Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5Z Track Car - ABS Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Default C5Z Track Car - ABS Issue

I have a problem with my ABS in my 01Z that is 90% track only. The code points specifically at the Left Rear Output Solenoid, and the ABS hasn't worked for half the year. I just tracked without it and figured I'd fix it over winter.

I'm not entirely sure where to begin. Anyone have any insight on how to troubleshoot that particular solenoid valve and fix the issue? Or does the ABS unit to be replaced? I've already checked for any loose connectors and serviced any grounds associated with it.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 12-01-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:40 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a similar issue happen last year on my track car. It had error code C1267, Right Rear Inlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction, and the brakes would lock up. I sent an e-mail to absfixer.com and asked if they could fix it. They said they could and said they see faulty solenoids on track cars. I sent the my ABS computer to them and they replaced several of the solenoids (the silver round cylinders on the non-connector side of the ABS computer). I haven't actually installed the repaired ABS computer back onto my car as I had already installed a new one due to an upcoming event (the new ABS computer fixed the problem). So my suggestion is contact absfixer.com or figure out which solenoid it is and replace it yourself if you are able to do so.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MySR71
I had a similar issue happen last year on my track car. It had error code C1267, Right Rear Inlet Valve Solenoid Malfunction, and the brakes would lock up. I sent an e-mail to absfixer.com and asked if they could fix it. They said they could and said they see faulty solenoids on track cars. I sent the my ABS computer to them and they replaced several of the solenoids (the silver round cylinders on the non-connector side of the ABS computer). I haven't actually installed the repaired ABS computer back onto my car as I had already installed a new one due to an upcoming event (the new ABS computer fixed the problem). So my suggestion is contact absfixer.com or figure out which solenoid it is and replace it yourself if you are able to do so.
Awesome, sounds simple enough. I had come across them in my searches, but wasn't entirely sure if that's the route I should take. I have a giant laundry list of things to do on the car to get ready for next season, so I think it's just best to pull the complete unit and ship it to them. Will contact them soon. Thanks for the feedback!

If anyone else has any suggestions, or has replaced one of these valves...I'm all ears.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:18 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I had one car that was really over-cooked it's brakes a couple times and ultimately it ended up damaging the seals in the ABS valve body - we ended up replacing the valve body.

If the code says a valve is sticking it may be in the valve body itself - I used to see complete units (both the valve body and the module) - but it doesn't look like there are any up at this time.

If you didn't get your brakes super hot hopefully it's similar to the situation above but if you know you've cooked your brakes this may help.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
I had one car that was really over-cooked it's brakes a couple times and ultimately it ended up damaging the seals in the ABS valve body - we ended up replacing the valve body.

If the code says a valve is sticking it may be in the valve body itself - I used to see complete units (both the valve body and the module) - but it doesn't look like there are any up at this time.

If you didn't get your brakes super hot hopefully it's similar to the situation above but if you know you've cooked your brakes this may help.
I have the AP Racing Rad-iCal kit, and have never boiled the flood, overheated pads, or had brake fade of any sort. Installed the kit as soon as I bought the car and before it ever saw a track day.

Get notified of new replies

To C5Z Track Car - ABS Issue

Quick Reply: C5Z Track Car - ABS Issue