Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Running the JOC Stage II Kit Now Made By AFE?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 05:13 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Anyone Running the JOC Stage II Kit Now Made By AFE?

Hey there folks. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season. I was trying to find some feedback on the Johnny O'Connell Stage II suspension kit by AFE (previously PFADT). I cant seem to find any reviews by forum members. Looking at this kit for my C6 to do some track days and canyon carving. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:17 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

their reputation was irreversibly damaged when they closed up shop for me and many clients, I like some of their designs but warn my clients to look at other options before buying those products. I have several clients who spent more on rebuilds than on the original products, only then to still have to replace them after repeated failures.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:15 AM
03Zcrit
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

A local race shop offered to sell me a set of JOC PFADT featherlights for $400 and I almost jumped on it until I called around asking who rebuilds them since they were leaking and get this, no one, not including the manufacturer AFE rebuilds them. STAY far away!
Old 01-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Actually aFe does rebuild the shocks. The coil over shock setup we use in Spec Corvette racing is the same shock as the JOC, just not labeled with his signature. We also use the sway bars, sphericals and camber kits from aFe. aFe is not Pfadt as they are capitalized substantially and they have about 30 times the revenue or more.

As far as rebuilds go they do that at their facility in Corona, California at the Magnolia exit of the 91 freeway. Mark Rossetti is the contact over there for such a need, but I can tell you that Pfadt had experimented with some new teflon coated type of o-rings on the shock shaft and it did not turn out so good. aFe went back to whatever the standard style o-rings used by most manufacturers and I can tell you leaking is not a problem with the shocks across the 20 or so cars we have racing those shocks in southern California.

Contact me if you want more info or want to test drive them in my Spec Corvette.

Oli

Last edited by Olitho; 01-02-2019 at 05:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
C5Natie (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 06:15 PM
03Zcrit
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Hi Oli, I had contacted AFE two months ago and they said that they were not rebuilding the feather lights at this time which is hard to believe since they still sell the coilovers brand new. I contacted 10 other shock rebuilding companies in the US and none of them would touch anything made by PFADT. Right now, their reputation seems to be pretty poor. Rich at Abel Chevrolet even told me to stay very far away from PFADT and AFE.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Running the JOC Stage II Kit Now Made By AFE?

Quick Reply: Anyone Running the JOC Stage II Kit Now Made By AFE?