Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seeking Alignment Shop Recommendation in Maryland for C5 PFADT Chamber Kit Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 PM
ctfc5z
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Alignment Shop Recommendation in Maryland for C5 PFADT Chamber Kit Setup

I've reached the end of happiness in the range of camber setting I can get in my C5Z on the stock setup. After lots of research and recommendations, and a serious dose of Black Friday sales help, I've purchased the AFE/PDAFT camber kit w/the drilled blocks and shims (this one). Ok. Sweet. Now what?! I need help. Does anyone have recommendations for a shop in the Maryland (or N. Va/S. Pa) area that would be adept at installing and aligning the car using this kit? I'd really like a shop that would be capable of working with me to give me the blocks and shims combinations to use @ each position to get settings of -1, -2, and -3 degrees camber front and rear. This wold let me adjust at the track as conditions required. I realize this is going to be a lot of work to do, so it's not your "standard alignment price." But right now, I don't even have a recommendation for a shop that would understand this kit.

Desperately seeking recommendations for good alignment shops in MD/DC/VA/PA area.
Thanks.
Chris
Old 01-03-2019, 10:12 PM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in MD and head to Philly for my set ups. I've had Phoenix set my car up and have had Kurt at county corvettes set it up. both aimed for the same alignment specs and I've never found the need to vary them track to track. you may want to head up that way and talk to them. you might find that with the right setting you won't have the need to mess with alignment at the track
The following users liked this post:
ctfc5z (03-29-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Rx7Rob
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Recommendation deleted.

Last edited by Rx7Rob; 07-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.
ctfc5z (03-29-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

TPC Racing in Jessup, MD has bought a couple of our camber kit - I assume to install on customer cars even though they're primarily a Poraxhe shop. It's not rocket sxiencs, just requires diligence that your average tire shop is not willing to out forth.
ctfc5z (03-29-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Rx7Rob
Drifting

Mike Levitas from the TPC is a very nice guy! I've seen him help Corvette people at the track. He also gave me advice back when I supercharged the Rx7.

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
TPC Racing in Jessup, MD has bought a couple of our camber kit - I assume to install on customer cars even though they're primarily a Poraxhe shop. It's not rocket sxiencs, just requires diligence that your average tire shop is not willing to out forth.
ctfc5z (03-29-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 08:00 PM
shizon'00
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Another vote for TPC and Mike Levitas and Tom Chan
ctfc5z (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 08:58 PM
ctfc5z
4th Gear

I want to thank everyone who posted in this thread. I really appreciate the recommendations.

I've now got the Global West Del-a-Lum bushings replacing everything in the front and the lock out plates from the aFe kit for the rear and am ready to head off to the shop. I really wish Global West had a rear kit available because it would have been great to finish up both ends at the same time!
Old 03-29-2019, 09:14 PM
ctfc5z
4th Gear

Mark@AMT Motorsport - I was unfamiliar w/your site/shop until I clicked on your website - some very sexy stuff there!! I might be needing to talk to you about rear only spherical setup... Glad you posted in the thread so I found out about you.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by ctfc5z
Mark@AMT Motorsport - I was unfamiliar w/your site/shop until I clicked on your website - some very sexy stuff there!! I might be needing to talk to you about rear only spherical setup... Glad you posted in the thread so I found out about you.
Sure thing! We've done more than a couple rear-only monoball setups. Let me know if I can answer any questions.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Craiger77
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I have also used York Automotive in MT. Airy, Maryland.
Small shop, but top notch and excellent customer service. These guys are racers at heart and know what we want.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Rx7Rob
Drifting

After an EXTREMELY bad experience to York, I have to say to stay away at all costs.

This is a strong statement coming from me as I typically keep negative comments to myself.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:28 PM
Craiger77
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rx7Rob
After an EXTREMELY bad experience to York, I have to say to stay away at all costs.

This is a strong statement coming from me as I typically keep negative comments to myself.
Thats not good to hear. I had good experiences so far but it’s been limited to alignments for the track

Last edited by Craiger77; 07-13-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:09 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

TPC Racing has bought quite a few of our camber kits for their customer cars. I'm sure they're very capable.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:34 PM
ctfc5z
4th Gear

Originally Posted by cre8fun
I'm in MD and head to Philly for my set ups. I've had Phoenix set my car up and have had Kurt at county corvettes set it up. both aimed for the same alignment specs and I've never found the need to vary them track to track. you may want to head up that way and talk to them. you might find that with the right setting you won't have the need to mess with alignment at the track
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to get some sphericals in the rear and then do exactly this!

Get notified of new replies

To Seeking Alignment Shop Recommendation in Maryland for C5 PFADT Chamber Kit Setup

Quick Reply: Seeking Alignment Shop Recommendation in Maryland for C5 PFADT Chamber Kit Setup