Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canards

Old 02-06-2018, 05:22 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Canards

Looking for a set of Canards for a C6 Z06 2006. oliveiraej at comcast dot net
Old 02-06-2018, 06:20 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

http://rhrperf.com/
Old 02-06-2018, 11:22 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Canards

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport

thanks so much for the info. I like these but I'm looking for any other options. The nice thing is that this company is in NJ where I live. I'm trying to checking to see if they will let me visit them and check the fit.

Anyone else with other options???

The one's I used for my EXOX were Sweet looking and worked great at over 115mph. I do 179 at the NJMP Thunderbolt track front straight.

Thanks again 96CollectorSport
Old 02-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by VRedZ06
thanks so much for the info. I like these but I'm looking for any other options. The nice thing is that this company is in NJ where I live. I'm trying to checking to see if they will let me visit them and check the fit.

Anyone else with other options???

The one's I used for my EXOX were Sweet looking and worked great at over 115mph. I do 179 at the NJMP Thunderbolt track front straight.

Thanks again 96CollectorSport
Nother' vote for RHR. Just got my splitter from them and I'm afraid to put it on my car it looks so nice. Feel like I should make a coffee table out of it! Definitely worth the price for the amount of work that goes into it.

Edit: And how much freaking horsepower are you pushing to be doing 179mph at T Bolt!? Pretty sure than TA1 cars don't go that fast there!

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 02-10-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
Nother' vote for RHR. Just got my splitter from them and I'm afraid to put it on my car it looks so nice. Feel like I should make a coffee table out of it! Definitely worth the price for the amount of work that goes into it.

Edit: And how much freaking horsepower are you pushing to be doing 179mph at T Bolt!? Pretty sure than TA1 cars don't go that fast there!
I was going to say “wait until A.J. finds out you’re cheating on him” until I clicked the link...LOL.

Yeah....179 at T-Bolt..... but you know.... that’s on street tires...LOL.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:13 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Also just found fairclothcomposites.com. I spoke to Olaaf Rossi at RHR and I will be meeting with him soon. I like the low drag version, but I have to see them in person to see the fit and the overall performance.

Hey just checked my posts and my data from TB, sorry 169 on Street tires at the end of the front straight going into turn 1, the key if getting down to 75 to make the turn, I'm running 602RWHP with 589 torque. Mich PS2's. Had a NASA instructor in the car when we did that working on the exit of the S's and right turn exit before the straight. Really don't need more power just better driving.

I'll get to the 179 by the end of this year with out more RWHP there's more exit speed out of the last turn that I just can't get to.
Ernie O

Last edited by VRedZ06; 02-10-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Hey just check my posts and my data from TB, sorry 169 on Street tires at the end of the front straight going in turn 1, the key if getting down to 75 to make the turn, I'm running 602RWHP with 589 torque. Mich PS2's. Had a NASA instructor in the car when we did that working on the exit of the S's and right turn exit before the straight.
Neat. I'd love to see a video of that. What's your best laptime at T Bolt?

Btw here's a couole pics of the RHR splitter. Hopefully your can get a sense of the quality. As for canards they have both high and low downforce versions for the C6 and data published for both on their blog. Definitely worth a read for you.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 02-10-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:31 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Neat. I'd love to see a video of that. What's your best laptime at T Bolt?

Btw here's a couole pics of the RHR splitter. Hopefully your can get a sense of the quality. As for canards they have both high and low downforce versions for the C6 and data published for both on their blog. Definitely worth a read for you.

Sweet designed for speed and directional air to the brakes. Very nice!!!!. I will have to put my car on the lift and show you what I did on mine with the brake duct work and the rear diffuser.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Sweet designed for speed and directional air to the brakes. Very nice!!!!. I will have to put my car on the lift and show you what I did on mine with the brake duct work and the rear diffuser.
What you see there are actually tunnels for added downforce - nothing to do with brake cooling.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:25 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

AJ/Olaaf's (RHR) new canards should be ready soon. Low drag in a few weeks and high downforce hopefully within a month. I will try them immediately.

Also, I would love to see this 179 mph on the front straight at T-Bolt. Or even 169mph. Or 159mph. On street tires. Please post the vid.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:00 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mordeth
AJ/Olaaf's (RHR) new canards should be ready soon. Low drag in a few weeks and high downforce hopefully within a month. I will try them immediately.

Also, I would love to see this 179 mph on the front straight at T-Bolt. Or even 169mph. Or 159mph. On street tires. Please post the vid.
I’d like to see a picture of the NASA instructor’s underwear.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:52 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
I’d like to see a picture of the NASA instructor’s underwear.
He was OK with the drive in the passenger seat. My best time in 2012 was 1.40.089. He was my instructor for 2 years. We learned in 2011, the first time we went out after the car was modified, that all the electronic controls had to be off. When we were coming down the front straight we got a unexpected brake correction from the electronics at 153 mph that scared both of us. I thought we had taken all the nanny's off but we had not. We spent 1 hr just finding that out she runs and handles great. I'm hoping to get out to NJMP again this year. I'm a defense contractor and the last 3 years have been filled with extensive travel and have not had any time to do a weekend at NJMP. I'm in between jobs right now but hope to be working in a month or so. With 35 years of DOD Engineering and program management experience it shouldn't be hard to find something here in NJ.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,071 Likes on 643 Posts

Glad I came across this thread. Need a splitter like that!

169 is rolling on the front stretch! Must be flying under the bridge. Very nice!

I will be happy with 110 + through 3 no chicane, 125 + on the rumbles leading onto the front straight and somewhere in the 150's on the straight. I might have to change my own shorts.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Racingswh

169 is rolling on the front stretch! Must be flying under the bridge. Very nice!

I will be happy with 110 + through 3 no chicane, 125 + on the rumbles leading onto the front straight and somewhere in the 150's on the straight. I might have to change my own shorts.
The hardest past about running 1:40’s and doing 169 down the front stretch is trying to stay out of the of the Miatas that are running around 1:36.....
Old 02-11-2018, 06:47 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

The rumbles on the right leading onto the front straight was the key to the speed cumming on quick. I haven't been there in a while even as a spectator. The last time I ran seriously there was just after they modified the pit entrance and moved it further back toward the beginning of the straight, right after Pruett crashed there coming out of that turn.. Before his crash we had 3 club members crash there too. Back then if you got the exit on the apex wrong you just lost it and the entrance was right there, no way out of a bad crash. I'm sure you should be able to hit 160 and still be able to take off enough speed to make turn 1.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:56 PM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

The hardest past about running 1:40’s and doing 169 down the front stretch is trying to stay out of the of the Miatas that are running around 1:36.....
I was learning to drive, and was getting better and better, I had lots of brakes and acceleration just needed to work on not loosing speed in and out of the turns. The other problem was having time and enough money to get track time with good instructors. Hey for me 1.40 was great at that time. The car has done 2 cross country rallies for the Child rescue network and I drive it as much as I can just wish I had more money to do more track time. No matter how you look at it it's 500-600 for a whole weekend, and I drove the car to and from the track. Joe Cassella drove my car and ran 1.38's after 5 laps.

She has over 42K miles on her, I drive her not a collector.

Last edited by VRedZ06; 02-12-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

The rumbles on the right leading onto the front straight was the key to the speed cumming on quick.

I'm sure you should be able to hit 160 and still be able to take off enough speed to make turn 1.
Maybe but as you say the key is the entry. My car, well my Wife's car , should make similar power to your's. If I get what I call the "bridge turn" right in her car I might see that. It'll be close. I know I will be firmly in the 150's and nipping at 160.

Right now I am not quite 150 in my car but it's lame in 5th. Just doesn't accelerate and I am having to go into 5th halfway down the straight. On my quickest lap I saw 114 mph under the bridge, 120 mph on the rumbles, 147 on the straight and 74 mph at turn in into 1. That's in a car with decent aero and about 70-80 rwhp off of your car.

In her C6Z with the new gearing it should do 136 in 3rd and almost 170 mph in 4th. No more having to go to 5th there. 1 shift. 3-4 and carry it down the straight. Like I said it'll be very close. It should put down GT2 pole qualifying lap times but maybe not with me driving!!

If you ever need some instruction I am happy to help. I have a lap or two there. I am just outside Philadelphia.

Last edited by Racingswh; 02-11-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Canards

Old 02-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Right now I am not quite 150 in my car but it's lame in 5th. Just doesn't accelerate and I am having to go into 5th halfway down the straight. On my quickest lap I saw 114 mph under the bridge, 120 mph on the rumbles, 147 on the straight and 74 mph at turn in into 1. That's in a car with decent aero and about 70-80 rwhp off of your car. .
Assuming the rest of the lap was good the speeds you describe above should correlate to a lap time around a 1:26-1:27
The following users liked this post:
Racingswh (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 08:27 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Assuming the rest of the lap was good the speeds you describe above should correlate to a lap time around a 1:26-1:27
1:25.883 with two wet spots in critical areas. I expect to see 1:23's in this car and my Wife's car to smash mine.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:03 AM
VRedZ06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Maybe but as you say the key is the entry. My car, well my Wife's car , should make similar power to your's. If I get what I call the "bridge turn" right in her car I might see that. It'll be close. I know I will be firmly in the 150's and nipping at 160.

Right now I am not quite 150 in my car but it's lame in 5th. Just doesn't accelerate and I am having to go into 5th halfway down the straight. On my quickest lap I saw 114 mph under the bridge, 120 mph on the rumbles, 147 on the straight and 74 mph at turn in into 1. That's in a car with decent aero and about 70-80 rwhp off of your car.

In her C6Z with the new gearing it should do 136 in 3rd and almost 170 mph in 4th. No more having to go to 5th there. 1 shift. 3-4 and carry it down the straight. Like I said it'll be very close. It should put down GT2 pole qualifying lap times but maybe not with me driving!!

If you ever need some instruction I am happy to help. I have a lap or two there. I am just outside Philadelphia.

Thanks for the invitation for instructor time. I appreciate that.

As soon as I get back to work I'm putting a track fund together. I have a new DeWitts radiator with fans ready to put in and a duraflex 2nd edition hood to install. The hood can wait since I already have a pretty good hood with vents on each side but the radiator needs to be better and the dual core DeWitts is a great upgrade and should show 20 degrees less temps when I'm pushing her hard.
The following users liked this post:
Racingswh (02-12-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Canards