Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have any experience at Memphis Motorsports Park?

Old 07-12-2018, 08:23 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

Default Does anyone have any experience at Memphis Motorsports Park?

Greetings, all!

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of a track as a part of Memphis Motorsports Park? Living in Hot Springs, AR has lots of great roads to explore, but I miss my days in the target-rich environment of the DFW area. AFAIK the closest tracks to me are Hallett and MSR-C near Ft. Worth. I recently heard that Memphis Motorsports Park was running ( I thought it was defunct), but their website implies that they have a few events running on their schedule).

Anyone know anything about MMP?

TIA, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 07-12-2018, 03:13 PM
423brian
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're referring to the road course, correct?
I ran there last year with SCCA Targa Southland. We had some open track time and competition track cross runs. (One lap, standing start, flying finish.)

I get emails pretty regularly for SCCA track night events going on there so it seems to still be open. The course is fun for open track time however the last corner leading back on to the drag strip is pretty sketchy. Concrete on both sides, and the drag strip is covered in super sticky rubber and VHT so there is a pretty dramatic transition. Also, that stuff is slick as ice when wet! Otherwise, it's pretty fun. Local guys were nice. When I looked there was a youtube video onboard a C5 that helped me a lot with learning the track. I
The following users liked this post:
VetteDrmr (07-13-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 07:08 AM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Check with NASA. They run there a couple of times a year. It's an OK track but nothing to write home about.

Just come on over to Hallett for an HST day once a month.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone have any experience at Memphis Motorsports Park?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone have any experience at Memphis Motorsports Park?