Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Will This Seat Fit In My Car?" thread

Old 04-22-2018, 05:36 PM
Deputy_Dangle
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: C5
Driver Seat: Recaro Pole Position NG
Driver Mount: Corbeau seat bracket/Recaro side mounts
Driver Sub Belt:
Passenger Seat: same as driverside
Passenger Mount:
Passenger Sub Belt:
Harness Bar or Cage: no
Interior?: full factory interior
Carpet?:
Stock Belts in car?: yes
Driver:
Notes/Pics: These seats fit shorter drivers very well, I amd 5’6” and the seat is the perfect height (shoulder wings or whatever you want to call them are perfectly placed). Although at a 36” waist the seat is a little snug, not uncomfortably tight, but snug for street cruisng.

Last edited by Deputy_Dangle; 04-22-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:17 PM
'12GS
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: C6
Driver Seat: Sparco Ergo II
Driver Mount: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount
Driver Sub Belt: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount
Passenger Seat: Sparco Evo II
Passenger Mount: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount
Passenger Sub Belt: AMT Ultralow Seat Mount
Harness Bar or Cage: Sharkbar Harness Bar
Interior?: Full Interior
Carpet?: Yes
Stock Belts in car?: Yes
Driver: 6'3" 38" waist
Notes/Pics: This seat is the absolute tallest seat you will fit in a C6. It is touching both the floor and the roof. It absolutely will not install in a C6Z or other fixed roof C6s. I had to remove the roof to be able to drop the mount onto the studs. Other than seat height, it fits perfectly in the car. About 1/4" clearance to the door panel, and no transmission tunnel issues, other than it being so tight to the tunnel that it is difficult to use the factory 3 point (required for state inspection, never actually used otherwise). I will try to get some pictures later. If I forget and someone comments to remind me, I will definitely upload them.

Also, I found a great solution for installing the 3 point into the C6 (and I'm sure the C5 and C7 as well if they use the same belt). As many of you may know, the seatbelt receiver that is attached to the stock seats has a bunch of crap attached to the side of it that would make it impossible to install next to a fixed back seat. I found that the receiver out of the back seat of '05-'14 Mustangs works perfect as a replacement and is much smaller and more convenient! It won't get rid of your airbag light, but it will help you pass inspection if needed.

Last edited by '12GS; 11-28-2018 at 01:53 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by '12GS:
BigMonkey73 (04-02-2019), Quickshift_C5 (05-14-2018), Shootnjunky (02-07-2021)
Old 05-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: 2001 C5 ZO6
Driver Seat: Sparco EVO II
Driver Mount: AMT Motorsport
Driver Sub Belt: AMY Motorsport
Passenger Seat: Sparco EVO II US
Passenger Mount: AMT Motorsport
Passenger Sub Belt: AMT Motorsport
Harness Bar or Cage: Brey-Krause
Interior?: Yes
Stock Belts in car?: No
Driver: 6ft, 185lbs, 33in waist
Notes/Pics: Had use 2 washers under the AMT brackets to clear the dip in the floor pan and get the mounting level of the brackets even with the floor. Used 1 extremely long stud on the rear outside for each seat so there was enough thread engagement with the BK stabilizer bar bracket added in to the stack. Had to cut the BK stabilizer bar bracket in 2 pieces and weld it back together so it would go OVER the AMT seat bracket (it normally goes down the dip in the floor pan to the OEM studs) since it wouldn't clear the AMT bracket if underneath. Drilled the BK stabilizer bar bracket wider to clear the larger seat studs. Removed carpet padding from behind carpet on trans tunnel. Cut 1/2"-3/4" off the inside corner of both seats so they would face forward better (driver side is still at a slight angle) when jammed against the trans tunnel. Staggered the AMT brackets when I mounted them to the seat and shimmed them so the fronts would get more square (the seats are narrower at the back, causing the brackets to splay wide in the front).

That's what was needed just to get the seats to fit in the car, mounted, and mostly facing straight forward. The belts, seat height/angle relative to the harness bar, etc were a whole different puzzle, which I don't think is part of the scope of this thread. I can go into that if anyone is interested or shoot me a PM.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 05-14-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:50 AM
SnakeaterZ28
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model:01 C5Z
Driver Seat: Sparco Evo II US
Driver Mount: AMT Ultralow
Driver Sub Belt: AMT Ultralow
Passenger Seat:Sparco Evo II US
Passenger Mount:Same
Passenger Sub Belt:Same
Harness Bar or Cage: Ridetech Harness Bar
Interior?:Full
Driver: 6'1, 200lbs 34inch waist
Notes/Pics: Originally had a Bray Kraus Harness bar, but when installing seats the bar sat too high. Very happy with the Ridetech harness bar. I also had to use their lap belt bracket on both seats. It was extremely tight getting the AMT mounts, Seats, stud extenders and lap belt bracket to align up. I think if I pulled the interior it would have been easier, but my car it proof you can do it and keep your full interior. With the Evo II's and Marks great Ultralow mount I have gained a good 3 inches of head room. I can put my helmet on and not have it touch the roof. As Borat would say.. "Great Sucess"
Attached Images    
Old 06-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Octagon8
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: C5 Zo6
Driver Seat: Sparco Alpha
Passenger Seat: Stock
Passenger Mount:
Passenger Sub Belt:
Harness Bar or Cage: Brey Kraus
Driver: 5'10" 40" waist
Notes/Pics:Pics to come and some minor changes to lap belt mounting and factory buckle.

I mounted the Sparco Alpha after getting the AMT seat mount. The install went smoothly with the AMt mounts proving plenty of adjustment for fore and aft with the main holes and slot on the floor rails as well as minor adjustment using the holes in the brackets. It also allows for adjusting rake/angle. The seat mount and hardware were top notch and super high quality fit and finish. The seat is supposed to be the new replacement for the Evo II US which I tried ordering through several companies and had a friend contact multiple distributors without success for one. The dimensions are very similar to the Evo II US in every area but it has a fraction smaller base and wider shoulder wings. It touches the center trans tunnel on the front edge and along the side until the lap belt area. In a non Zo6 it may be even tighter. The shoulder support wings are close to the door panel but not touching.

I used mounts that the previous owner used to mount the lap belt. It is 2 brackets that mount to the rear seat studs and then uses a locking chain link/carabiner like mount to mount lap belt ends to the link. I plan on mounting the lap belt ends directly to the seat rails as this should be a simpler,less complicated and stringer mounting method. It also won't rattle and frees up the rear mount studs making it easier to install the rear nuts.

So far I am very happy with the seat for fit,support and comfort but need more time to give a full endorsement. I am very happy with the AMT seat mount and the service I had with AMT and with US Race Gear where I bought the seat.

I forgot to mention I used a new GForce 5 point cam lock harness.

Last edited by Octagon8; 06-11-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Added pictures
The following users liked this post:
JLZ06TR (03-21-2019)
Old 07-19-2018, 06:41 AM
Tjohnso5
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoping to see a response for the Marrad seats on a C5 Z06. Anyone? http://marradind.com/
Old 07-27-2018, 04:47 PM
JRitt@essex
Supporting Vendor

Received 417 Likes on 271 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: 2005 Base C6
Driver Seat: Racetech RT4009WTHR (with optional 'stealth' logo)
Passenger Seat: Sparco Evo, not installed yet
Passenger Mount: Hardbar
Passenger Sub Belt:
Harness Bar or Cage: Custom roll bar
Driver: 6'4", 190 lbs., 32-33" waist

Notes/Pics: My car came with a Sparco Evo on the driver side that did not fit me at all. The shoulder wings severely interfered with my ability to shift, the harness strap openings were too low, etc. I went with an extra tall RaceTech RT4009WTHR, and I love it! It is one of the most comfortable race buckets I've ever sat in. I was going to go with Racetech's narrower THR variant of this seat, but Racetech's sales manager suggested getting the wide and tall version and just running the little side pads they offer. Those pads did the trick, and I fit super snug without much wiggle room. The seat really is about as big as you can squeeze into the car. As noted by others, I also took the roof off which made getting it in and out much easier. It just about touches the B Pillar trim pieces near the roof, and it just barely kisses the door panel when it closes. Contact is so slight, that it's not even leaving an impression in the door panel. On the inboard side it is right up against the tunnel, but no interference. I have it basically sitting on the floor on the back mount, with the front lifted for some thigh support. One of the really cool features of this seat is that it has four mounting holes on each side, two lower and two upper. That really increased the mounting flexibility and helped me achieve a comfortable driving position. Below are a couple of pics that show the difference in size between the Sparco and the RaceTech. For reference, I also took a pic of the Sparco label to show which exact model it is (because they have a bunch of variants and it is confusing!).

In this first pic you can see how much higher the shoulder wings and harness openings are on the Racetech. Both seats are mounted as low as possible in this pic for an apples-to-apples look. I later had to significantly adjust the mounting on the Racetech to suit me better.

Below you can see the large difference in side bolstering between the two seats. The RT bolsters hold my ribs much better, have more padding, and are far comfier for my particular body type.

Here's the label from the Sparco that is too small for me:

To get the Racetech in the car I had to run the AMT vertical mounts on the outside of the rails on both sides of the driver seat. Since the AMT mount has so many holes and looks like Swiss cheese, that made it possible to pull everything together! I was impressed by the quality of the billet pieces, all of the included hardware bits, the sub belt mount, etc. Mark does a great job on these. They are extremely versatile, very nicely made, and it's clear that a lot of thought went into the design.

Below you can see how the seat sits on the outboard side. After tearing racing buckets up during install on several previous car, I coated this one with a healthy dose of painter's tape to protect it while I wrangled it into the car over and over again while tweaking the position.

Here you can see how close the halo sits to the B Pillar. In my selected position, you can slide a piece of paper in and that's about it. Again though, it will depend on how much rake you have to the seat, how far back it is on the rails, etc.

Here you can see that it just barely kisses the door panel:

On the inboard side it also just kisses the tunnel, but isn't pressing hard on it.

A big thanks again to Mark for the beautiful seat mount and guidance. I'd also like to plug Apex Performance (where I bought the seat) and Racetech. They were a big help in selecting the proper seat to fit my needs, and they provided great communication and service. If anyone has questions on my setup you can feel free to PM me at any time. Thanks, and good luck with your seat shoehorning gents.
The following 3 users liked this post by JRitt@essex:
JDBlack7 (12-27-2020), NoMatter (05-24-2022), Shootnjunky (02-07-2021)
Old 07-29-2018, 10:52 AM
Mu$cle
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: C7 / 2015 / Z06
Driver Seat: OMP HTE-R 400
Driver Mount: AMT Motorsport Ultralow Seat Mount
Driver Sub Belt: AMT Motorsport Sub Belt Bar
Passenger Seat: Same as driver
Passenger Mount: Same as driver
Passenger Sub Belt: Same as driver
Harness Bar or Cage: Brey-Krause Harness Bar
Stock Belts in car?: No - when stock seat is removed, the receiver end of the belt goes with it.
Driver: 6'3", 220#, 34" waist, 35" inseam
Notes/Pics: If interior model has memory seats, you lose electronic mirror adjustment; however, they can be adjusted manually, if careful. With stock seats removed, the DIC will display "Service Airbag" until you dismiss the notice. Seat belt indicator will be on in the dash but no warning chimes. Since the stock shoulder belt can remain installed, though not used with the race seats, secure with a zip tie to keep the metal end attachment from banging around.

Special thanks to the following for helping me with this modification:
  • Fleming23 - Corvette Forum
  • Bill & Steve Dearborn - Corvette Forum & Track Rat Friend
  • Linda Powell & Chuck Hamerly - Apex Performance
  • Mark Petronis - AMT Motorsport

Last edited by Mu$cle; 08-15-2018 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added driver data.
fleming23 (07-30-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: C5 2002 Z06
Driver Seat: Sparco Evo II
Driver Mount: AMT
Driver Sub Belt: AMT
Passenger Seat: removed for now
Passenger Mount: na
Passenger Sub Belt: N/A
Harness Bar or Cage: Brey krause
Interior?: mostly
Carpet?: yes
Stock Belts in car?: no
Driver: 5’’9, 180 lbs , 34 inch waist
Notes/ pics

Old 08-14-2018, 09:45 PM
jloZ06
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: C7, 2017 Z06
Driver Seat: OMP HTE-R 400
Driver Mount: AMT
Driver Sub Belt: AMT
Passenger Seat: STOCK
Passenger Mount: STOCK
Passenger Sub Belt:STOCK
Harness Bar or Cage: RPM CAGE
Interior?:YES
Carpet?: CUT TO FIT AMT SUB BELT BAR
Stock Belts in car?: NO
Driver: 5'9 240
Notes/Pics: Amt Sub belt bar will NOT fit under race seat without being shimmed do to wire channel running up center of seat area. using 6 point harness. Im 5'9 and the extra padding of the omp seat lifts me to high in seat for proper use of harness, so can not use and sit flat on seat tub.

how many washers needed to shim sub bar up

Last edited by jloZ06; 08-14-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 AM
NoradIV
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Generation, Year, and Model: C5 2002 Z06
Driver Seat: OMP First-R
Driver Mount: Marrad Ultra Low Seat Mounting Bracket with sliders and side mounts
Driver Sub Belt: Stock seat belt retained
Passenger Seat: Stock
Passenger Mount: Stock
Passenger Sub Belt: Stock
Harness Bar or Cage: None
Driver: 6'2" with thick helmet. Helmet is about 1/4 inch of the headliner
Notes/Pics: 4 lb lighter than factory. Marrad brackets are about 20lb and the seat is 18 lb.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Marrad bracket is too wide for the seat, making the side mounts bend inwards and making the sliders not very happy.

Edit2: Also, the Marrad bracket is VERY strong. The powder coat is flawless. It looks like it was made in a small shop but the result is very professionnal. It also gave me just enough room to fit in the car with my helmet, where a sparco braket would have left me with no space. This combo makes you sit at least 2 inches lower than factory.

Edit3: After a year, I noticed that the seat is a bit too much on the right; the driving position isn't centered. While this isn't exactly uncomfortable, I found that the stock position placed my arms perfectly on the armrests, where now it's weird a bit. Also, the seat end up in the door pad leaving a small bump into it.

Last edited by NoradIV; 04-15-2021 at 12:33 PM.
hardyakka (07-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2018, 06:27 AM
Tjohnso5
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hadn't considered this OMP for a C5. Does it fit well in the car? Any obstructions or contact with the door or trans tunnel?
Old 08-16-2018, 07:29 AM
NoradIV
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjohnso5
Hadn't considered this OMP for a C5. Does it fit well in the car? Any obstructions or contact with the door or trans tunnel?
Not sure if this question is for me or for jloZ06.

The one I have fits very well, does not hit anything and allows a lot of leg room. With the factory seatbelt, it touches the center console a bit, but aside of that, it could be a stock seat.

However, being tall, I find it not very easy to get in and out of the car; I have to bend inward quite a lot, open the door entirely and I lift the steering completely (thank you GM for making it adjustable). I've had few strange stares when trying to extract myself out of the car, until they realize what seat was in there. However, once in, it is surprisingly comfortable; I've had no discomfort doing 3+hours roadtrips (factory suspension). Also, this seat appears to be made for shorter people, my backarm touches the shoulder support when shifting. Since I am sitting away from the console, it is more an annoyance than a problem, but I could see someone with shorter legs having a hard time shifting.

With this combo, I am actually sitting lower than I was with the factory seat. The Marrad kit is very well made, very sturdy, fit right in the factory holes with no hassle and really gives you the maximum amount of room.
Tjohnso5 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 08:17 AM
Sub8
Pro

Received 107 Likes on 94 Posts

I found this thread very useful so only fair that I contribute!

Generation, Year, and Model: c5z, 2001
Driver Seat: sparco evo2
Driver Mount:
Driver Sub Belt:
Passenger Seat:std for now
Passenger Mount:
Passenger Sub Belt:
Harness Bar or Cage: half cage
Interior?:full
Carpet?:yes
Stock Belts in car?:yes plus 6point.
Driver:6,2 100kg
Notes/Pics:
Self made mount with 1/4in 6*6 ally equal angle 6023 T6. Seat mounted to 1/4in plate. Plate mounted to equal angle. Lap belts to eyebolts on outside lower rear of equal angle. Inner one also carries seat belt recievor. Submarine belts to eyes in 6mm steel L piece bolted across equal angle under seat. Shoulder straps to cage x bar. Seat studs removed. 3mm steel plate reinforcements over standard x pieces under floor. Outside eye bolt just clears lower searbelt retractor. Seat fits square with front right corner tight to tunnel and small square of carpet/insulation removed. Plenty low enough for helmet.

Looks homemade, a little heavy. I think safer than some of the ready made (too thin material, wrong location eye bolts) kits. $150 in material. I will probably go full cage with proper separate mounts at some point.

Huge difference in connection to car dynamics.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:19 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
Generation, Year, and Model: 2005 Base C6
Driver Seat: Racetech RT4009WTHR (with optional 'stealth' logo)
Passenger Seat: Sparco Evo, not installed yet
Passenger Mount: Hardbar
Passenger Sub Belt:
Harness Bar or Cage: Custom roll bar
Driver: 6'4", 190 lbs., 32-33" waist

Notes/Pics: My car came with a Sparco Evo on the driver side that did not fit me at all. The shoulder wings severely interfered with my ability to shift, the harness strap openings were too low, etc. I went with an extra tall RaceTech RT4009WTHR, and I love it! It is one of the most comfortable race buckets I've ever sat in. I was going to go with Racetech's narrower THR variant of this seat, but Racetech's sales manager suggested getting the wide and tall version and just running the little side pads they offer. Those pads did the trick, and I fit super snug without much wiggle room. The seat really is about as big as you can squeeze into the car. As noted by others, I also took the roof off which made getting it in and out much easier. It just about touches the B Pillar trim pieces near the roof, and it just barely kisses the door panel when it closes. Contact is so slight, that it's not even leaving an impression in the door panel. On the inboard side it is right up against the tunnel, but no interference. I have it basically sitting on the floor on the back mount, with the front lifted for some thigh support. One of the really cool features of this seat is that it has four mounting holes on each side, two lower and two upper. That really increased the mounting flexibility and helped me achieve a comfortable driving position. Below are a couple of pics that show the difference in size between the Sparco and the RaceTech. For reference, I also took a pic of the Sparco label to show which exact model it is (because they have a bunch of variants and it is confusing!).

In this first pic you can see how much higher the shoulder wings and harness openings are on the Racetech. Both seats are mounted as low as possible in this pic for an apples-to-apples look. I later had to significantly adjust the mounting on the Racetech to suit me better.

Below you can see the large difference in side bolstering between the two seats. The RT bolsters hold my ribs much better, have more padding, and are far comfier for my particular body type.

Here's the label from the Sparco that is too small for me:

To get the Racetech in the car I had to run the AMT vertical mounts on the outside of the rails on both sides of the driver seat. Since the AMT mount has so many holes and looks like Swiss cheese, that made it possible to pull everything together! I was impressed by the quality of the billet pieces, all of the included hardware bits, the sub belt mount, etc. Mark does a great job on these. They are extremely versatile, very nicely made, and it's clear that a lot of thought went into the design.

Below you can see how the seat sits on the outboard side. After tearing racing buckets up during install on several previous car, I coated this one with a healthy dose of painter's tape to protect it while I wrangled it into the car over and over again while tweaking the position.

Here you can see how close the halo sits to the B Pillar. In my selected position, you can slide a piece of paper in and that's about it. Again though, it will depend on how much rake you have to the seat, how far back it is on the rails, etc.

Here you can see that it just barely kisses the door panel:

On the inboard side it also just kisses the tunnel, but isn't pressing hard on it.

A big thanks again to Mark for the beautiful seat mount and guidance. I'd also like to plug Apex Performance (where I bought the seat) and Racetech. They were a big help in selecting the proper seat to fit my needs, and they provided great communication and service. If anyone has questions on my setup you can feel free to PM me at any time. Thanks, and good luck with your seat shoehorning gents.
Jeff the Racetech seats really are worth the effort. It took a few minutes, more like a couple of hours, to figure out how to make mine work but I've never looked back. Can't imagine going with anything else now. Glad you got it all to fit.

Herman
Old 09-02-2018, 12:20 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Installed the new Sparco QRT-R seat with Marrad base with zero rubbing, and enough room to adjust forward and aft. Perfect fit! Currently installing the Sharkbar harnessbar.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:06 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tw00t
Installed the new Sparco QRT-R seat with Marrad base with zero rubbing, and enough room to adjust forward and aft. Perfect fit! Currently installing the Sharkbar harnessbar.

From what I've read, the seat and brackets probably weight 25 lbs or less! Nice job.

Get notified of new replies

To The "Will This Seat Fit In My Car?" thread

Old 09-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Steve17GS
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tw00t

Nice seat! Researching setups. Why did you decided to not go with a 5 point seat setup?
Old 09-03-2018, 12:48 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

I went with the 4 point ASM Schroth ... I have a Hans device too and previously had the 6point Schroth Profi II in my M4 but this time I decided to go ASM because I want the harness to give a little since I don't have a full cage, only a harness bar.

A few other points
- Everything went together perfectly, the Marrad base is very well engineered. Lots of adjustment forward and aft.
- Seat is so light and also so rigid! Very impressed!!
- Seat is narrow so it fit with no rubbing
- Sharkbar harness bar went in with zero issues, took me 30 minutes to install - Very well engineered
- I was able to quite easily retain the 3point belt setup. The pretensioner in the belt won't fire but that just means the airbag will fire harder. Risk I'm willing to take.
- Now I feel so much better in the car, very connected and I feel part of the car .. not sitting on top of the car, if you know what I mean. I had previously debated comp seats and decided I don't like the sofa-like feel of the comp seat with no bottom cushion side bolstering.
- Also - PLEASE PLEASE Tape / Painters Tape your door sills and other soft surfaces.. I managed to scratch my door sill plastic by being dumb.. learn from my mistakes..
Also - I don't know what all the fuss is about with the install - I had zero problems and was able to adjust the seat to exactly where I like it. I can go back and forward easy if I want to. Mirrors dont won't anymore but can be adjusted by hand. Steering telescope function still works which is awesome. I'm 5'9 170lb for reference.

Last edited by w00tw00t; 09-03-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:53 PM
w00tw00t
Pro

Originally Posted by marrad
From what I've read, the seat and brackets probably weight 25 lbs or less! Nice job.
Correct! You guys are awesome, I'm very impressed with the base. I was frankly shocked when I picked up the seat and base. It is so light. The stock seat is insanely heavy.

I am mulling over switching the passenger side to the same setup so might reach out to you to buy another base soon
Clay Weber (09-16-2021)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "Will This Seat Fit In My Car?" thread