Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise on rear pad selection after installing BBK

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 11:19 AM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default Advise on rear pad selection after installing BBK

Good morning all,
I installed the AP competition BBK on the front of my C5Z. I have Ferodo 1.11 pads installed on the front with the kit (6 piston if that matters). I have stock rear calipers and need to replace the pads before my next event. Before the BBK, I was using carbotech xp12front/10rear combination.

I know this AP kit and ferodo pad combo are common with folks on here. Looking for advise on where to start with the rear pad? My power and weight are stock.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:46 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan H.
Good morning all,
I installed the AP competition BBK on the front of my C5Z. I have Ferodo 1.11 pads installed on the front with the kit (6 piston if that matters). I have stock rear calipers and need to replace the pads before my next event. Before the BBK, I was using carbotech xp12front/10rear combination.

I know this AP kit and ferodo pad combo are common with folks on here. Looking for advise on where to start with the rear pad? My power and weight are stock.
For street or track usage??
I run Stoptech Sport (formerly street performance) pads on the street, and PFC 01 or Cobalt Friction XR2 on the track....still have to change pads for most tracks...if you are serious
Old 03-15-2018, 12:24 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Sorry, I forgot that detail
This is a track only car

I drive it maybe a dozen times a year on the street and half that time it's to go get a track inspection
Old 03-15-2018, 02:48 PM
TKOGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Several I know that run the DS1.11s up front use the DS2500s in the rear. Talk to Jeff Ritter. He can provide a good recommendation based on the tires you use.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:58 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan H.
Good morning all,

I would start with DS1.11 front and rear. If you decide you want a little more bite on the front, go to DSUNO in the front and leave the DS1.11 in the rear. We generally recommend starting with the same compound front and rear, and tweaking from there based on feel. After trying both the DS1.11 and DSUNO, most customers are more or less completely satisfied. There is a substantial difference between the feel of the two, and people tend to gravitate towards one or the other.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:45 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
I would start with DS1.11 front and rear. If you decide you want a little more bite on the front, go to DSUNO in the front and leave the DS1.11 in the rear. We generally recommend starting with the same compound front and rear, and tweaking from there based on feel. After trying both the DS1.11 and DSUNO, most customers are more or less completely satisfied. There is a substantial difference between the feel of the two, and people tend to gravitate towards one or the other.
Sorry but I have used the Ferodo DSUNO in the Front and DS1.11 in the rear with AP Racing BBK on a C5Z track only car and they are NO COMPARISON to PFC 01 all around. I used the Ferodo pads for 1 track day AND ONLY one track day. They are a good pad but the PFC 01 is a far better pad for stopping. I kept the Ferodo pads as a backup pair. Because the PFC 01 stops SO quickly it's a bit harder to drive and not over brake the car but to me that is a good problem to have. Just have to learn how deep you can go in brake zones. I catch most every car in brake zones.

PFC 01 for the Win!!

Last edited by C5Z06CE; 03-15-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Advise on rear pad selection after installing BBK

Quick Reply: Advise on rear pad selection after installing BBK