Alternator died from overheating. - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator died from overheating.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:00 PM
cagotzmann
CF Senior Member

Default Alternator died from overheating.

The Ac Delco alternator (19152464) (from a 1992 Camaro CS130 casing) unit finally failed due to overheating. I am looking for replacement parts that will do better.

This unit is from a GM Serpentine conversion for my C3 1978 corvette. What brands are you track guys using after the factory units fail. ?

I would like to keep the same connections if possible, but it must mount the same and I can adapt the electrical connections.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:35 PM
DunlevysZ
CF Senior Member

Are you sure the heat did it in or was it spinning too fast? I've had them fail from consistent high RPM's....they are usually pretty good in the heat. What failed?
Old 08-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Z06_BluByU
CF Senior Member

factory alts seem to be the best quality with gm’s (at least on the c4s and c5s).. i agree it may need to br underdriven

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: