Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice Needed: Will This Seat/Bracket Combo Work?

Old 10-06-2018, 06:43 PM
anth115
CF Senior Member

Default Advice Needed: Will This Seat/Bracket Combo Work?

Hey all,

I want some feedback from the forum to see if this seat/mount combo Iím looking at will fit in my 2006 Z06. Iíve done lots of googling but itís hard to get a conclusive answer specifically for our platform to all of my questions (below).

The seat is a Corbeau Forza Sport. This is the FIA rated one shown here:
https://corbeau.com/sport-fixed-back/forza.html

Iím planning to use side mounts to mount it, possibly these:
https://www.racing-seats-usa.com/pla...lter=undefined

Background info for my use:
  • I use the car for HPDE (hence the desire to upgrade) so helmet room is key, hence the side mount idea.
  • Iím 6í1, 190lbs with a 33Ē waist, athletic build.
  • I use the car on the street too (maybe 3k miles a year). Iíd like for the stock belts to work on the street and use harnesses when itís track time.

Questions
  1. Iím aware of the risks with 3pt belts and fixed back seats. Do you think these bolsters are high enough to create that issue (lap belt sitting on the bolsters, not my lap), or will that not happen with this seat & driver of my size? The Corbeau site does say these are 3pt compatible.
  2. Iíd love to mount the side mounts onto the stock power seat rail, but I donít see this done. Is it possible?
  3. Helmet room is key for me. Do I have any other options besides mounting it directly to the floor (no slider) or taking the cushion out?
  4. Will this seat fit in the car? A pic with dimensions is shown in the link above.
  5. Does anyone have experience with this particular seat? It doesnít look as nicely contoured as an evo 2 (which fits me like a glove but costs 3x more). My budget is pretty tight for this mod but I liked that itís steel/FIA rated unlike others in this price range.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited by anth115; 10-06-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:28 AM
[email protected] Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Hey what do you know, a thread called "Will this seat fit in my car?"

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/4114357-the-will-this-seat-fit-in-my-car-thread.html
  1. Any 3 point belt with a racing seat is not ideal, but that seat will not be any better or worse than any other.
  2. Not without some fab skills, and at your height that combo would probably make the seat way too high anyway
  3. Our mount puts the seat at low as possible without chopping up the floor. Don't know what those side mounts you've selected will do as far as height. Much different price points however.
  4. See link above.
  5. I have never been on track in a Corbeau seat that wasn't awful. The ones I've been in (as an instructor) flexed so much I felt compelled to hold on to the door grab handle just to keep myself in place. I imagine that will be exacerbated by those thin sheet metal mounts. If you're trying to save money I'd look for a used out-of-date Sparco. You can't race with it, but you can use out of date seats at HPDE, and they can be had at that price point.
Good luck!

Last edited by [email protected] Motorsport; 10-07-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice Needed: Will This Seat/Bracket Combo Work?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: