Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current Delrin AF offerings

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Borg Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by a_ahmed
Ah I thought so... so in that case the kits including yours don't include a shock mount bushing, but a spherical would be ideal. I am guessing you don't produce the spherical shock mount but bought it or machined one for your car.
Not yet, but it's coming.
The following users liked this post:
a_ahmed (06-13-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 08:38 AM
0Rodney@ridetech
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I always hated polyurethane, it gave an artificial feel of tightness, but then it was crashing, squeeking and jarring like hell... with constant binding issues. So I never use poly in anything anymore.. other than engine mounts
Agree! Not to mention that it will take set over time when seeing high loads. I've seen polyurethane that had the ID oval shaped over time.

I was curious about two things you mentioned, what did you mean by Ridetech's unique solution in the LCA?
We do an inner taper from then center out to allow for misalignment. This eliminates any binding no matter where the lower eccentrics are sat at for the alignment.
tommyc6z06 (01-11-2020)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:25 AM
John B
Pro
Pro Mechanic

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I always hated polyurethane, it gave an artificial feel of tightness, but then it was crashing, squeeking and jarring like hell... with constant binding issues. So I never use poly in anything anymore.. other than engine mounts

I was curious about two things you mentioned, what did you mean by Ridetech's unique solution in the LCA? And what about the shock mount, I've heard people mention that the shock mount shouldn't be something like delrin or poly for articulation reasons? Am I correct or wrong?

In theory a spherical in there should allow a tight solid connection with articulation and should just make the shocks work better... but what about delrin AF? Either way gonna be better than crappy stock rubber...
I leave the rubber lower in dual purpose street/track cars. For ride harshness. Don't see it having as much effect on performance.

Should let the ride tech guy explain their lower bushing design.

We contemplated making Delrin bushings around 2002 & decided not to tackle it because of the misalignment of the lowers.
Delrin has 0 flex. The alignment cams in lowers make the attachment points not in line with each other. Anything other than lined up is binding the bushing. The front can be dealt with. Think of the rear lower fixed attachment point. Now move the front bushing as needed to align. You are attempting to twist the rear bushing that wont.
miami993c297 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Borg Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Steel frame kits are back in stock for all C5's, C6 bases, and C6 Grand Sports. More coming this week with aluminum frame kits about a week out.

Quick Reply: Current Delrin AF offerings