Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project C6 track day carit

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 08:01 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Project C6 track day carit

About 10 years ago I was working at a Corvette performance shop and boss/friend decided he wanted to build a dedicated road race car out of 2005 C6 that he bought new off the lot. We started the process but life happened, he got married to a military lady and ended up moving to Germany where he now has a successful taxi/ car rental/ hotel at the Nurburgring in Germany called Apex. With that the C6 was left here in northern CA in storage for the past 8-10yrs. He recently decided that it’s a project that he’s lost interest in and isn’t going to happen, so he asked me if I’d like to take on the project. Of course I said yes. I aquired it from him and brought it home. Car has no interior, no engine and the drivetrain is unknown at this point. I purchased a take out LS3 from a 2008 along with the full harness and the interior harness with BCM. I’m still on the fence but if budget allows I’d like to delete the BCM and run a stand-alone abs setup. For now the plan is put a cam in the LS3, get a Z06 drivetrain, most likely LG coilovers, sway bars, spindles etc., still deciding on the brakes and wheels. Interior wise a pair of race seats, cage, fab up a dash and a few gauges. At some point I’d like to go widebody but not a priority at this point. The end goal is to be as lite aand simple as possible as it will most likely be just for fun doing track days. It’s going to be awhile before it’s ready but it should be a fun project with an even funner end reason!
Old 10-26-2018, 08:07 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

For some reason the forum isn’t letting me upload all the pics but here is one for now

Old 10-27-2018, 12:23 PM
kevinj0101
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That's going to be an awesome car when you get it going. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:06 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Need any budget parts? I'm local and have some parts sitting around, z06 oil cooler and lines, z51 radiator, z51 brakes w/titanium shims, ccw c14 wheels w/useable tires, pfadt driver seat mount...
Old 11-04-2018, 09:54 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Yes! Mostly interested in the wheels but Pm me with what you have and asking prices. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by bullitt4110
About 10 years ago I was working at a Corvette performance shop and boss/friend decided he wanted to build a dedicated road race car out of 2005 C6 that he bought new off the lot. We started the process but life happened, he got married to a military lady and ended up moving to Germany where he now has a successful taxi/ car rental/ hotel at the Nurburgring in Germany called Apex. With that the C6 was left here in northern CA in storage for the past 8-10yrs. He recently decided that it’s a project that he’s lost interest in and isn’t going to happen, so he asked me if I’d like to take on the project. Of course I said yes. I aquired it from him and brought it home. Car has no interior, no engine and the drivetrain is unknown at this point. I purchased a take out LS3 from a 2008 along with the full harness and the interior harness with BCM. I’m still on the fence but if budget allows I’d like to delete the BCM and run a stand-alone abs setup. For now the plan is put a cam in the LS3, get a Z06 drivetrain, most likely LG coilovers, sway bars, spindles etc., still deciding on the brakes and wheels. Interior wise a pair of race seats, cage, fab up a dash and a few gauges. At some point I’d like to go widebody but not a priority at this point. The end goal is to be as lite aand simple as possible as it will most likely be just for fun doing track days. It’s going to be awhile before it’s ready but it should be a fun project with an even funner end reason!
Given the back story I assume you're working with @RichieRichZ06 at Abel on this one? We just did a pretty big 06 C6 build a few months back that he probably has good feedback on.
The following users liked this post:
RichieRichZ06 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:48 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

I love my C6, mine is an 07' LS2. I wish there was an "easy" BCM delete, but I'll deal with it until my only FOB leaves me stranded once and for all. Switching out all of the speed sensors and adding the stand-alone ABS is just wasted, un-budgeted money at the moment for me.

I need Drop-spindles, and that money would go well toward that!

Last edited by davidfarmer; 11-08-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer

I love my C6, mine is an 07' LS2. I wish there was an "easy" BCM delete, but I'll deal with it until my only FOB leaves me stranded once and for all. Switching out all of the speed sensors and adding the stand-alone ABS is just wasted, un-budgeted money at the moment for me.

Yes sir that car seems to be missing some LG Diamonds. I'll shoot you a PM in the AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:41 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
Given the back story I assume you're working with @RichieRichZ06 at Abel on this one? We just did a pretty big 06 C6 build a few months back that he probably has good feedback on.
yes Rich is one of my good friends. The car will eventually end up with the LG suspension set up. I’m getting ready to install a set of G2 coilovers and sway bars on my C7 Z06. I know the car you’re referring too, it turned out really good and the owner of that car actually purchased my 17’ Grand Sport for his wife.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:48 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by davidfarmer

I agree the Bosch unit is out 100% due to the cost, I’ve been talking with G-Speed about the a plug and play unit for the C6 from a e46 bmw (mk60) but they haven’t given me a price yet. The pull out LS3 I purchased, I purchased the BCM and interior harness as well from the car for not much more so that I could eliminate the need for putting it in reverse that was specific to the 05’s. Basically I’ll have an 08 when it’s done. I’ll probably go that route for budget reasons for now just to get the car going.

Get notified of new replies

To Project C6 track day carit

Quick Reply: Project C6 track day carit