Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS engine Re-building

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 05:46 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Default LS engine Re-building

Who writes the best book on LS6 engine rebuilding? I'm looking for the important little things too. I'm looking to dispell or confirm rumors like is there really a benefit to the billet steel barbell over the GM plastic one? Is it really true 0.10" is the max overbore on the LS6? Or has anyone compiled a thread on LS rebuilding hacks?

Thanks,

Guys!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:07 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Ive used this site LSDIY and of course nerd out on LS1Tech. There are lots of very good articles there.

I also wondered about the design of the barbell - why didnt' they use O rings on both sides???

It would solve most issues I think.

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Who writes the best book on LS6 engine rebuilding? I'm looking for the important little things too. I'm looking to dispell or confirm rumors like is there really a benefit to the billet steel barbell over the GM plastic one? Is it really true 0.10" is the max overbore on the LS6? Or has anyone compiled a thread on LS rebuilding hacks?

Thanks,

Guys!
Old 02-19-2018, 10:24 PM
lbs90ZR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe not the best, but sa86 ls1 gives the .010 rule. It has good ifo about the best block LS1 years. Head casting numbers and performance parts for them. I ended up with ls3 because of the .010 thing. Motorworks, how to build and modify GM LS - series Engines by Will Handzel was good for any of them. It's talks about the later design barbell positioning the o ring farther in to alleviate the earlier leakage. I was not aware of a billet barbell.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:57 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Id like to know what the Katech guys ar doing about that

Get notified of new replies

To LS engine Re-building

Quick Reply: LS engine Re-building