Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sub and lap Belt Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Tykrane30
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sub and lap Belt Mounting

SCCA and NASA road racing guys, can you post up some images of how you have your sub and lap belts secured in your race cars?

Something tells me that the pre-fabbed belt cross members that sit on stud extenders aren't legal since they're not part of the roll structure (Stud extenders seem sketchy to me as is).
I've looked through both rulebooks and understand what both sanctioning bodies require but would just like to see examples of it since the floorboard isn't straight metal.

I'm slowly working on converting my 2001 street car to a prepped track/race car and would prefer to just do it right the first time rather than double buy.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:02 PM
heavyzee
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have plate steel welded across (between tunnel and frame) to hold seats and belts in.

inside lap belt can be attached to tunnel with a backing plate as it is steel

Last edited by heavyzee; 08-09-2018 at 04:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tykrane30 (08-10-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Tykrane30
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey thanks Heavyzee I was thinking mos setups would be something along those lines, I just wanted a confirmation. Now I just need to decide when it's a good time to give up on it being a streetcar

Get notified of new replies

To Sub and lap Belt Mounting

Quick Reply: Sub and lap Belt Mounting