Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACP Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Mick14
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default ACP Splitter

Getting the new aero installed. The 4" splitter and undertray are tied to frame and is very sturdy. Going to paint in a couple weeks. Photos to follow.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

This is without a doubt the best splitter around. Instantly corrected the pushiness I couldn’t dial out with a big wing.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:54 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi Volts Z06
This is without a doubt the best splitter around. Instantly corrected the pushiness I couldn’t dial out with a big wing.
I've installed 2 of the ACP bumper/splitter/undertray set-ups over the years and I would argue it's the worst fitting option I've seen. They will function properly but they take a lot of extra work to install correctly - the first one I installed had the front of the splitter tipped up slightly rather than angled down (I didn't know any better at the time) the second one I installed had the same issue which required me to fabricate spacers between the bumper and splitter for the angles to come out correct. Also since the splitter is fixed to the bumper it makes it difficult to make the undertray adjustable. The units I installed were done between 2009 - 2013 so maybe the quality has gotten better since then.

I've also installed 4 of the Blackdog bumpers and undertrays and in my opinion it is a much smoother install
The Blackdog set-up you don't have to use their undertray - the bottom of their bumper gives you a flat surface to mount any undertray you want. It is also much easier to make the undertray adjustable - it is also a lot lighter.

After installing both the ACP and the Blackdog - I wouldn't go back to ACP.

The above set-up looks very good and it doesn't appear as though they needed to space out the splitter like I had to.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

I probably should have noted that I didn't use the ACP undertray. I don't believe in carbon fiber for something that's expendable so I use a lightweight marine grade plywood called Okume, which has another vendor's carbon fiber diffusers built into it. That allows me to run it all the way back to the bolt holes vacated by the spring perches. Add in a pair of support rods in front and it's strong, adjustable and cheap to replace when needed.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Mick14
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, they have it mounted so that the undertray is adjustable. If I tear this one up I will probably consider going with a homemade undertray. Would you mind sharing whose diffusers you used?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Hi Volts Z06
Burning Brakes

I got the tunnels from 383 here on the forum. Great quality and great price.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Jfryjfry
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

More rear wing will definitely exacerbate a front push.

Glad it was remedied!

Get notified of new replies

To ACP Splitter

Quick Reply: ACP Splitter