Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen Race Recap - AMT Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 04:01 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default Watkins Glen Race Recap - AMT Motorsport

Hi Guys,

New blog post is up with details of our race last weekend at Watkins Glen. Happy to report the car FINALLY ran without a hiccup for the whole 2 days, which is a victory for me. Please follow the link below if you'd like to read about it in detail.

Watkins Glen Race Recap

And if you're lazy, you can check out the Vlog we did while we were there. That video is attached. Please like and comment on YouTube (I think I'm supposed to ask people to do that). Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!

Mark Petronis, 2023 C8 #266
President - AMT Motorsport
Mark@AMTMotorsport.com
Facebook The 'Gram
518-877-8560

Old 10-09-2018, 07:11 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Very nice recap Mark and loved the VLog. Need more of those! I see me chasing you in the beginning of the vid. Great seeing you at the track and am very happy your car ran well! Great driving as always. I should have borrowed that Walmart jigsaw for my fenders...

Anthony
Old 10-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,743 Likes on 940 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Nice write up Mark! Almost like being there myself. Glad the car is no longer giving you trouble.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:07 PM
apex26
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Hi Mark, Saw your recap already, surprised you get by with the AP Sprint kit being that fast. Any case, walked past your car a couple times just to say hi but nobody was around. I blew an oil line and no way to get it back together so left Saturday. I'm just in HPDE and too old/cheap to go wheel to wheel beyond TT, but always cheering on the C5 guys. Keep it up!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:46 PM
Nitrobullitt
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very cool video! I like the view in that M3 chasing you nice driving!
Old 10-12-2018, 03:24 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by apex26
Hi Mark, Saw your recap already, surprised you get by with the AP Sprint kit being that fast. Any case, walked past your car a couple times just to say hi but nobody was around. I blew an oil line and no way to get it back together so left Saturday. I'm just in HPDE and too old/cheap to go wheel to wheel beyond TT, but always cheering on the C5 guys. Keep it up!
Sorry I missed you! Been there done that with the oil line after my dry sump shakedown run. Sorry you couldn’t get it back out there. And btw I have AP Pro5000r brakes in the front and the sprint kit in the back, although I had the Sprint in the front up until this season and never had a single issue. Can’t go wrong with AP.

Get notified of new replies

To Watkins Glen Race Recap - AMT Motorsport

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen Race Recap - AMT Motorsport