Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting SCCA possible rule update for 2019

Old 03-05-2019, 02:23 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

What looks like the rod isn't actually the rod, it's the body. The shock's working internals are in the chrome part. View that part as the same as the body on any other mono-tube for this car like a Penske, or Koni, or Bilstein.

I am a DSC and Tractive dealer, and have done a lot of the DSC Sport boxes for both the C7 and a number of Porsche's.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:37 PM
mattastick
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by itch808
Somewhat related video of adjustable mag shock dynos adjustability
Note, this is not an MR shock, like what's on the C7. This is a solenoid based valve from the supplier Tractive. Similar in function, but nowhere close to the same thing. Just to get the ground work out there.

Originally Posted by itch808
Not a C7, then again I haven't seen any shock dynos of any. But the black box ability would be nice for us AS C7s. The C6 z06s are practically impossible to beat in street class.
Just wait, or write your letter asking for the allowance on an AS car. Currently, it's only legal for SS cars, but again, DSC doesn't know what they're selling/replacing. So keep that in mind before you buy.

Originally Posted by froggy47
43mm tube, holy chit.
Eh, that's the shock body OD. The tube on a Corvette Bilstein is 46mm. In that video, it's just an inverted strut, which isn't anything new. It helps with bending moment as you increase the lateral load generated by the vehicle. That's a good thing for a porky RS.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:57 PM
QKSLVRZ
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You have Penske's on your C7 don't you? You don't have them listed for a C7 in your catalog.
If so I presume they cost about the same as for a C6?
I have a 16 Z51 that the lease is ending on, trying to figure out if I should keep it (what the wife wants), or get a new GS (what I want ), or keep it and wait for the C8.

I haven't done any track or AutoX with it, but it's something I liked doing before. If I keep the 16, I'm thinking I can makes some mods, shocks would be on that list.

Weighting options.

Opinions welcome........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting SCCA possible rule update for 2019