Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Corbeau A4s on opposite sides in C4s?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 12:58 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts
Default Installing Corbeau A4s on opposite sides in C4s?

I recently bought a blemished Corbeau A4 to replace my drivers seat, as it was cheaper than recovering it. When I did so, I purchased the drivers side, because that is what I (somewhat logically) figured I'd need. After reading a few posts on how to install it, I noticed most people seem to be installing the passenger side on the drivers side, and vice versa. Looking at this issue a bit more, I noticed a blog on their site mentioning the same thing (for all Corvettes).

My question: is this an absolute necessity, or is this something along the lines of needing to do it to make the recline more accessible? I've already got the seat, was planning on ordering a mounting bracket for it, but don't really want to do that if the drivers side isn't going to fit at all. If it is just going to be a pain, oh well, not really a big deal to me, I rarely change my recline.

Quick Reply: Installing Corbeau A4s on opposite sides in C4s?