMT is going to come out with one I will hold off!
Rear for sure because it's a relatively easy bolt on solution. I wish there was an easy way to get the front bumper off to install a front tow hook but I just don't think there is, and it's a chore on a street car with all the stock parts still in place up front. I'm gonna bring my car into the shop here shortly for the winter to start working on parts and a front tow hook will be one of those parts, but I wouldn't expect to have a front tow hook ready til spring. Rear tow hooks in hoping for Christmas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review: AMT Motorsports Tow Hooks

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: