Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PittRace PCA HPDE Registration Opens Jan 8

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 03:16 PM
shizon'00
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Default PittRace PCA HPDE Registration Opens Jan 8

Registration opens Tuesday and I'd love to have some more GM cars to hang with in the paddock

May 3-5 2019

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ounders-362099

Perhaps it's the off-season blues but I can stop thinking about getting back on track. If you haven't been to PittRace (old Beaver Run), you really need to try it out. It's a blast with tons of elevation changes and technical bits with some high speed mixed in to let it eat.

It's an away event for PCA Potomac so small run groups, especially in the instructed and intermediate groups. Also, there's a new DE chair that is making some good changes to the program. They're doing open passing practice in the solo/intermediate group if the instructor ratio is high enough which it has been every year so it can be an opportunity to get introduced to that if you've not done it before or would like more practice before promotion.

Here's a video from last year in the black group:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ounders-362099

Last edited by shizon'00; 01-04-2019 at 05:17 PM. Reason: added dates
Old 01-05-2019, 07:55 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

I would be interested in going. New to the road course always drag raced, Do I need to sign up with PCA? I would like to have a ride along instructor for sure. I am going to Watkins Glen in May as well and have setup a forum member who is and instructor for a ride along as well. BTW I have a C6 Zo6 and live North Side of Pittsburgh about 40 minutes from the track. Thanks for the post!! Tim
Old 01-05-2019, 08:15 AM
shizon'00
Melting Slicks

Being new to the road course/HPDE world, you would start in the green group with an instructor, maybe even me...lol. I'd be happy to talk to whoever ends up as your instructor about a ride along in the C7.

You don't need to be a PCA member.

If you sign up, let me know. It's always fun meeting fellow forum members. I'll be at Watkins Glen in June. I'm really looking forward to it as it's a world-class facility.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:57 AM
shizon'00
Melting Slicks

Bump bump, a few weeks away now. Come join in the fun!
Old 04-16-2019, 08:58 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I drove Pitt International last fall - first time since the expansion. Absolutely loved the track! The surface is perfect, The elevation changes, run offs, the grounds, etc are all fantastic. They have sunk a ton of money into it in the last decade. Well worth a 5 hour trip for me. I won't be at this event but am planning on heading back there later in the summer. Have fun giving those P-cars the American middle finger.

Get notified of new replies

To PittRace PCA HPDE Registration Opens Jan 8

Quick Reply: PittRace PCA HPDE Registration Opens Jan 8