Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brey Krause C7 Harness Bar Quality Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 10:08 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,151 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Default Brey Krause C7 Harness Bar Quality Issues?

Had BK bars in 2 C5s, always top notch. Now it seems they're assembling the C7 contraption without a jig.

Bar 1 - Came in chipped up in many places, multiple sags in the coating. Main tube had a slight bend, and the rearward 1" tube was not on the same plane as the main tube.

Bar 2 - Came in with less chips, but one of the downward facing "u-tubes" wasn't even close to square with the rest of the assembly.

BK decides to show my pics to their team and make a new batch of bars. Makes a bar special for me.

Bar 3 - Comes in with perfect finish, they put pipe insulation on the ends and double boxed it. However, like Bar 1 the reward 1" tube isn't on the same plane as the main tube and doesn't not align to the end slots that bolt to the chassis.What's this mean? Basically if I install the main bar horizontal based on the end slots, the rear 1" tube contraption will be angled upward slightly.

None of this affects the functionality of the bar, but it's not the quality I'm used to from them. It's a $700 harness bar. I'd buy the Sharkbar, but it's way too low for proper belt angles.

I don't have pics of Bar 3, but here's Bars 1 and 2 to show what I mean.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:42 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

We've installed several of them in C7s and 6th Gen Camaros. I can't say that I've ever checked a harness bar for perfection from all angles, but we have not had any fitment issues.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:05 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
We've installed several of them in C7s and 6th Gen Camaros. I can't say that I've ever checked a harness bar for perfection from all angles, but we have not had any fitment issues.
It's my nature when I pay full price for the most expensive harness bar on the market. They're probably clamping the ends in a fixture and "hand" welding the rest hence the variances. At this point I'm just going to install it and move on as these are obviously acceptable variances to them and they're the only bar on the market that will provide for proper belt angles for taller folks.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:38 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
It's my nature when I pay full price for the most expensive harness bar on the market. They're probably clamping the ends in a fixture and "hand" welding the rest hence the variances. At this point I'm just going to install it and move on as these are obviously acceptable variances to them and they're the only bar on the market that will provide for proper belt angles for taller folks.
True if you are using race seats. With the comp seat I think the shark bar provides just as good of an angle.

Bill
Old 10-29-2018, 12:45 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
True if you are using race seats. With the comp seat I think the shark bar provides just as good of an angle.

Bill
I’m 6’4” so the comp seat harness openings are way too low. I cover them completely.

Get notified of new replies

To Brey Krause C7 Harness Bar Quality Issues?

Quick Reply: Brey Krause C7 Harness Bar Quality Issues?