Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new Nurburgring Chassis LG-#002 available

 
Old 04-05-2018, 09:38 AM
  #21  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Thanks you are not the first one to tell me a similar story. I was once told at a very tough track that I had never been at before, to not be disappointed if I didnít do well my first time there. And they said donít expect to be fast because the other more experienced drivers Had years on the track... etc.
that was right before I went out and qualified on the pole.
So, will I be perfect? No one is perfect. But I have thousands and thousands of race miles under my belt and this wonít be any different.
I will do my best and let you all critique my lap and tell me that if only I let Hanze or Franze drive my car it would have gone faster. So be it.
Stay tuned. - in 6 months we can all talk about it.

Lou Gigliotti.
LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM
  #22  
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Mcrider's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 4,129
Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts
Default

Lou

What are your hopes/expectations on lap times if the conditions are working for you?
Mcrider is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 09:50 AM
  #23  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Sub 7:00 minute. Is the goal.
LG Motorsports is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to LG Motorsports For This Useful Post:
K.I.T.T. (04-06-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 12:29 PM
  #24  
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Mcrider's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 4,129
Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts
Default

If you can run 7 or under, Chevrolet needs to turn the entire corvette racing enterprise over to you!
Mcrider is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mcrider For This Useful Post:
LG Motorsports (05-20-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 03:33 AM
  #25  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,847
Thanked 623 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports View Post
Thanks you are not the first one to tell me a similar story. I was once told at a very tough track that I had never been at before, to not be disappointed if I didnít do well my first time there. And they said donít expect to be fast because the other more experienced drivers Had years on the track... etc.
that was right before I went out and qualified on the pole.
So, will I be perfect? No one is perfect. But I have thousands and thousands of race miles under my belt and this wonít be any different.
I will do my best and let you all critique my lap and tell me that if only I let Hanze or Franze drive my car it would have gone faster. So be it.
Stay tuned. - in 6 months we can all talk about it.

Lou Gigliotti.

K.I.T.T. is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K.I.T.T. For This Useful Post:
LG Motorsports (04-06-2018), NSFW (05-15-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 04:59 PM
  #26  
Basil2000
CF Senior Member
 
Basil2000's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Location: pembroke ma
Posts: 691
Thanked 141 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports View Post
Thanks you are not the first one to tell me a similar story. I was once told at a very tough track that I had never been at before, to not be disappointed if I didnít do well my first time there. And they said donít expect to be fast because the other more experienced drivers Had years on the track... etc.
that was right before I went out and qualified on the pole.
So, will I be perfect? No one is perfect. But I have thousands and thousands of race miles under my belt and this wonít be any different.
I will do my best and let you all critique my lap and tell me that if only I let Hanze or Franze drive my car it would have gone faster. So be it.
Stay tuned. - in 6 months we can all talk about it.

Lou Gigliotti.
Great response Lou. This is why you are so successful. You donít listen to people tell you that you cant do something. I give this advice to my 2 teenage boys. Love this response and I would put my money on a sub 7min lap.
Basil2000 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Basil2000 For This Useful Post:
LG Motorsports (06-20-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 05:11 PM
  #27  
JordonMusser
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: Coppell TX
Posts: 540
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Lou- Make sure you get tons of simulator time. You know my experience and I agree with your sentiment on every track I have been to. I need 5-10 laps to have most circuit down to the last couple %, but not so much at Nurburgring. Most of the track (and the important sections) are blind/off camber and very, very fast. Plus the car will leave the ground several times (all 4) and if you don't know its coming you will likely not have the car pointed straight as not all the rises are in straights.

I would highly recommend hiring a top 'ring instructor. It is the only time in a LONG time I have hired somebody to sit in the right seat with me but having them give me "rally" type instructions (they knew who I was and knew what I was looking for) made me a full MINUTE faster. They would tell me what direction the blind corner was coming up, a rough idea of how fast it was going to be and anything I should know like "Cut the apex curb" or "jump in middle" etc.

Have fun, I did!!! Spa is awesome too, but just another closed course. Nothing like the RING!

Last edited by JordonMusser; 04-06-2018 at 05:11 PM.
JordonMusser is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to JordonMusser For This Useful Post:
LG Motorsports (04-08-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 04:08 AM
  #28  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,847
Thanked 623 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Lou, what's the tire plan out there? The Vipers were running shaved Kumhos and were basically using a set per lap (one out lap around, then one hot). If I recall correctly, the one time they pushed for another lap on a set is when it blew and put the guy on the barrier.

All said and done Lou, I am with ya....just go for it man. In the end, I wouldn't let some Franze drive my sh*t either...lol. I'm lookin forward to this one big time...wish my life didn't suck ***** at this stage or I'd come watch you go at it.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
Old 04-08-2018, 12:31 PM
  #29  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Originally Posted by JordonMusser View Post
Lou- Make sure you get tons of simulator time. You know my experience and I agree with your sentiment on every track I have been to. I need 5-10 laps to have most circuit down to the last couple %, but not so much at Nurburgring. Most of the track (and the important sections) are blind/off camber and very, very fast. Plus the car will leave the ground several times (all 4) and if you don't know its coming you will likely not have the car pointed straight as not all the rises are in straights.

I would highly recommend hiring a top 'ring instructor. It is the only time in a LONG time I have hired somebody to sit in the right seat with me but having them give me "rally" type instructions (they knew who I was and knew what I was looking for) made me a full MINUTE faster. They would tell me what direction the blind corner was coming up, a rough idea of how fast it was going to be and anything I should know like "Cut the apex curb" or "jump in middle" etc.

Have fun, I did!!! Spa is awesome too, but just another closed course. Nothing like the RING!

Thanks Jordan. I have 3 days scheduled with an experienced ring instructor. One in June and 2 in sept.

Lou g
LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 04-08-2018, 12:34 PM
  #30  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
Lou, what's the tire plan out there? The Vipers were running shaved Kumhos and were basically using a set per lap (one out lap around, then one hot). If I recall correctly, the one time they pushed for another lap on a set is when it blew and put the guy on the barrier.

All said and done Lou, I am with ya....just go for it man. In the end, I wouldn't let some Franze drive my sh*t either...lol. I'm lookin forward to this one big time...wish my life didn't suck ***** at this stage or I'd come watch you go at it.
We are running the same tires that the Porsche GT2RS ran, and the Other C7. Michelin pilot sport cup 2 tires.

Lou G
LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 04-08-2018, 01:39 PM
  #31  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,847
Thanked 623 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Any chance Michelin would throw you a sponsorship you think? You'll likely get a lot of visibility from this if you really promote it through Bridge to Gantry and some social media outlets. Maybe they can go out there with a support truck and keep the rubbers ready for you?

I'd imagine you're definitely gonna need some tire support of some sort to really have a go at a good number of laps. That or ship a ton of rims/tires, literally...lol.

I hope Rob and company have been able to really get a block of time versus just givin you 30minutes (i.e. maybe 2 good runs at it) and then done.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 12:36 AM
  #32  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
Any chance Michelin would throw you a sponsorship you think? You'll likely get a lot of visibility from this if you really promote it through Bridge to Gantry and some social media outlets. Maybe they can go out there with a support truck and keep the rubbers ready for you?

I'd imagine you're definitely gonna need some tire support of some sort to really have a go at a good number of laps. That or ship a ton of rims/tires, literally...lol.

I hope Rob and company have been able to really get a block of time versus just givin you 30minutes (i.e. maybe 2 good runs at it) and then done.
I am working on some time on my own after the track day event. We will see what is available after the 4:30 stopping time and at what price.

We got Michelin tires for the tuner challenge and they said we would get some for the Nurburgring event. BUT if Michelin won't come through, We are talking to other tire options for a DOT tire.

I would rather be on Michelin's but for some reason it does not seem to happen easily.

Yes, if we do what we think we will do, then Michelin should be on board or they will be very disappointed if we do really well.

StopTech is building us a Custom C7 Big Brake package. They are even naming it the "StopTech LG Ring Package"!! We will have 4 more set available once they are built. Available in a few weeks. Stay tuned!!

Lou G

We will see.
LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 05-15-2018, 01:03 AM
  #33  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,847
Thanked 623 Times in 351 Posts
Default

That's badass on the Stoptech kit. Definitely a dream scenario. I liked seeing Rob handed over the Corvette building duties to LG...his car is a disaster area...he needs some help for sure. Kudos to him for putting together the event and for you to get out there and take the cake.

I look forward to a full documentary of the #2 chassis build, your preparations and headed there, along with whatever the outcome...you could make a great dvd/digital download through LG about the story. I was a bit disappointed in the Viper presentation...should've and could've been so much more. Great marketing opportunity right there for sure, all funneled through the presentation.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to K.I.T.T. For This Useful Post:
LG Motorsports (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 AM
  #34  
IansInGarage
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2017
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 172
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Go get em Lou! Canít wait to see the beast yíall create peel the tarmac off the road. When I move up to dallas one of my first stops is gonna be by yíall facility.
IansInGarage is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:40 PM
  #35  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Originally Posted by IansInGarage View Post
Go get em Lou! Canít wait to see the beast yíall create peel the tarmac off the road. When I move up to dallas one of my first stops is gonna be by yíall facility.
This is what we built with our Race proven LG Motorsports parts and expertise.

LG Dual Intercooler package
LG Super Cool Radiator w Race fan
LG External oil cooler
LG G7X3B Cam
LG Solid Engine and transmission mounts
LG Super Pro 1 7/8Ē Headers
LG Carbon Fiber Racing seats
LG Super Shifter, M7 Shifter
LG complete suspension,
LG-Bilstein double adjustable Coil over,
LG Swaybars,
LG monoball suspension,
LG Drop Spindles
LG 4 Point Roll bar, chassis mounted
Bilstein double adjustable coil over shocks
*StopTech Custom Big Racing brakes
LG Carbon Brake Cooling ducts
Tilton/LG Exclusive 3 disc carbon clutch
PIRELLI TROFEO R TIRES
LG GR-7 Wheels
LG Aero package
LG Aero Louvered Hood
Front Splitter/Under tray with Venturi tunnels
LG Rear GT2 wing
Borla HP Mufflers

Thanks and See you at the races!!

Lou Gigliotti.
LG Motorsports
LG Motorsports Park

We can build anyone a complete car or supply ANY of the parts or modifications you see here. Give us a call. 972-429-1963



Last edited by LG Motorsports; 06-20-2018 at 05:09 AM.
LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:52 PM
  #36  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Originally Posted by Mcrider View Post
If you can run 7 or under, Chevrolet needs to turn the entire corvette racing enterprise over to you!
Agreed!
LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:34 AM
  #37  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Ok Guys, I got my first taste of the Ring. It is a great track. IF you take the best turns that you know, like - Mosport Turn 2, 4 and 5 plus Road America Kink plus the Laguna Cork Screw then put them all together and multiply by 10—- that is what you have in a single lap. Blind high speed flat out corners that require track knowledge.
I had a great support group helping me get track knowledge.
I had used a BMW from a company called Jaco’s And I do NOT recommend them at all. I opened the hood and thought I was in a junk yard looking at a used engine. The car has 90,000 miles on it. I had to call them to ask for them to put real tires on the car. It had some unknown street tire brand on it. They charged me another $200 extra to put some used Michelin tires on it. SO take Jaco’s off your list.
The best company there is APEX which was recommended to me after I made the deal with Jaco’s. I should have listened.
The owner of APEX is from Arizona! So I used their Spotless Clean BMW for another 2 laps with Misha on board pointing things out. Great Company Apex. Then when I was finished and the track day was over, Robert Mitchell the owner of APEX who had hundreds of laps under is belt, gave me a proper ride in a McLaren 675 LT with about the same power to weight as the corvette that I will be bringing so I could see what the 150 mile per hour flat out BLIND corners would feel like.

I also did a number of laps in a “Lead Follow” with a Corvette racer who had a prepped VW something or other with a twin turbo something or other that was around the same performance level as the BMW that I rented.
The goal of that lead follow was to show me the line and what parts were “Flat Out”. I told him that as long as I didn’t see his brake lights I would keep my foot to the floor and only brake when he did.
Flat out at 110 in a Clapped out BMW felt like 150 in the McLaren because the BMW was at its limit for sure.
All that was a great 20 lap intro to the track. Next time I will have the LG Nurburgring Chassis #002 with me for the next step.
In summary, with all due respect to this track, it is just another race track that is 4 X longer than a normal track. Which means it will take 4X as long to learn but I see it as a challenge but for sure one that can be mastered in 5 full days on track.

We will see. The track is Awesome and a real challenge but the hype was greater than the reality. The actual track is not easy. It will also be hard to knock the last few seconds off when actually on track in Anger. Hopefully the Car and I will be up to the task.
Note, it was dry all weekend then as I left the track the day after>>. IT was Raining!
We need the cooperation of the weather to get this done.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports

Jaco’s Junko!!






They didn’t even clean the crud off




Last edited by LG Motorsports; 06-20-2018 at 12:36 AM.
LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:49 AM
  #38  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Tire Update, We will be using Pirelli Trofeo R tires. Still a DOT tire. We are very pleased to be able to get these tires. The 345-30/20 is the hard one to get but Pirelli is working with us to make sure we have great tires.

Looking forward to test these tires soon.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti




LG Motorsports is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:01 AM
  #39  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,847
Thanked 623 Times in 351 Posts
Default

Sounds like the track was a breeze for you, no problem. Looks like nothing but good things to look forward to. Good stuff.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:06 AM
  #40  
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
LG Motorsports's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 8,329
Thanked 531 Times in 268 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default

Not a breeze for sure but very achievable

The next time Iím there will be with the Corvette and it will be time to dial my self in as well as our car

LG.
LG Motorsports is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new Nurburgring Chassis LG-#002 available


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: