Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMT Motorsports monoball sphericals C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:54 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default AMT Motorsports monoball sphericals C6Z06

Just finished installing a complete set of monoball sphericals for the upper and lower A arms front and rear. When I initially ordered these from AMT I had read some post of other manufacturers having fitment issues so I had a little concern that I might have same issue.

As I unpacked the a arms I could see the quality of the parts used making the sphericals. As I started installing the tolerances were very tight, which is what you want, and the lower and upper arms fit were perfect. It couldn't get any better. I couldn't believe how good they fit. If you are considering sphericals, you cannot go wrong with AMT Motorsports.
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
Olitho (03-11-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. We are getting ready to shoot a video of the whole manufacturing and install process. There is more that goes into making these things perfect than you might think. We are also going to be outfitting the Grassroots Motorsports project C5 with a set. Will be headed down to do their GRM Live show on April 4th, where we will be installing the control arms and talking about the product, should anyone be interested. Please let me know if I can be of service!

https://amtmotorsport.com/products/corvette-monoball-control-arm-bushings
Old 03-12-2018, 02:16 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Every product I've purchased from AMT is the same way. Quality and service is second to none.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:55 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Yep, i did a set and Wes very impressed with the quality of the parts. I would highly recommend AMT to anyone about to do this.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:06 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

cant wait to watch the grassroots show. I had planned on getting my control arms done, but, blown motor kinda takes the priority...
Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by chetly
cant wait to watch the grassroots show. I had planned on getting my control arms done, but, blown motor kinda takes the priority...
​​​​​​
We'll be here when you're ready!

Oooh and check out this control arm **** from a few weeks back. C6Z arms powerdocated red. Hmmmmmm.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:03 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

that would definitely help with keeping them clean...
Old 03-13-2018, 09:08 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Damn....I was thinking powder coating them clear but the colored versions look a lot better than I thought they would. Nice work!

I'm not sure anything would contrast well with Millenium yellow other than black. Black would look definitely look like a factory skunk works race project....all function, no frills.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:44 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

If I was going to do anything it would also be black. Then again mine is a racecar so I don't really care what my control arms look like.

In another news I just bought a complete set of C7 control arms to work up a monoball kit for all C7s. If anyone is interested let me know!
Old 03-14-2018, 06:28 AM
sccaGT1racer
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts

What are you using for a rear lower shock mount? id like to get rid of the rubber mounts.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:22 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Originally Posted by sccaGT1racer
What are you using for a rear lower shock mount? id like to get rid of the rubber mounts.
Delrin for lower shock mount on mine. Here are the control arms Mark did for my C6Z. Work of art and install was perfect and dead on. Zero issues.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:55 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by sccaGT1racer
As above, PTFE delrin with an aluminum sleeve. It's $140 extra for that setup, but for what it needs to do a monoball bushing would be overkill and it would cost $325.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:00 AM
Cha_Cha
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I was also very pleased with the quality of parts and services from AMT. Even more pleased about overall improvement in handling. Literally zero compliance which intimately connects you to the tires and racing surface, making for an extremely predictable platform.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Cha_Cha; 03-15-2018 at 12:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mark@AMT Motorsport (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 12:14 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Cha_Cha
I was also very pleased with the quality of parts and services from AMT. Even more pleased about overall improvement in handling. Literally zero compliance which intimately connects you to the tires and racing surface, making for an extremely predictable platform.
Thanks Chad! It's that predictability that I think makes the car so much easier to drive at the limit with sphericals, which will translate to lower lap times. When the car starts to oversteer or understeer you feel it immediately and it's just an easy correction to get back in shape, where as with rubber you have to wait for the bushings to compress before you feel anything and then your correction has to be that much bigger. It's really just like a big go kart when you go to sphericals. Best suspension mod I've done to my car for sure.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:20 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cha_Cha

Sorry to thread jack Mark. Are those the van steel JRi shock package you have or are those custom mounts? I'm looking at going coil over with my JRi's but to change em over it'd be almost as expensive as just buying complete new set.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:48 PM
Cha_Cha
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chetly
Sorry to thread jack Mark. Are those the van steel JRi shock package you have or are those custom mounts? I'm looking at going coil over with my JRi's but to change em over it'd be almost as expensive as just buying complete new set.
Van Steel sells the mounting hardware for JRi coil overs to work. If you have the bayonet shocks you will likely need a different shock setup that supports the spring hardware.

Last edited by Cha_Cha; 03-15-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To AMT Motorsports monoball sphericals C6Z06

Quick Reply: AMT Motorsports monoball sphericals C6Z06